New to Neverborn- help with Zoraida

Ikvar

Greetings everyone, 

I want to try a little game with Zoraida as Neverborn before wave 2 comes out, which means I am only going to take wave 1 models in this crew.

So far this is what I have come up with:

Zoraida -- 4 Pool
 +Hex Bag [1]
 +Hexed Among You [1]

Baby Kade [7]
 +Depression [1]
Bad Juju [8]
 +Eternal Fiend [2]
 +Fears Given Form [1]
Nurse [6](to go with the voodoo doll)
Teddy [11]
Waldgeist [6]
Waldgeist [6]

Any suggestions or critic of the list? 

- and just help in generel as I have never played with Neverborn :)

So if I break my own rule about wave 2 models, what about this:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Zoraida -- 5 Pool
 +Animal Shape [2]
 +Hex Bag [1]
 +Tarot Reading [2]

Bad Juju [8]
 +Eternal Fiend [2]
 +Fears Given Form [1]
McTavish [10]
 +Fears Given Form [1]
 +Hexed among you [1]
Nurse [6]
Terror Tot [4]
Waldgeist [6]
Waldgeist [6]

And when do I place the three models from "hexed amon you"? in the deployment face or after it?
- and is it only minions, meaning I cant place Mtavish with it?

Im also not sure how to use the Germinate ability on the Waldergeist- Can he use the 4inch attack through the 50mm marker, making it even harder for the enemy to retaliate. Or are they NOT able to use the 4inch melee attack through the markers, so I simply place them behind the Waldergeist to buff them?

The problem you may face here is by building a list now instead of after the scheme pool and strategy has been determined like you are supposed to you may find that the crew you have prepared isn't optimal for the available objectives set. Saying that based on your selections  (assuming you are going for a crew designed to teach you Zoraida and cover most eventualities) I agree with zwergenkrieger. You have WAY too many points in upgrades and heavy hitters. I'd drop Kade/McTavish for some extra Tots, they are great objective runners and with Df 6 they are surprisingly tough little buggers. Also consider taking the Voodoo Doll, it's pretty badass for it's cost. 

Nurses are 5ss by the way, can Zoraida even take them? The crew creator doesn't list them as an option. Perhaps I'm forgetting something?

Zoraida can take any living model with wp4 or less because of enthral it makes them count as mercenaries. Im going to disagree with paying points on taking the doll, just summon it turn one. I played a similar list yesterday and McTavish saved my swampfiends from being killed by range for several turns and the bonus he gains to his rifle for being near swampfiends is great aswell. I would suggest dropping tarot reading. You're paying 2pts for an upgrade that makes McTavish 1pt cheaper. He's a merc just pay his full cost and save a pt. I would drop the tots and run a gupps instead. They are good at grabbing objectives and it can be sacrificed to bring back juju. You are running alot of upgrades. I would strip McTavish of his upgrades and put hexed among you and eternal fiend on juju. Yes you place the 3 models from hexed during deployment

Edited by TheLostOne
  • Like 2

Played a game with the list, and got a win :)

But I got some quick questions:

1. Can I charge with the Waldergeist, stop 4inches away and use the zero ability to get a 4inch reach before attacking?

2. Can I deploy anyhting other then minions with "Hexed among you"- meaning no enforcer or henchman?

3. If I need to place the three models in the deployment face... im pretty fucked if I dont win the flip and make him deplay first? ^^

1) no - you can't interrupt a charge to take a (0) action.

2) no, the upgrade says minions so it means minions only - no enforcers or henchmen.

3) it's "phase" and I personally don't appreciate the swearing - but to answer the question: you deploy the models when you deploy the rest of your crew. If you are deploying first, then you'd have to deploy them not so far forwards, or just be less aggressive with them. Frankly, waldgeist aren't aggressive models anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Congrats of the win BTW :).

• Like 2

Thanks for correcting my spelling Joel- english is not my first language nor my second language, so mistakes happen :)

Im sorry you dont appreciate my swearing though, but I rather like the phrase being "fucked", as it discripes the predicament quite well in very few words ;)

- And thanks, its been a long time since I won so it was a very needed change ^^