The Beasts of Malifaux

Sybarite

So i've realised that i really don't have time to paint all of my malifaux crews to an "as well as i can manage" standard, and i've (somewhat reluctancly) decided to speed paint some crews. i started this with my Lady Justice crew. This time it's going to be Marcus, and i'm going to try and be rather quick with the painting and not worry about things having to look perfect.

First up are three rather quickly painted molemen. Sorry about the not-so-great picture quality.

Molemen-final_zpsa5150d94.png

Molemen-final-back_zpsfa2ed842.png

Next i'm probably going to paint Marcus or a Sabretooth Cerberus :) i've only got metal models so far but i'll probably get the Claw and Fang box sometime this spring.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

i finally got time to paint some more so here's a Sabretooth Cerberus. Not really a speed paint i guess, since it wasn't very quick at all, but it's not painted to the "display standard" i'm doing some of my crews in. i want to churn out the Marcus crew pretty fast, while still managing to make them look pretty good 

Cerberus-1_zps1d4a4987.png

Cerberus-2_zpsf4b68364.png

Cerberus-3_zpsebddbdef.png

• Like 2

Thanks! Yeah i love doing bases :) The flowers are Army Painter Battlefields - Meadow Flowers. 

Really enjoying Marcus btw. i had my second game with him last week. The jackalope killed a beckoner, Jakob Lynch lost in cards (play for blood) with molemen and was then hunted down and killed by the jackalope :D

Thanks :) But well, like i said earlier, people have very different definitions of what speed painting is. Maybe it was more like "fairly quick painting", haha ^^ And it took much longer painting the cerberus than the molemen.

i'm sure both you and your 7 year old sister are good painters too ;)

Viruk: Thank you! :) Marcus will be next i believe.

Wings: Thank you. Glad you think so. i love making bases :) it was just so fun covering the cliff in grass tufts, bushes and flowers.

Zfiend: Thanks a lot! Aww please don't stop painting your minis :) Just practice and you'll improve.

Btw, i doubt anyone would notice, but i actually bulked up the body of the Cerberus a little bit with green stuff. It's still kind of thin, but it doesn't look as starved as it does out of the blister ^^

Btw, i doubt anyone would notice, but i actually bulked up the body of the Cerberus a little bit with green stuff. It's still kind of thin, but it doesn't look as starved as it does out of the blister ^^

Now that you've mentioned it I can see that he doesn't look that thin,  his legs and body seem thicker. Definitely a good idea but still he is going to look like a starved beast next to his nig plastic cousin ;)

• 3 months later...

Thanks a lot Lussuria :) Glad you think so.

Viruk: Yeah they are :) It still looks tiny compared to the cousin yes, haha. Oh well, some tigers are small, some are big :D

Been a while since I posted any miniature pics. 

I painted Marcus, Myranda and Jackalope during spring but never got around to taking pics of them until now. I tried to not worry too much about the result and just enjoy painting them. Sometimes I have a bit of "painter's perfectionism ocd" when painting miniatures and it can be really frustrating never being 100% happy with a miniature. Anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to work on that and be okay with not painting everything to a display standard. As it turned out I spent a bit more time on M&M than I wanted to, but hey ho.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here they are on my winter board:

marcus-and-friends_zps455d7275.png

marcus-and-friends-2_zps97958b28.png

And a group shot:

marcus-crew_zpsd4c7d887.png

Right now I'm working on another project, but I'll get back to the beasts soon.

• Like 5

Peebs and Dmeep: Thanks a lot! :) 

Viruk: Hmm there aren't that many highlights actually. Didn't spend as much time on him as some of my other masters.  If i wanted to spend more time on him I would probably do a more advanced paint job on his skin. Maybe he's just photogenic :D But anyway I'm glad you think he looks so good :) Thanks a lot for the kind praise. Quite pleased with how he turned out too.