What did we ge with wave 2. Spoiler: Not much

Meliondor

Interesting. The thread was worth it just to start the discussion :-). With wave 3 I will start the discussion by complaining how OP our stuff is, then it will give a lot of discussions about how broken the stuff of other factions is and if guild is still playable.

So I will have to take a second look ath the hound-McCabe interaction (that might be worth it...3 point models that place scheme markers are great).

Lucius well...he will be great at planting bombs and similar missions. Then you first see schemes and then choose master he will be a must have for me.

The cheap options (like Brutal Effegy and watcher) might be ok as scheme-marker placers with some extra ability. You need something you can have just running around for schemes and there are perhaps better options then guild guards.

But I am still not sold on Dashel.

So I will have to take a second look ath the hound-McCabe interaction (that might be worth it...3 point models that place scheme markers are great).

They can do it in any crew. If you hire multiples of them.....9ss for 3 of them.......that's 3 Activations, 6 AP.....fast....decent hitting power, and they ignore Insignificant while within 5" of each other. They die quick if you aren't careful with them, but I'd say they are totally worth it. I won't use them every time, but they are always a viable option.

I love me some Ryle. Why do I love that overpriced Henchman you ask? Because he does whatever the freak I need done. Need him to kill stuff? Give him some Rams. If he's playing with his little brother he can get an extra Ram on every Ml or Sh action he takes and he can spend soulstones for them to. Need to announce Bodygurard and make sure you get 3 VP? Hand the scheme to Ryle. He's Armor +1, easily gets +2 additional Armor for the low, low price of a Tomes. On top of that he's got a 0 that heals him for the price of a junk card. Oh and if you're playing him with little bro, give him Patchwork Plating and he's Armor +2 or +4 when big bad Nekima is trying to beat him down. There's a reason he's 10 soulstones. It's because he's good.

Mechanical Attendant is the Hoff's manservant and totem. He's not supposed to be good with anything else. You know what I like to do with him? Let him tag along side Ryle to Power Loop Ryle in and then when Hoff activates I power loop the Guardian....bam!!! Ryle is now Df 6 or Wp 6 and so is everything else with Power Loop. Good times.

Guardian is there to protect your easily killed models. If you're using him to hurt stuff, you're doing it wrong.

A lot of the other Guild models I've not had a chance to play much with yet. I'm running a slow grow league with Hoff as my master and am having a ball with him. If you are only looking at damage a model can deal as the measuring stick of how good a model is I think you should take a step back and look for other ways to use the fig. Some models are designed to help or become better with or against certain models. The Exorcist is a great example. He does crap damage but has some pretty amazing triggers and insta-kills Undead and Spirit models with his Ml attack. Oh, and he can make any model he has in his charge range Undead before he charges them as a 0 action.

The game is balanced. Guild is no longer the bottom of the barrel reaching up to Neverborn. Every master has a spot and a shot at beating another master.

The question is, can the developers keep the playing field as level in 4 years as it is now. I think so, but if they don't I can't wait to get into the M3E beta.

Just looking at Dashel's stats makes me giggle with glee like a mad hyena. I can't wait to get my hands on him, some guild roflmen and a couple of Guards. Especially since a suitable model for Dashel already exists in the form of the former Drill Sergeant; haven't seen stats for the DS anywhere and the model even has the proper weapon in hand!

• Like 1

The new comical sidekicks opposite to the all serious Guild? Sorry for picking on your typo, it just gave me a good laugh :)

I actually intentionally typed it that way. ^^;;

Learned that particular way of writing "rifleman" sometime in the dark days of history, but I'm glad I was able to brighten your day at least a little bit! =D

Just looking at Dashel's stats makes me giggle with glee like a mad hyena. I can't wait to get my hands on him, some guild roflmen and a couple of Guards. Especially since a suitable model for Dashel already exists in the form of the former Drill Sergeant; haven't seen stats for the DS anywhere and the model even has the proper weapon in hand!

Ah that is because the Drill Sergeant is Dashel.  During the Beta he was Drill Sergeant Dashel, but there was the commentary about ranks as Drill Sergeant Dashel could lead crews with Guild Guard Captains.  So they swapped around the names, but Dashel is completely the old Drill Sergeant with a promotion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Brutal Effigy is an amazing 4ss model. Even if his only job is to run behind the master and 0 action, Or 0 action and run and place schemes. 

Favorite masters to take B.E.:

McMourning- 5 health per round for on damaging? Not anymore Make it 9 if you hit four times. 10 if his avatar rules don't change.

Perdita- She's fast, and it'll be tough for the Effigy to keep up. Unless you marry him in and use the nephilum to push him around. 

Lady Justice- She's a killin' mofo if there ever was one. Again, if B.E. can keep up, that's a bunch of health for a model that likes to get hurt.

My favorite new stuff of the night:

Minion: Brought a 'Dita crew tonight. The 5 SS Pistelero De Latigo are an amazing deal. They want to be activated late- they give 3" aura of DF buffs, devent ml and sh, espeically if you dump some mid rams on 'em. 

Enforcer: You know how good Dita and Frank are together when he gets into melee, and then dita gets to shoot in and be all boss? Well... Put Diestro on Abuela next chance you get. Santiago with hair trigger- that's a power duo. Santiago rapid fires into melee- they're at a negative twist to attack. That makes rapid fire more likely, and you're already shooting three times. Finish out his turn with a 0 action push to get Abuela out of melee, and then companion her. She focuses and torches off a slug shot doing stupid damage. (I slugged brew master tonight- he got a weak on the primary damage flip, and a red joker on the secondary. 10 damage overall. ;3) 14 SS power couple in any crew.

Favorite New Hench: This is sooo tough. Ryle is sooo good. Frank and Judge are already soooo good! But... Sidir is crazy. He's got a great melee, he's got the chance at a riposte. He's got a 0 action heal. He's got SH7 with the ability to attack multiple targets. He's only got df5- but... and this is what I really want to try (warning theoryfaux incoming).

If you take frank and sidir. Frank uses El Mayor on him, that makes him df7/wp8. We better chance at riposting- especially if you use By Your Side. Some dude tries to stab frank- sidir slides in with ml7, stones or cheats for the mask, and stabs 'em right back. 

Idunno. Could be fun.

ENinja

The Brutal Effigy is an amazing 4ss model. Even if his only job is to run behind the master and 0 action, Or 0 action and run and place schemes. 

Favorite masters to take B.E.:

Perdita- She's fast, and it'll be tough for the Effigy to keep up. Unless you marry him in and use the nephilum to push him around. 

It does not have to marry in to use the Enslaved, the Enslaved's Shackled action is just target friendly model, it does not have to be Family

Personally for me, the two models I am using the most from Wave 2 are Guild Hounds and Wardens.