CALIFAUX !! M2E Tournament

Asyouwish78

• 3 weeks later...

Ok friends ! Im working on Califaux details and I just first want to say thanks to everyone who has helped make this possible.

First thanks to everyone who is coming. I know a lot of you are coming from all parts of the US and even outside the US and that means so much to me <3

Thanks to Chung Chow, Mario Suhardi,Nestor A. Medina Jr, Justin McCoy, Tim Korklewski, Richard Stinson, Sean Overton-shadowopal and Justin Gibbs. All of these guys have either Labored, built terrain,donated terrain, planned events, or donated prize support as well as been there to just talk me through this very exciting time.

I also want to say thanks to all of the companies who have put trust into my team and I . They have all donated generously and its amazing what this community is capable of when we all pull together.

So thanks to

Secret Weapon Miniatures

GameTrader Magazine

Wargamers Constortium

Andaya Laser Company

Wargamma

Badger Airbrush

Games & Gears

Army Painter

Wyrd Miniatures

So far this event has almost 40 rsvps. All the rsvps I spoken to recently and reconfirmed they are coming so I think we really might have 40 people. I am amazed at this. Holy cow. Again everyone thanks so much.

• Like 1

I'm capping Califaux at 50 ! We were at 39 rsvps as of Wednesday this week. Even though it only says 28. People are rsvping and then bringing friends etc.. or they haven't rsvpd and Instead just told me they would be there. So please please do me a favor. Call the store and pre pay. It really helps me figure out what to plan for and it also will secure your spot !

• 2 weeks later...
CALIFAUX !!
Hey guys ! Im here to give you all the run down on Califaux. Sorry its taken me a couple of days but as most of you know life has been crazy.
The event was a success and everyone really seemed to have a good time. 
So on Saturday we had 26 people and on Sunday we had 14. 
We had some awesome guests on Saturday that included Chung Chow, Justin from Wyrd, and Caleb Wissenback and crew for our guest judges.
We had people from all over the world come to attend Califaux ! Nestor A. Medina Jr representing NY, John Metzakis representing Australia, Josh Cal and "the cutie" from Oregon, and all parts of California.
This event was amazing because of all the work people put in and the donations that companies gave.
Thanks to Chung and the WGC crew for running and funding the paint comp. Mario Suhardi for working with Gabriel Andaya on all of the awesome donations and also everything else that you have helped with ( I could list it all but its really long lol)
Nestor for funding the Califaux bookmarks, and the blast marker donations as well as everything else you do. Tim Korklewski for making terrain and shipping to me in a pinch when i was freaking out. 
Troy Perez for once again loaning me boards, Ted Prodromou for bringing a awesome Terraclips board, Justin McCoy for all the donations and simply just being awesome, Joshua Dearth for making 2 boards the week of califaux when he found out about my moving drama. Thanks to everyone who helped on the set up and tear down of both days. Thanks to all the podcasters who helped promote this event. Thanks to Great Escape Games for letting us take over their store and thanks so much to everyone who took time out of their lives to come hang out and make this event a huge success.
We had so many companies give generously to this event and it wouldnt have been so amazing without the help.
Thank you to 
Wyrd Miniatures
Secret Weapon
Andaya Laser
GameTrader Magazine
Urban LaserCraft
Wargamers Constortium
Badger Airbrush
Games and Gears
Table Wars

Plus all of the individuals who donated individually
Mario (blisters)
Nestor ( Markers)
Sean Overton-shadowopal (Fate Decks)
Michael Foreman (Paddyfaux deck)
Mark TTB ( Adepticon  2013)
Josh Cal ( Adepticon 2013)

Hope i didnt miss anyone...

So Day 1.. We had Mario and Chung filming lots and my good friend Kat taking some professional photos. Justin was there and brought some awesome support as well as circled the tables constantly answering rules questions and chatting with folks. We had some time and he was able to sign books and talk Malifaux with people which was cool.
We did 3 rounds even though Gaining Grounds said 4 simply because Justin said it wouldnt be a big deal but looking back on it now we should have done 4 because it would have broke some of the ties we ended up having. Live and learn I suppose. 
Everything was pretty smooth and there was no crazy rules questions or debates that I am aware of. 
As most people have heard there was an issue with the winner doing a ability wrong which could have potentially changed the out come of the placings IF we had of caught it during the tournament.. There was discussion after the event about it which lead to me sending a email to the winner. He responded with a very sincere apology and had said one of his friends had just pointed out to him that he had been doing it wrong and he felt awful and offered to return the prize support. Once again live and learn. 
Ive decided that from now on before every tournament I will give a short speech about how its okay to ask to see your opponents cards, or ask about what they are doing. If it seems too good to be true it probably is. 
Spend a couple of minutes before you start to talk about what your crews do so your a little more familiar with them and never hesitate to call over a TO.

We had a awesome paint comp hosted by Chung and the Wargamers Consortium. Bader Airbrush donated sooo much support and really made this paint comp cool ! Chung and Caleb designed these great medals to give away for the bronze silver and gold Draconic awards and the winner took home a very nice trophy. 
Cirsten took best in show and won the big prize of a airbrush, paints, primers, Samurai brush holder from Games and Gears(i think) and $100 cash.
There was so many beautiful entries ! Thanks to everyone who took time to bring something to enter !

Winners of the Saturday Tournament were as follows 

1st Keith Kikawa Neverborn   (Jacob and Pandora I think)
2nd Josh Dearth   Arcanist      (Colette)
3rd John Matzakis Neverborn     (Litith, Dreamer ?)
4th Charles Betts Outcast        ( Tara ? )
5th Dave Reid          Neverborn      ( ?)

I was trying to remember what crews everyone played so if you could fill in the blanks that would be great !

Day 2 Story Encounter
3 rounds each round an hour and a half
If you would like to read the story encounters you can see them posted here http://califaux.com/tournament.cfm
The story encounter went fairly smooth. We had a few questions about rules and what not but thats to be expected. I know I had lots at Adepticon. Thanks to Mario again for taking time to write it ! 
I was pretty whooped come Sunday and wasnt feeling well from exhaustion so my amazing husband took the reins and ran it. Thanks to Charles Gonder for helping out and being awesome ! I couldnt have done this weekend without you.  

Winners from the story encounter are as follows 
Josh          Arcanist  (Colette)
Mario        Guild       (McCabe)
Josh (TTB) Arcanist   ( Marcus ?)

I think I have covered everything !! I plan on submitting this to Mike Marshal for Malifaux rankings so we can put California on the charts !! 

Thanks again to everyone !! We are already working on planning Califaux 2015 !!!!
  • Like 1