Izamu without Yan Lo

TarlSS

bruisers tend to be built with a specific master in mind, but definitely don't need that master to run properly. The only exception I can think of is the Nothing Beast, which is extremely fragile for a bruiser and therefore probably not worth taking outside of Tara's lists (due to her ability to protect it).

• Like 1

I have used Izamu in McCabe 10T lists before when I needed a bruiser that can take a hit or two.  The push he can get from having an upgrade passed to him plus the fact he likes several of the upgrades allows the two to work fairly well together. 

He has also shown up with several of the Ressers locally as one of their muscle options.

I played against Izamu on a Tara list and he was a pain to deal with and even though my efforts of beating him down he just wouldn't die. He's a really good choice for any master and in no way needs Yan Lo to hold on his own. Yan Lo only makes him a lot scarier.

• Like 1

Izamu standing alone is an excellent tank who can fit with any TT master.

The flashiest synery with Yan Lo is summoning Izamu back with requiliary upgrade. The extra movement via the soul porter and the heals & sporadic extra armour from Yan have an incremental effect over the course of a game which is hard to compare to putting Izamu back onto the table.

As Enternalvoid describes with McCabe - buffs definately put Izamu in an even better position ie tank to tank with lasers :) .

On the flipside, a Misaki crew may welcome another model who doesn't need any assistance and might draw heat off herself.

Izamu is one of my favorite ancestors.  I don't understand why, during the beta, people were hating on him.  He is big, bad, and wonderful to play with.  I think that with a model like him, he can work well with any master as a supporting bruiser.  Will you always want to take him, probably not unless you're running Yan Lo.