Shenlong's Art... So what do we think?

Da Git

Honestly, I thought they could do better. I know he's supposed to be like.."Monk Guy" but he looks like one of those faceless generic monks.

He should have some kind of flair. A funny hat, or really unique weapon. Maybe like a weird robe. 

Since he's elemental themed, maybe like a bunch of 'elemental flares' like flaming fists, gusts of air, swirls of water. He could ride on a cloud like the monkey king.

Yeah, what I was hoping for as well. Something like the elemental monks in Bushido.

Riku_Promo.jpg

GCTBTR007.jpg

I rather like him being plain and I dig his serious facial expression which makes him look a bit like Ming the Merciless

(also those eyebrows).

I see the dragon tattoos as only a chellenge for myself, since I've never did a freehand of that magnitude.

Here's my proxy for Shenlong. I won't use the hat.

20130507141149-Sin_t_tulo-1.jpg

The monk/martial arts sensei looks a bit older than the concept art, but it's very similar in pose and personality.

I like the idea behind his crew because you can theme it in a couple of different ways:

Monks and wandering martial art wierdos

Oni and Mythic Creatures

The Shadow

I always imagined something like Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho:

hiei.jpeg

or Ryu from Ninja Gaiden:

680425-ryu_hayabusa.jpg

You see this isn't even remotely Monk like. These are definitely more like Ninja's which is more of a Misaki thing. Shenlong makes me think more of the monks from Bushido or Asura from Asura's Wrath

asuras_wrath.jpg

Yeah, I didn't first like the skeleton guy coming from his sleeve dropping cards. So I painted and based Lynch without it, but something was just missing, so I clipped the part that would connect him to Lynch and then put the skeleton behind Lynch as sort of a guardian angel and it looked a lot better! 

Can we get a picture of it? I really like the idea!

I rather like him being plain and I dig his serious facial expression which makes him look a bit like Ming the Merciless

(also those eyebrows).

I see the dragon tattoos as only a chellenge for myself, since I've never did a freehand of that magnitude.

Here's my proxy for Shenlong. I won't use the hat.

20130507141149-Sin_t_tulo-1.jpg

The monk/martial arts sensei looks a bit older than the concept art, but it's very similar in pose and personality.

I like the idea behind his crew because you can theme it in a couple of different ways:

Monks and wandering martial art wierdos

Oni and Mythic Creatures

The Shadow

Where is this from?

I've got it on this kickstarter. It's probably a limited edition, but I think they will have an alternate version in their store (not sure when).

I've taken two different perks on the kickstarter and I might get the second one when it arrives (which should happen soon).

I'm willing to sell the duplicate if I get one and if anyone is interested.

EDIT - I didn't get the duplicate unfortunately <_<