Heartfaux Charity Tournament - May 10th - York, UK

Tigerstyle

We have a new sponsor! The event will also be sponsored by Counter Attack Bases, purveyors of all manner of tokens, measuring devices, templates, terrain and markers. You can find them at counterattackbases.co.uk.

Counter Attack with be designing and making a custom Heartfaux 2014 30mm marker which every player at the event will receive. This will make an ideal Turf War marker on the day. They will also be doing a special Heartfaux Wooden Spoon for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all just a quick post to say there's still plenty of spots left.

If your undecided get signed up for the following reasons:

1) it's already shaping up to be a great event for beginners and experienced players

2) 4 games of malifaux in one day is pure win

3) it's ranked if that kind of thing floats your boat

4) it's for a great cause so you can feel justifiably smug for signing up

If that wasn't enough we've arranged for a graphic artist friend of ours Dave Evans to be at Heartfaux. Dave will be available to produce character portraits of your miniatures for a suitable donation to the British Heart Foundation. Please look at my twitter feed @Secondbreky for an example of what he did for my d&d character or check out more of his work at http://www.daveevansillustration.com

Cheers,

Sam

Just to add to sam's post in case any of you aren't on Twtter, here's Sam's D&D character in miniature:

https://twitter.com/secondbreky/status/447457343719366657

....and here's Dave artwork of him:

https://twitter.com/secondbreky/status/447458362784235520

All available to you on that day for a small donation to the British Heart Foundation of course :)

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon guys.

I've just been going through the rules pack and I have a stupid question for you due to being a noob. There are four games at different soul stone values, do we bring say 100ss pool of models and then make our crews for each round from that pool or do we need set lists for each round and cant swap masters etc?

Silly I know but I'm new to Malifaux events.

Thanks

Andy

The TO will clarify I'm sure but as read the pack this is fixed faction, which is the standard for Malifaux events.

So you choose a faction at the start of the event. The crews are then hired as per the normal rules of the game from that faction. Which means you can completely change leaders and crews through the game. No list submission or limitations.

There's 3 weeks before this tournament and we still have 2 tickets available.

If we can get another couple of players singed up then not only will be able to make a bigger donation to the British Heart Foundation, we will also qualify for maximum ranking points!

If anyone is thinking of picking up one of the final tickets rest assured that:

- You will get all 4 games as we have a ringer (2 in fact) so there will be no byes

- it will be a great day for newbies and veterans alike (it's a UK Malifaux event, there all brilliant)

- that there is beer in the prize pool! ( plus Element games vouchers, new malifaux releases, malifool and bendyboard goodies)

- 50% of podcasting legends The Malifools will be there (you may want to bring your autograph books)

If your undecided go for it you'll have a great day!