Rasputina at 40, 45 and 50 ss

kaintxu

The reason to bring Angelica in a Raspy crew isn't for paralyze, although that is a neat side ability. Its the push for friendly models. That can be huge and is really very convenient and for not many points. I think she deserve consideration for that reason in many/most lists, bit especially if you like to bring things like the Ice Golem.

The biggest reason to bring Angelica to any crew in my opinion is her ability to carry Practised Production. That upgrade can win you games. Being able to push friendly models is of course always useful too. Don't expect her to paralyze something in every game.

I mean, especially for raspy, the push is very nice. Oh, they moved to engage your primary mirror? The one that's just perfectly positioned? Push him out of engagement and fire away.

That being said, I feel like raspy is one of the few masters where I don't  think to myself, "You know, I think I could benefit from some non-fluff models." She has a frozen heart model for nearly every situation: Blessed of december is for melee beating, pounce, scheming, the gamin are cheap expendables, the acolytes are mid-level shooters and attackers with board control, snowstorm adds mobility, Ice Golem gives you a big bruiser, tank and a little movement shenanigans, and silent ones add healing and ranged support. I know that the out of faction models are what give you those curve balls, but for the most part, what more could you ask for? :P

Eninja

I know this is an old topic but would love to pick it up again I stead of starting a new one and with more games in my back.

I have been using the December acolypte and that Sh 5 skill, while great damage and slow, and discarding seems not good enough because I almost never manage to hit with it. The gunsmith has a more reliable Sh, similar damage with triggers or other abilities and seems harder to kill, or at least does more things when focused, but loosing spadvance deployment and frozen heard.

Which one do u guys prefer

Acolytes have sh6 their ml is 5. Gunsmiths are great but acolytes always have 246 whereas gunsmiths only get it on a trigger, they work much better with a crew that can hand out burning however.

I have only played one game with my new Raspy crew (I now have every Arcanist Master at long last - apart from bloody Raethford, damn you Wyrd!), so here are some thoughts my brain had.

Freeze Over is vying with December's Curse for my favourite spell of Raspy's. Paralyse is so much fun on Ca7 with max 17-18" of range.

The Wendigo is great value, and I love his flexibility as a totem. I can't see taking the Essence of Power unless I had a Ca-heavy crew.

Ice Pillars are so good at blocking enemy models from their support model's LOS (or Auras). Hah, now I can kill you without Ikiryo showing up!

The Captain is a superb support model and bodyguard, boosting the movement of everyone in the crew and being pretty tanky in his own right (more so with Frozen Heart and Armor +2). He got the Ice Golem into action early, and pushed Raspy out of harm's way once the remains of Kirai's crew came gunning for her. I prefered him to Angelica (whom I have used with Colette a few times) as the Captain can move enemy models as well. His Wind Walls are situational, but they slow enemy models down quite a bit (min of 6" Wk to cross one fully). He costs a lot more, but he is worth it.

The Ice Golem Distracted a Carrion Effigy and then Tossed it 10" away. Since it was now Insignificant it could not remove Distract, for many Lols :) Might try a Metal Gamin to bump up his Df, or a Silent One to heal him.

Bite of Winter - it works on Raspy, right? Ouch. I like the wee Ice Gamin.

I need to try the Arcane Effigy. Doing Burning off all of Raspy's blasts (plus Bite of Winter) would put her min damage at an effective 4, and would give me a reason to take Gunsmiths with her. Their (0) The Hard Way means they love it when enemy models are Burning, plus the mind-blow of Raspy handing out Burning would please me no end :)

• 1 month later...

After getting the Children of December crew box and looking to have my second game of Malifaux (first being the demo) here soon, just wanted to say thanks for everyone who have contributed tips on playing Rasputina.  It's really helped me get a grasp of some of the tricks she has up her sleeve.

Out of theme models I am looking at (or have used) are Molemen and the Captain along with some Freikorps mercs. The Captain gives some mobility and arguably better suited to Turf War than Snowstorm. Molemen are worthwhile paried up with an Ice Gamin and they support each other quite well on a flank for very little investment.

• 1 month later...

I guess I will necro this instead of starting a new thread. Is this list worth a damn?

Tina

*Child of December 1ss

*Cold Nights 1ss

*Sub Zero 1ss

Wendigo 3ss

Blessed of December 9 ss

Convict Gunslinger 8 ss

*Imbued Energies 1 ss

December Acolyte 7 ss

Gunsmith 7 ss

Silent One 6 ss

Silent One 6 ss

Ranged control with lots of pillars for defense and guns to blow shit up. I need to see how fast the list plays on the table to help with schemes. I haven't played a single game of Malifaux yet, so this list could be complete crap.

DS

You might want Armour of December in that list. In case she gets stuck in combat. Also I dont think I would take the convict o the gunsmith instead of just taking more acolytes. Imo acolytes>gunsmiths.

I think the list seems too focused on shooting and you might have some trouble with achieving some schemes. Then again, the blessed and wendigo are pretty fast.

I agree with Sybarite, though my feeling is "Moar Silent Onez!" If you use the Blessed and the Acolytes to engage and slow down models rushing for your shooters, you can get some serious use out of them, but the midfield Silent Ones can heal your front-liners as well to keep them up longer.

I also wonder who is running your schemes, though with Leap, the Blessed can do a lot of them, it'll just take him out of the "beater" role. That's the real worth of a Gamin, imo, they can rush forward, and plant schemes and be present for things like Turf War, or deny things, while coster very little. 

ENinja

I would shift the Imbuded energies to the Blessed rather than the Convict.

I probablt wouldn't take the convict over anotehr acolyte or Gunsmith anyway.

And, since its not been said yet, MAlifaux isn't a fixed list game. You arren't expected to build 1 list that can do eevrything, instead, you want a tool box of models that you can mix and match to fit your stratergy and the scheme pool.

If you are playing turf war with Assasinate and Murder protogee, then this list looks like it could do well.

If you are doing reconnotre with Line in  the sand, Breakthrough, Distract, Spring the trap and out flank then it is going to struggle to deny the opponent points and get yours.