Jakob Lynch list - Not that brilliant.

Seb3110

I have played a bit around with Lynch lists that do not revolve around the brilliance charasterictic. Not as much anyway.

When i have played Lynch, i have usually been counting heavily on lynch doing a lot of the heavy lifting himself when it comes to killing. THis has allso made it so that Lynch allways is a focus target for my opponent.

This list is build around the idea that my opponent should have more targets to worry about. Usually i play a very thematic list with 3xIlluminated and 2xbeckoners, along a few other models.

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Jakob Lynch -- 7 Pool

+Expert Cheater [2]

+The Rising Sun [2]

+Woke Up With A Hand [2]

Hungering Darkness [0]

+Addict [1]

Mr. Graves [8]

Mr. Tannen [6]

Stitched Together [6]

Stitched Together [6]

Teddy [11]

This should be able to hand out more than a few slaps. Addict is there to make the Stitched better, since Lynch himself can spread Brilliance pretty easy, and so can Huggy.Graves and Tannen just seems like a fun pir to play with, and Teddy...who doesnt love Teddy.

What do you say? I am aware that its not scheme marker heavy, but hey...you cant have it all :)

Seb

To be honest, Graves and Tannen have been underwhelming to me. I would consider at the least switching them out for either 2 beckoners or a beck and an illuminated. I am wondering why you play Teddy, if its just a large beater. I think you can do a bit better in that respect. Unless you totally value your stones, I say lose teddy and a stone and add 3 Depleted (alternatively, dont lose a stone, and add a second beckoner or a first illuminated [whichever you didnt pick before] and a depleted).

I really think Lynch's crew needs Beckoners because you want Lynch to activate early to peg brilliance, but you want him to activate last so you can draw cards and final debt for high damage. With Becks, you can spread brilliance and wait for Lynch to go last all the same. I do think they are worth your time n any Lynch configuration.

~Lil Kalki

Looks fun, but I like to play Kade with Teddy when possible so stealing your idea and putting my spin on it I'd try this:

Jakob Lynch -- 6 Pool

+Expert Cheater [2]

+The Rising Sun [2]

+Woke Up With A Hand [2]

Hungering Darkness [0]

+Addict [1]

Baby Kade [7]

+Depression [1]

Doppleganger [7]

Stitched Together [6]

Stitched Together [6]

Teddy [11]

Kade gets Depression so he can dump a card to make sure he always gets his trigger. Doppleganger is in because you'll be able to cheat initiative when it's critical and she can steal any 1 action you need such as Kade's Lure to bring annoying models to your beat sticks or anything else you need plus she's just a great toolbox.

I like the look of that list a lot. Graves and Teddy can make a good combo. Tannen, I haven't been too impressed with overall, but since your crew doesn't really have any other big utility models, he might be able to come in handy. Personally, since you already aren't doing as much with Brilliance, I would recommend dropping one Stitched and the Addict, and grabbing a Doppelganger with Useless Duplications (which can provide some nice protection for the Mimics in your crew.) You might even swap the other Switched for Kade as well - your SS cache will be a bit depleted, but it will leave you with 6 models in your crew that can dish out top-tier damage (Lynch, Hungry, Kade, Graves, Doppelganger, Teddy).

• Like 1

Unless this is just for a challenge, I don't get why you're not using Illuminated, as even without Brilliance they are pretty amazing. By comparison, Stitched are fairly lackluster unless you're getting a bonus on Gamble, seeing as how its just your average damage attack which trades +2 damage for hitting yourself if you miss. That's worse than Gremlin attacks. Also, unless I'm having a brain fart, the Addict upgrade only affects them as well, as its minion only (and why I think Graves and Tannen aren't terribly great in Lynch's crew). So essentially you're spending a stone to bring them up to par in terms of risk vs reward when attacking a model Lynch/HD has made brilliant. Moreover, they are your only source of brilliance. To take advantage of Rising Sun, in most cases you'd need Lynch to grant it, and someone else to kill it. I'm not sure its worth the 2 SS investment when you only have 1 model to pull it off.

Teddy doesn't really do anything special in the list, and his minor synergy with Kade doesnt impress me. Trading a 7ss enforcer's entire activation for a minor movement is kind of weak. You can probably get some milage out of his Smell Fear by having the HD "Heed My Voice" something to walk to Teddy and fail the Horror check, but again, pretty situational. 

Lynch doesnt NEED brilliant to function, but it makes his core crew better. Its like taking Rasputina and very few frozen heart models to cast through. I mostly just reach for a different master if I'm not wanting the full murder potential his crew has. 

I do like the idea of subbing the doppelganger for a beckoner, as you get a bit more utility and can still steal their signature ability (or illuminated claw attacks). The doppelganger is also a bit more resilient and can offer cheating for initiative, vs the beckoner's relatively useless auras due to how small they are and how squishy she is. 

I do like the idea of subbing the doppelganger for a beckoner, as you get a bit more utility and can still steal their signature ability (or illuminated claw attacks). The doppelganger is also a bit more resilient and can offer cheating for initiative, vs the beckoner's relatively useless auras due to how small they are and how squishy she is. 

That's a good idea I think. But I don't see why that list wouldn't work with Lynch, Lynch can support it with the card cycling he has to get better cards for the models that other models can't do.