Papa Loco's Boom

Hagisman

Just wanted to make sure I was reading the card right on him for this. He gives a model within 2" a +flip to damage rolls.

I had Perdita next to him at the start of the game and really crushed Harold Langston. I'm not sure if there was anything my opponent could do to stop it from happening. In one activation Harold was dead. Just want to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding the rule.

Nope, this is pretty much Perdita's kill approach right now is to get that positive from Papa and scare people pretty bad as her movement tricks can often let her use all her AP shooting while using Trick Shooting to ignore what ever might be protecting them *whether it be cover, armor, or incorporeal*.

That it is, my friend. That it is.

Although it gets better with a Student of Conflict.

Nice fact: The bonus stays as long as Papa is neither killed (or sacrificed) nor activated. Sometimes I bury him with a Death Marshal after he gave BOOM! to another model. It combos as a delivery system and keeps the bonus up without staying next to Papa.

That it is, my friend. That it is.

Although it gets better with a Student of Conflict.

Nice fact: The bonus stays as long as Papa is neither killed (or sacrificed) nor activated. Sometimes I bury him with a Death Marshal after he gave BOOM! to another model. It combos as a delivery system and keeps the bonus up without staying next to Papa.

Wait, say uh, what? That's nasty Dirial :D 

Yeah I use this trick all the time. Did it with Killjoy last night. He double focused then Tara re-activated, gave him fast and buried him then strolled on over to an Oiran and Torakage, naturally she won initiative during the next turn and unleashed a storm on the Torakage and Oiran in the form of Super Killjoy! My opponent just sat there and watched in dismay. He showed me his hand and there was nothing higher than a 6. Mine (which I also revealed to my opponent) had nothing lower than an 11 after burning a SS for some extra cards. Luckily this was the last turn and I was really at this point just twisting the knife, I already secured 10 points and was denying him his and attempting to table him at the same time. I wanted to achieve my first 10-0 Flawless Victory and this little combo certainly went a long way towards achieving it!  :D

Yeah....works great in some situations. However it also means keeping Papa close to the family....and a 5 damage pulse is pretty brutal considering most of them have semi-low wound stats.

Also.....never, ever, ever take Papa against someone with Obey. His 'blow himself up' trick is a TACTICAL ACTION so he can be obeyed twice (if he is at full health)....then he dies and blows up.

I forgot Hamelin had Obey once.....once.......and he gutted my entire crew on turn 2 doing that.

• Like 1

I forgot Hamelin had Obey once.....once.......and he gutted my entire crew on turn 2 doing that.

Ouch. Oh how I hate obey, I forgot that Hamelin had obey as well, so my Teddy + Kade buddy cop ended up in Teddy killing Kade because Hamelin asked him to..