Sidir Archibald

TarlSS

What's your opinions on this guy?

I think he's got great healing, but way too slow. I was disappointed by the machine gun but that may have been because I was fightiing the Ortegas.

I feel his upgrades are a little suspect because he definitely has trouble keeping up with the rest of his crew.

He's actually pretty badass when you use him with Lucas. McCabe's ability to pass around upgrades comes with a nice little push. I often throw something to Sidir then push him up to activate later. I've had nothing but joy using Sidir. 

Ortega crews will always make other people's shooting look lackluster but that's not a fair comparison. His machine gun is pretty good, especially with Stutter Fire going off from time to time. I rate him a lot and use him with all sorts of crews including Misaki and Lady Justice both of whom benefit from his presence. 

As for his upgrades I tend not to bother with By Your Side as often, it's not a case of not liking it at all. I just often run out of SS or having other things to buy but it's a doozey and has helped a lot when he playing bodyguard duty for other models within the crew. As for Promises, well I almost always take it when he's with McCabe. Other crews don't seem to do so well with it because it's kind of linked into McCabe's whole mechanic but it still has some use when he's hanging around Maasters, Henchmen and the odd Enforcer with upgrades. 

• Like 1

It can really be used one of three ways; the first is early in the turn to eat some cards from their hands, the second is late in the turn to force possible failure as they lack cards, and third is mid turn when you recon they have 1-2 solid cards left to try and make him give up a higher card to avoid it on key models.

The important thing for all of this is being aware of what you need at the given time and accepting there is a good chance that you will hardly do any damage with it all game but still have it activately helping you *so less visual cues on its effects*

I'm always leery of using Empty Magazine, it just seems like it's so easy for the opponent to cheat.

Or is that the point, to make them waste cards?

If you want it for sure to go off you would want to wait until your opponent only has only a few cards in hand or better none at all. If you need him to be faster I would use Sidir with McCabe.  I usually have McCabe Black Flash him and then throw him Badge of speed for the nimble movement. Sidir can then use an extra 1 AP for walking. With Black Flash I have had him walk then empty the magazine making my opponent burn the rest of their hand to prevent, and then after everyone else activated I had him walk again and stutter fire twice to kill 3 models.

If you want it for sure to go off you would want to wait until your opponent only has only a few cards in hand or better none at all. If you need him to be faster I would use Sidir with McCabe.  I usually have McCabe Black Flash him and then throw him Badge of speed for the nimble movement. 

Sidir can't be the target of Black Flash. He's a Henchman and it only affects minions....

"Target minion gains the reactivate condition. This Action may only be taken once per Turn."

Don't worry, I was doing it a lot when I first picked him up but it's still pretty kick ass. There are a boat load of great minions you can use with it. I've had a fair amount of success with Riflemen using Black Flash, Austringers are also a nice option. Hell even Hounds can be pretty epic when given reactivate!

• Like 1

the ten thunders archer is a prime candidate for black flash - and then being passed the badge of speed.  A 4" push, a walk and a rapid fire, followed by a walk and another rapid fire in a single turn.  Lovely.

the ten thunders archer is a prime candidate for black flash - and then being passed the badge of speed.  A 4" push, a walk and a rapid fire, followed by a walk and another rapid fire in a single turn.  Lovely.

The above works wonders! Also it allows for a more deadly Walk + Focus + Fire -> Reactivate and Repeat. 

I want to try marrying him to Perdita... but at this point the only way to get him is to get the box set. I may just, at the end of the day though. The wastrels are rad, He's rad, and I guess I can own the Lucas master (though I don't love the rules...)

Eninja

Edit; To elaborate- I love the idea of him being able to shoot into melee at sh 7, while they're at a negative twist due to circular (diestro) Plus, you could use the by your side to help frank soak s'more damage if you want them to be back to back buddies.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does Sidir benefit from his own aura with the Promises upgrade?  One SS to get  :+fate on def and melee and give it to everyone near him seems pretty intense. I just don't know how to prevent bodyguard from scoring with him around. If he is the bodyguard target, he never drops due to his own healing and McCabe's potion.

If someone else is the bodyguard target, Sidir just takes the big hits for them. It is win/win for Sidir owner lose/lose for me. 

• Like 1

I love him, he is lure proof with a high skill shooting attack and decent range damage. He can also jump in front of a shot and can heal, this makes him a great defender for weaker but more valuable models, like Luna how makes guild hounds no longer insignificant. Yes people, Sidir has taken a hit for Luna.

He also has an ok MI attack. Making him a bastion to plan around if you stick him in light cover.

First off: Sidir Alchibal. Poor guy has a name that seems to invite all kinds of creative mis-spellings.

I think he is in the running for one of the best Henchmen in the game, personally. I agree with a lot of the things that people have been singing praises for throughout the thread, namely his accurate shooting, large AoE damage and slow, high wound count with reliable healing, and Ruthless. Promises is one of the most broadly powerful upgrades in the game in an elite-heavy list, which Ten Thunders gravitates towards, anyway. Sidir and three Samurai is serious business, everybody.

He is also a premier point-holding model, thanks to his excellent stat line, Riposte, and Laugh Off. While he is guarding an objective, he can still project force outwards with his excellent gun. All you need to do is top up his resilience a little, and he is a nightmare to get to budge. Fortunately, Ten Thunders has stuff to help with that, like McCabe's Strangemetal Shirt, Yan Lo's Trancendence, and Shenlong's free Defensive. He doesn't cover ground quickly, but Ten Thunders is number 2 on the list of factions with good push effects, so you shouldn't feel too put upon. By Your Side does increase the ground he can cover, as well, even if that isn't its major purpose.