My Video Battle Reports

Bloaty

So my friend and I decided there weren't enough video battle reports for 2nd edition, so we wanted to start making them weekly (so far). This first one is pretty meh since I had issue with editing and losing quality so the first few turns are rough. But its a start and we're already working to improve the next one. Feedback would be awesome! Hope you guys enjoy. :)

This is Kaeris v Lilith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOTNQv7bVE

• Like 1

So I have watched the battle report.

I think you have an excellent narrator voice.  The play by play was good, and getting a full game in within 17 minute video is awesome.  I would suggest a tripod down to table hight.  The reason for this is to get a closer view of the models and make it more intimate.  Also careful to focus on the models themselves in your shots so that if need be the surround area is blurry over the models being blurred and the surroundings clear. I might choose to use photos or video, because it is a little disjointed to do both and switch between both.  But great first one!!!

I think these are difficult to do and I respect anyone who does them. 

They make my day, as I would rather watch these than most TV.

Keep them coming!

So I have watched the battle report.

I think you have an excellent narrator voice.  The play by play was good, and getting a full game in within 17 minute video is awesome.  I would suggest a tripod down to table hight.  The reason for this is to get a closer view of the models and make it more intimate.  Also careful to focus on the models themselves in your shots so that if need be the surround area is blurry over the models being blurred and the surroundings clear. I might choose to use photos or video, because it is a little disjointed to do both and switch between both.  But great first one!!!

I think these are difficult to do and I respect anyone who does them. 

They make my day, as I would rather watch these than most TV.

Keep them coming!

Then next one should be from a top down perspective and my camera should stay focused the entire time so I can make the final version 1080p. Also want to have the cards we flip in view. I'll see how it goes either tomorrow or monday depending on what we can use to stabilize the camera. This one was mostly a test run/experiment to see what works and doesn't. Now we know. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...