When will this game be available to non-kickstarters

Dreamchipper

Communication via the Kickstarter would have been VERY appreciated. If the product was on the boat, a quick communication to say as much would have gone a long way. The reason there are so many "Wyrd screwed me over" posts is because of the sheer lack of said communication. We understand that production delays are part of life and are in the hands of production but a check in puts a lot at ease to let those that gave Wyrd their hard earned money to make this a reality know that things are still progressing. As a backer, do I feel "screwed over"? No. Taken advantage of? Yes. I am just happy to hear that the books are due to arrive in a matter of days.

Not going to lie. I've gone on record supporting Wyrd in this Kickstarter—or at least, saying complaining about it is unproductive. at this point, My opinion is pretty much "It's sunk cost. If it comes, it comes, and if not, oh well. Not getting the money back"

That being said, the kickstarter has failed to impress me on nearly every level, form the initial Kickstart campaign to the communication(or lack thereof.) It certainly hasn't made me want to participate in any of the kickstarters they have done since. I would hope that Nathan and co. look at the response here, and figure out why it has been so negative. The haters have a point, even if I don't aggree with the...vehemence they put in it.

Learning the right lessons from the experience will help Wyrd be more successful in the future. learning the wrong lessons, or not learning any will make it harder and harder for them to do things like this in the future. and that would be a shame, as from what I have seen of the Pdf, the product is really quite nifty. It would just be nice if more of the information had been doled out/planned via the kickstarter than having to dig through pages of forums to find "we don't know where it is, it's out of our hands." Which, while undoubtedly true, has a cop-out sound to it, does little to assuage fears or anger, and ignores the opportunity to give other forms of content in updates than shipping date.

I'm not trying to attack anyone. I get how busy it has to be there, and how things can get overlooked. But Wyrd can do better. I know this, because I've seen them do so in the past. And, above all, I want them to succeed so I can continue enjoying products from them for years to come.

• Like 3

Since it seems like we actually might be getting to close fulfillment, is there a contact for address changes.  I don't really have time at work to peruse all of the threads looking for it.

I'm sure other backers are in the same boat, so this might be worth an actual KS update as opposed to a thread post.

Thanks

Since it seems like we actually might be getting to close fulfillment, is there a contact for address changes.  I don't really have time at work to peruse all of the threads looking for it.

I'm sure other backers are in the same boat, so this might be worth an actual KS update as opposed to a thread post.

Thanks

You should be able to message them via the KS board and get that updated. At least, that's what you did a year ago when I moved.

Thanks

Well, not sure if it is the same but I had a bit of related trouble regarding the jickstarter and got the advice to contact office.assistant@wyrd-games.net as well as kelly@wyrd-games.net ... and I think I got a response from the office assistant.

So you might try those two out.

We'll be making an update announcement today and of course any address changes (we have received some) will be updated.

If you find that you will be moving by a certain date and you let us know, we can make note of it on the order and ship it here, there, or wait for an update to a stable location and make certain it gets to you. 

• Like 3

I hope I don't piss anyone off but I thought I'd post some of the KS backer update from tonight.

• Obviously the production on these books took quite a bit longer than we expected, but we are confident that the quality of the product benefited greatly from the delay. The additional time was spent to make sure the game was done at the highest level, and everything from the rules, to the stories, to the all brand new artwork, to the production quality really shined. All that is left is the (hopefully quick) boat ride for the main shipment of books to get to us, and then we will turn around and get them into your hands as soon as possible! It should be only a matter of weeks now. Only after we get your rewards to you will these books then go on sale to the public. 

We here at Wyrd apologize for the delays, but we hope that our decisions to ensure the long term quality of the game will make up for the waiting time. But to help make up for it, every person who pledged enough to get the printed RPG books will have a bonus gift included in their shipment. 

So, as it sounds from the update that they are only waiting for the books to arrive now before everything can be sent, how about some pictures of the rest of the stuff?

Like the fate deck, fatemaster screen, sprues of the multipose models? You know, fun stuff that will put people's mind at ease instead of snarky comments about making useless updates daily.

Getting a delay on a kickstart project i can understand but the lack of communication there has been (especially showing us how things turned out) is a bit disappointing

I am happy to hear the books are complete and are on their way. I am sad to hear that Nathan didn't receive them all, just an advance copy cause in my experiences, when things leave China, it is at least 4-6 weeks for travel across the ocean, customs, delivery to the distributors, and then standard shipping to us. But at least I don't really feel like Wyrd just ran off with my $$ anymore.

Either way, I am still holding on to my excitement for the game. End of June looks like a busy month for shipping arrivals (Dead of Winter, TTB, Krosmaster expansions...)

The additional time was spent to make sure the game was done at the highest level, and everything from the rules, to the stories, to the all brand new artwork, to the production quality really shined.

I guess we'll see if that lofty standard applies to the editing as well once we get the actual physical books. I'm not optimistic. :P

• 3 weeks later...

"Number of updates" by itself isn't a particularly useful metric.  How informative those updates are is, in my opinion, vastly more important.  Note that "informative" doesn't necessarily have to mean "long".  One of the best campaigns I've participated in had a gift for brevity in their updates, but they also included hard details of the process and pictures of things moving along regularly.

The quality of the updates has improved recently, which is appreciated, but at the same time, we're still in a holding pattern 8 months after the delivery target (and entering our third month since the revised target).  Note that is not said in an accusatory fashion, it's merely the fact of the matter.

thewarstore and a few other retailers I've glanced at are still showing a June release for the products, though unless Wyrd receives the crates soon and begin shipping out in the next week or two, I suspect that's about to get pushed back (if it hasn't been already, it's possible those sites simply haven't updated yet).

• Like 1

Woo!

I'm looking forward to having the sexy new deck, and paper copies. PDF switching as an FM is a little headachey at times.

Have you tried getting mice to help do the planning? I hear they're pretty good at laying plans...

I am not giving you a Pinky and the Brain setup here... nope, no I'm not. >.>

...hell with it. Narf!

I think he might have been aluding to "the Best laid plans of mice and men," WHich comes from the line

"But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain:

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men

Gang aft agley,

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy!"

From the poem To a Mouse, by Robert Burns.

...and I always figured Ratty for Pinky. 

• Like 1