Morning Wyrdos.

I have yet another minor update for you, firstly some replies.

Proximocoal: Thank you for your input, I do think I am now leaning towards Lucas McCabe, as I can then slowly move in to the Ten Thunders ;). Though I do also like the look of Colette?

Monkeyboy30672: Yeah Pandora is completely different but the baby model wyrds me out a little so maybe a no no. Though I haven't even used Sonnia yet.

zFiend: Yet again, thank you, I think it's just a coincidence ;). I really like Perditia, she is an awesome model but the rest of the Latigo Posse just don't do it for me. Thinking McCabe?

I have finished the Sonnia Creed box set, like I have said before, I got this box just for the Witchlings, but all the models have just grown on me whilst painting them. so here is the picture, I think they turned out rather well:

image_zps855f8237.jpg

Also I was able to finish off my Guild themed scheme markers, very basic but I think they work very well:

image_zps4fe31ff3.jpg

That's all I have for you today, but at the moment I have two Guild Guard on my painting table and 3no 50mm Round Bases which I plan of "making" in to blast templates for when I use Sonnia, I don't know whether to try Green Stuffing fire or just paint fire on to these though, what do you think?

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any comments you have.

Andy @Praetoriian.

• Like 1

Good morning Wyrdos.

Firstly, thanks for all your feedback recently, helps me keep posting more. Next are some replies:

Moondog: Thanks, they are actually a product from @EmementGames_ - http://elementgames.co.uk/paints-hobby-and-scenery/scenery/basing-and-accessories/battlefields-xp-poison-ivy - check it out!

Monkeyboy30672: Thanks again for your kind words, your in look, I have "sculpted" some flames on bases and they are now ready for some paint.

Wings: Thank you, your too kind.

MasterDisaster: Thank you, I have made a start on these markers take a look at the picture below.

whiskey2000: There are a few WIP images below for you. The framing I used was routed in to an L shape so I could sit the MDF board straight in. I got these in long lengths so I cut mitre cut these to size at the corners so all fit nice and snug, pretty simple really, wish I took more WIP images TBH. Hope that helps? If not let me know.

image_zps2621b763.jpg

image_zps5ec696c1.jpg

image_zps5e75b1b4.jpg

Right today I have a minor update for you, here is a lone image of Samael Hopkins just for zFiend, enjoy:

image_zpsce24aaca.jpg

I also have made a start on the blast markers I mentioned, decided to try and green stuff them, I think they have come out alright but we shall see once I get some paint on them to make the final decision.

image_zpsa91df5c7.jpg

Thanks for reading, I'll see you soon.

I appreciate your feedback.

Andy - @Praetoriian

• Like 1

I really like the muted colour schemes and grittiness of how you have painted them. You have a very distinct style, and i like it :). Me and you are also in the same boat, i also picked the Lady J crew and Sonnia crew based purely on looks, and i started around the same time as you too :P Guess great minds think alike, eh? Funny you should liken the riflemen to tusken raiders, though. I thought that's what the witchling stalkers were like, so did my colour scheme for them based around the raiders, replete with cracked earth bases XD

Keep up the good work bro :)

Jordan :)

• 2 weeks later...
Morning Wyrdos.

How are you all, it's been a while!

I have a rather small post for you today with some finished bits and some news on my hobby etc. Firstly so replies;

zFiend: Thanks, I have finished them now but I am not happy with them so will be changing in the near future. Samael is on of my favourites too, and I got to use him at the weekend really enjoyed using him!

Jordan275: Thank you. Yes that must be it ;).

TonyLipira: Thank you for your kind words, that was what was I was going for so thanks again.

CdHay: Yeah the markers suck, I will be doing them again, but see piccies below ;).

Anyway, on with today's post, firstly are the blast markers I made, I'm not sure about them, I think I will make some more in the future but for now they will do the job:

image_zps9766b3d8.jpg

Next up is something that I have been waiting for since starting Malifaux, by far one of my favourite Wyrd sculpts, The Lone Marshal. I got to use him in a game at the weekend too, his trick shooting is awesome:

image_zpsecdb4721.jpg

image_zpsdf05631d.jpg

Finally is something else that's new, I managed to pick up the Latigo Posse box set from @cdhay, though already having Perdita, I didn't bother making her, but here's the rest of her posse: 

image_zps29427fdf.jpg

Anyway that is it for now, as you can see I still have stuff to do with the guild, but I have a little bit of news for you, I may have gone and just purchased the start of a brand new crew/faction, so more to come in the very near future....

Thanks for reading

Andy - @Praetoriian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon guys.

I have a pretty epic update for you, I attended my first Malifaux event at the weekend. But first some replies, then what I've been up to:

Viruk: Thanks again, I can't help but pair dark and dirty.

zFiend: Ha yes. Thank you, I did rush the Latigo Posse to get them ready for Heartfaux, but they are all done, see pictures below.

Right, here is a photo of the finished Latigo Posse, you will have seen Perdita before as I already had the alternate sculpt, but If you want to see any individual shots then let me know:

image_zpsecda85a1.jpg
Next up is my finished Guild crew at the Heartfaux event I attended on Saturday.

image_zpse200c1e7.jpg

And here is me getting owned by a Malifaux celeb (www.bendyboards.co.uk), It was my most favourite game of the day even though I did get owned ;). I ended playing 4 awesome games with great opponents; L7-5, L7-0, D5-5 and L5-2.

image_zpsd203f993.jpg

And finally here are my tournament spoils…. yes I came last and claimed the wooden spoon, because I am super awesome! But I did some how manage to pick up best painted, which surprised me as there were some really nice looking crews there and I also bagged myself a Miss Step model in the raffle., which was awesome.

image_zps0c7e542b.jpg

Right, I bet your thinking what can he do now? Well that is all I have planned for The Guild as there aren't any models that take my fancy just yet. So I have decided to start a new crew, and seen as I got Miss Step in the raffle I will be doing a Ramos crew, I have bought the start of the project so watch this space on my progress in the next week or so. Though I do intend on taking the Guild to another event in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Andy - @Praetoriian.

• Like 1

Damn they look good in the group shot! 

Also that is one great looking Ortega crew. So glad you picked it up :) Now I await for your Ramos :D You make really good gritty looking models, which I have been trying to achieve but I am nowhere near your level. 

Awesome little blog you got going on here, I really enjoyed reading it, especially as im painting my way through guild aswell.

I love your painting, and the bases look awesome, keep it up. And well done with tournament, Im going to a local tournament myself soon, hoping to snatch up the best painted, as long as I can get all my crews done in time that is. Although i fear i may very well get teh wooden spoon also.

looking forward to see some more of your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning guys.

Just a minor post for you on my progress, not a lot has been done due to real life but enough of excuses and on to some replies:

ArcticPangolin: It's too late sir I have already made a start on the Ramos crew ;).

James Littler: Thank you for your kind words, glad your enjoying the log, it's good to know atleast someone read it, good look in your local tournament.

zFiend: They do look good altogether don't they ;). I believe the trick to gritty models is stop trying to be neat and just be a scruffy painter?

ataraxianj: Thank you for your kind words.

Right here is what I have been up to, I have fully built what I intend to use for my Ramos crew, I don't think I need to buy anything else for these guys just yet, I need to get some games in and see how they work, but I am looking forward to getting them on the table:

image_zps7fc03b46.jpg

Next is just an early WIP shot of two spiders, still lots off work to do on these, but I have 8 in total to paint:

image_zpsa2c20b9b.jpg

Finally here is a little side project to paint up for the painting competition #MFXTOP, held by @Psientologist, It's Pandora and her box chilling on a chunk of cork, more progress images to come:

image_zpsc5f2a485.jpg

Thanks for reading and your continued support, I should have the first 2 spiders fully finished in the next couple of days, see you then.

Andy - @Praetoriian.