McMourning and Co. Tactica

Kriltic

Yes. Immunity to all condition's will include immune to poison and so removal of immunity will apply. 

So If the reason you aren't suffering the poison is because you are immune to it, then you will have to suffer poison  if you are in the aura. 

If you can choose not to gain the condition, then that isn't an immunity

• Like 3

Not that this was actually in question, but for all would-be poisoners to be aware:

Models that prevent damage from conditions or heal due to mithridization will still not take damage in the effigy's aura (or chiwawa's noble sacrifice) as this is not an immunity issue.

Neverborn Warning!

Collodi's marionettes have a great little ability 'a perfect match'. This prevents 1 damage from any condition that would damage them, and effectively means the are immune to poison without actually being 'immune'.

Of note, this will stop all of Sebastian's 'induction' damage. The application and timing of 'induction' is super vague, but I believe the ruling is that IF a model in the aura takes its (1) poison damage THEN it immediately takes (2) extra damage, which count as being dealt by the poison condition. Thus if it does not take the initial (1) then it does not take the extra (2) poison. Incidentally soul stone users will also stop all the induction damage if they prevent the (1) poison damage, don't get boned by this!

Also Sssh! Don't tell wyrd! Marionettes are allowed to be totally OP because I main Collodi for Neverborn.

Models with 'martyr' ability (Pandora's ilk) can transfer 1 damage (i.e. your poison damage) from another friendly (or enemy) Woe. This has bitten me in the arse so hard... however, it will not stop Sebastian's induction as the martyring happens after all other damage reduction (and by implication augmentation).

Happy poisoning!

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Yes. Immunity to all condition's will include immune to poison and so removal of immunity will apply. 

So If the reason you aren't suffering the poison is because you are immune to it, then you will have to suffer poison  if you are in the aura. 

If you can choose not to gain the condition, then that isn't an immunity

Thanks a lot =)

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.6.2017 at 5:58 PM, mo11usq said:

Incidentally soul stone users will also stop all the induction damage if they prevent the (1) poison damage, don't get boned by this!

Except I think they can't, since poison damage cannot be reduced if I remember correctly. Don't have the book at hand right now, so not 100% sure.

Except I think they can't, since poison damage cannot be reduced if I remember correctly. Don't have the book at hand right now, so not 100% sure.

Damage from the poison condition cannot be 'reduced', true.

Soul stones 'prevent' damage, not 'reduce' it.

Incidentally, you can also use soul stones to 'prevent' damage from corpse bloat's you don't need a spleen... sometimes handy, especially with shield bearers around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still on the clock when i want to be out moonlighting, thanks for the distraction.

1. Is McMourning competitive?

Hells the funk yes

2. Is this an ok start to work with?

That arsenal will do you just fine to start with, and as a crew in itself it could even be okay (a 3rd flesh construct is useful to have, McM can often summon one per turn, but they will tend to get killed, so three on the board at one time is about as much as I see - I personally never hire them).

To my eye you are missing four key competitive pieces - Carrion Emissary, Rafkin, Carrion Effigy and Chiaki The Niece.

Carrion Emissary is all kinds of broken, expensive to buy but you will never regret it. It is a fast (and makes everything around it faster), board controlling, CORPSE MARKER GENERATING, limited summoning, ranged scheme marker laying, beatstick. It is not difficult to kill keep it behind the front line. This guy is Sebastian's best friend (glue 'those are not ours' to his card), and with Rafkin around its Ca6 non-randomising attacks do 4/4B/5BB with + to attack flips against poisoned models. It is total BS, shhhhh don't tell wyrd...

Rafkin is a fairly quick, damage dealing monster and amplifies the rest of your crews damage if you positioning properly.

I find Carrion Effigy can be a bit tricky to use and fit into a crew, but his aura to make things gain the poison condition that otherwise wouldn't is a GODSEND - especially going into arcanists and outcasts. Not having key targets poisoned will make you very sad. Chiwawa's ability does not cut the mustard outside TT.

Chiaki is amazing for scheme denial and condition removal. The crew has decidedly average stats, McM hates not getting to kill stuff, and thus conditions will ruin your evening. Also McM and the emissary can (and will) take a mighty pounding from the enemy, nurse + chiaki panic button will give your opponent fits.

14 minutes ago, mo11usq said:

I'm still on the clock when i want to be out moonlighting, thanks for the distraction.

Hells the funk yes

That arsenal will do you just fine to start with, and as a crew in itself it could even be okay (a 3rd flesh construct is useful to have, McM can often summon one per turn, but they will tend to get killed, so three on the board at one time is about as much as I see - I personally never hire them).

To my eye you are missing four key competitive pieces - Carrion Emissary, Rafkin, Carrion Effigy and Chiaki The Niece.

Carrion Emissary is all kinds of broken, expensive to buy but you will never regret it. It is a fast (and makes everything around it faster), board controlling, CORPSE MARKER GENERATING, limited summoning, ranged scheme marker laying, beatstick. It is not difficult to kill keep it behind the front line. This guy is Sebastian's best friend (glue 'those are not ours' to his card), and with Rafkin around its Ca6 non-randomising attacks do 4/4B/5BB with + to attack flips against poisoned models. It is total BS, shhhhh don't tell wyrd...

Rafkin is a fairly quick, damage dealing monster and amplifies the rest of your crews damage if you positioning properly.

I find Carrion Effigy can be a bit tricky to use and fit into a crew, but his aura to make things gain the poison condition that otherwise wouldn't is a GODSEND - especially going into arcanists and outcasts. Not having key targets poisoned will make you very sad. Chiwawa's ability does not cut the mustard outside TT.

Chiaki is amazing for scheme denial and condition removal. The crew has decidedly average stats, McM hates not getting to kill stuff, and thus conditions will ruin your evening. Also McM and the emissary can (and will) take a mighty pounding from the enemy, nurse + chiaki panic button will give your opponent fits.

I actually missed something.

It also includes carrion effigy if Im not mistaken.

Any advise on a 30SS from that?

• 1 month later...

The "standard" 30ss McM would be:

McM (6ss cache)

- Moonlighting

- Plastic Surgery

Sebastian

- Those are not ours

- Transfusion

Chiahuahua

Flesh Construct

Nurse

Canine Remains

It's basicly his crewbox, and "always" his core crew. Building a 50ss list with McM is normally adding the last 20ss of other models to this list, unless one tries something "outside the box". More importantly it's the perfect way for you to learn his core mechanics, which are poison, poison and poison. :) Remember to read and understand what (0) Expunge does on his card. Good Huntin'!

6 hours ago, Brother-Fu said:

The "standard" 30ss McM would be:

McM (6ss cache)

- Moonlighting

- Plastic Surgery

Sebastian

- Those are not ours

- Transfusion

Chiahuahua

Flesh Construct

Nurse

Canine Remains

It's basicly his crewbox, and "always" his core crew. Building a 50ss list with McM is normally adding the last 20ss of other models to this list, unless one tries something "outside the box". More importantly it's the perfect way for you to learn his core mechanics, which are poison, poison and poison. :) Remember to read and understand what (0) Expunge does on his card. Good Huntin'!

I think im more fond of my little helper on sebastion then transfusion. Getting the poison holder within 8" of bad guy is hard. Definitely as poison holder is normally mcmourning himself due to pushes. Also, sebastion damage output is nuts by him literally existing so he will be targeted hard. No good 0s to spam but his life is extremely important and 1ss to help that is a worthy trade imho.

I disagree. I often use McM to Poison&Push the Fleshie up the board, so that will be my main poison source to Transfuse. Furthermore, to have max effect of Sebs Induction he ususually needs to be just a few steps behind the Fleshie and McM. With good positioning and the anti-shoot bubble, if not safe it at least makes the oppo over-extended to get to him. That means the beater going after him would be an espcially good target for some McM hands-on and Expunge.. The fact that Seb don't have a (0) on his card also makes him the best candidate for Transfusion, as oppose to McM that have two fantastic (0) on his.

Additionally, with Seb not having a (0) on his card, that would leave only the sacrifice on Those are not ours, for the dual (0) on MLH, which would be really situational. I like MLH, but have never found it to work epsecially good on Seb? 

One of the things i like about sebastian as a transfusion carrier is he can just go "screw this" transfuse all the poison onto himself and go reenact texas chainsaw massacre. I haven't really worked out a way to do a "bloody harvest bomb" with sebastian but injection can push him to a good position and give him 2 of the poison he needs, so there has to be something!

• Like 1

On 2017-09-08 at 5:06 PM, Nukemouse said:

One of the things i like about sebastian as a transfusion carrier is he can just go "screw this" transfuse all the poison onto himself and go reenact texas chainsaw massacre. I haven't really worked out a way to do a "bloody harvest bomb" with sebastian but injection can push him to a good position and give him 2 of the poison he needs, so there has to be something!

MLH to transfuse from two friendly fleshies?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Goodtest said:

I wonder why Test Subject allows McM to hire two characteristics in his crew, while other hiring upgrades only accept one characteristic.

Almost all of the other characteristics were created for the purpose of their infiltration. 

(although I raise you mimic and guardsman from lucius)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Yes, except he can't actually use it whilst guild...

I know all the black sheep are currently in guild but that might change with new releases. It's similar to how Lucius can't infiltrate guardsmen from neverborn since there aren't any. I didn't say it made guild better or anything, it's just that the faction is characterised by almost none of the masters actually being loyal. :) At least Hoffman brings new models instead of just giving them away.

• Like 2