Poll: Did a faction win the beta?

Tuttleboy

Is there a faction that won the open beta?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ask this question because I play Retribution of Scyra in Warmachine and it looks like Ret finally won an expansion.

Do you think there's a faction that came out ahead of others?

I don't think so, but I've seen some posts about this or that master being unbeatable. I personally haven't found it to be true, but that thinking leads to the possibility of a faction being over powered.

Please post your thoughts on the subject and if you think a faction is OP, please let us know why.

Insert obligatory Neverborn are OPWTFBBQ!!!@# reply from first edition....

Honestly, as far as I've seen, at best you can say there were individual crews that were winners(or losers), rather than factions. Honestly, I can't answer the question until I've seen a lot more play and a couple of tournaments.

Like I said, the reason I posted this is because of the fact that the Retribution of Scyra has already been declared the winner of a book that's unreleased. Which to me is a bit of a knee jerk reaction considering that the entire contents aren't even known yet. We know what's in Wave 1& 2 and I'm not looking for your final answer. I'm looking for your gut feeling after seeing what we have.

Funny thing, it's easy to knee jerk when you see a thing for the first time. Harder when you've played with it for four months.

You are correct, but I need you to put on your blinders, so vote and leave Mr. I'm the Developer and I win.

Honestly I think I should have asked for votes only from those didn't actively participate in the beta. You old timers and devs go away. Let the cherries tell us what they think.

I'm no expert player and play in a tiny meta which probably influences my opinion, however, I''d agree it's too early to really know. I suspect any issues that do arise may come from wave 1 which felt more rushed than wave 2 so may throw up more oversights.

There are certainly things that 'feel' more powerful at this stage, however. I'm concerned about the wave 1 Resser masters, especially Nicodems summoning capabilities also the Belles lure casting being so good. For these reasons my vote goes to Ressers as the best faction in M2e at this stage but I fully expect this view to change as I explore the new options.

Now, If we're just looking at which faction gained the most from the new edition's beta...I'd say that Rezzers may have won, as they were, as a majority, considered weak and non-competitive. Now they gained enough to be playing with the big boys!

If we're just looking at who "won" based on what's Most potent or powerful, I'd say that it's fairly well balanced...though Arcanists have my eye in that category.