Setting up Ice gamings

kaintxu

Hi, I just built the ice gaming, after some trouble due to how small and thin they are. The thing now is, to glue them to the bases I have made.

How do you guys glue them? some don't even have both feet on the ground so it has little surface in contact to the base, and it looks like its not going to stuck properly.

Any help please?

Are you using a plastic or resin base? They are light enough that they can stay up even with a single secure point via plastic cement if to plastic base or CA on resin. Even for models that small, I like to pin them with wire. If you are afraid the drill up into the leg, even just using the pin vise to slightly go up into the foot can make a difference.

For cork, you might be able to put a little white glue on the top to seal it, then use a tiny ball of green stuff to stuck the foot to the area sealed with the glue. The green stuff will blob up a little around the sides of the feet, sort of like a little shoe. After you complete the base with snow/flock effects it shouldn't show up. 

For drilling, you would need a really tiny pin vise, which is a hand held manual drill. I found a relatively straightforward tutorial. The only difference is you would need a much smaller drill bit and rod connector given how delicate the Ice Gamin's feet are. 

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?29444-Pinning-Tutorial

Also here's a couple video tutorials. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTduo0voFws

You can get pin vises (hand drill) that have bits literally as thin as a needle. Gentle pressure and some patience is all it takes, you can use thin wire (or even a needle for that matter) and cut it to run from the foot and ally the way done through the cork, glued with some CA glue, and it should keep it on solid.

The easiest way would be to superglue a small piece of sheet plasticard to the cork, and then use plastic glue to glue the gamin to the plasticard. The bond formed using plastic glue is really strong.

You'd have to cover up the plasticard with basing material but that should be pretty easy with grass or snow or mud or whatever!