A little picture I drew.

Billingsly

REALLY nice Billingsly! You nailed the colors and atmosphere! 
In the spirit of constructive crit - I'd like to offer 3 MINOR suggestions...

1) The wall on the left has a sort of hard line of shadow, that *almost* makes it look like the corner of the bldg. I would suggest either blending it lighter or darker.

2) the left leg has a small curve to it, which makes the knee look awkward. I might straighten that just a hair.

3) design-wise, the corner of the wall above his head is forming a visual "line" right on the edge of his face. Perhaps extend or shorten it to break that line.

I hope you don't mind... I altered your image slightly to show you these ideas. Picture speaks a 1000 words and all that.

http://imgur.com/cGuVWI0

But really nice work!

REALLY nice Billingsly! You nailed the colors and atmosphere! 

In the spirit of constructive crit - I'd like to offer 3 MINOR suggestions...

1) The wall on the left has a sort of hard line of shadow, that *almost* makes it look like the corner of the bldg. I would suggest either blending it lighter or darker.

2) the left leg has a small curve to it, which makes the knee look awkward. I might straighten that just a hair.

3) design-wise, the corner of the wall above his head is forming a visual "line" right on the edge of his face. Perhaps extend or shorten it to break that line.

I hope you don't mind... I altered your image slightly to show you these ideas. Picture speaks a 1000 words and all that.

http://imgur.com/cGuVWI0

But really nice work!

Hey thanks for the feedback! I always appreciate constructive criticism (only way to  improve). Anyway I took your advice and applied those changes. I think the biggest thing was just moving the building. It really improves the composition. Thats clearly something I'll need to look out for in the future. Anyway here's the image with the changes. 

Also if any of you have some suggestions for more Malifaux related stuff I'd like to hear them. I can't guarantee I'll draw them but I'll never turn away a good idea.

guild_patrol_small_mk2_zps986f31bd.png

• Like 5

Very nice job. that looks fantastic, and really fits the dark, mysterious look of Malifaux.  If you're taking suggestions, may I request something Freikorps related? Like a Freikorpsmann clutching his dead comrade, while still holding his gun out to fight whatver threat felled his buddy?

Good work - I do digital illustrations too and uploaded a troll/gremlin somewhere on the forums and am working on another creature at the moment :D Glad to see other people are submitting artwork, we should request a dedicated fan art section lol!

As for critique, I love the atmosphere as had already been said by many others.

The character on the ground is well done but the standing figure seems to have skewed perspective on his right arm and I find it difficult to work out which way he's facing and what he's doing due to his posture not giving many clues... is he looking around for the killer or is he the killer? BUT I don't want it to sound like I'm putting you down, you've achieved something I haven't yet, capturing that green/grey-blue colour scheme/atmosphere that we all love about Malifaux - If you do more I'll do more!

my troll thing, feel free to criticise it too, there's a lot wrong with it and it's pretty scruffy but I had miniatures to paint, haha.

http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/98571-malifaux-monster-digital-painting/

• 2 years later...