Mannequins are fine, but ive never really had too much trouble getting scheme markers down with all the minions I bring. I find them more useful in elite crews when you need to get the scheme markers up  further. If you wanted to run a Collodi with Illuminated and 2 coryphee style list, or a ton of henchman, Id consider them a lot more.

Eh, they're summonable, but so if you haven't taken props, you can replace an activation when you lose an effigy. If you have taken props, you might as well resummon your effigy. :P Past that their real use is in a small heal, and the ability to give a positive twist on attack actions taken outside of activation- good for marionettes, and for things you know you want to my will on- like illuminated or beckoners or whatever is in the good position. Since it has accomplice you can do it's turn, use it's (0) ap to give the buff, then immediately activate Collodi to take advantage of that buff.Could be pretty great if you bring a minion merc shooter like a friecorps trapper. I mean, they've already got the plus one to fight cover, but another one? :P

ENinja

The biggest use of follow my lead on fated upgrade most be to share focus / deffens conditions? Cant find any other conditions he can make himself with an action

Those are generally what I use it for. If he also takes the Threads of Fate upgrade, he gains an Action where he can give himself Armor, so could potentially pass that out as well.

Ok, so I finally got the chance to try the Collodi + Black Blood Shaman combo.

(The combo: The Shaman gives Collodi Black Blood. Collodi makes the Shaman his Personal Puppet. When enemies hit Collodi, they take Black Blood, plus the Shaman can take a free action to cast Black Blood Pustule to explode more damage out of Collodi while healing and/or buffing Collodi. Collodi spends his turns Creeping near enemies and then using My Will to command the Shaman to spam more Black Blood Pustles, with the +Flip making it quite easy to succeed with the triggers he wants. More Bonuses: If the Shaman is close enough, the damage he takes to use Personal Puppet will also spread out Black Blood. If Collodi has Strum the Threads, when he takes damage to gain Fast, this also triggers Black Blood. Same for any puppets that the Shaman has given Black Blood!)

And man, it was awesome.

In one turn, the two of them took Francisco and Perdita from full (with 4 Soulstones for DR) to dead (with no Soulstones), without either of the Ortegas getting any resist duels to even try and stop it. And, in the process, the wounded Shaman and nearly dead Collodi healed to full. (With the Brutal Effigy ensuring that the Shaman got lots of healing, and the Clot trigger on Black Blood Pustule patching Collodi up quite nicely.)

Now, my opponent didn't really expect it to be quite that devastating, so if they were up against it again, would likely try and keep their distance. But Collodi and his friends can be quite fast, so that won't always be as easy as it seems, I suspect.

I didn't bring along any other Nephilim to really take advantage of the destruction, but might look into trying that going forward. I did have Nekima along, operating rather independently on the other side of the board, but might bring her more into the mix along with the True Mother upgrade to really benefit from all the Black Blood mayhem going on.

Edit: One small correction, as the Brutal Effigy's healing boost doesn't help the Shaman, since the Black Blood Pustule is a Tactical Action. On the other hand, that means the Shaman can cast it on himself, which I hadn't even realized, so that should work just fine!

• 3 weeks later...

I probably wouldn't normally bring him along, but I can see some possible synergies for him:

1) He brings a fast (potentially Wk 8 with Flight) model that can operate independantly from Collodi's puppet bubble. So while your opponent is dealing with your main force, he can do a lot of work on objectives or harassing isolated enemy models.

2) If he stays in the thick of things and can gain some eye-balls, he can add in some Alps to the fun. Alps actually go quite well with Collodi, since he can hand out Slow rather easily, and can bring along Mannequins who can do the same. And Collodi himself can potential pulse Slow. A Collodi list built around action advantage can be quite strong, and Coppelius can contribute to that in several ways.

3) If you bring him along with On Dreaming Wings, you can potentially have a Nightmare-heavy Collodi crew. The Widow Weaver does well in just about any Neverborn list, and Stitched Together can go nicely with Collodi (especially if they get some healing buffs from an Effigy). All combined, that can give a bit of speed and reach beyond the norm for most of Collodi's friends, and between Coppelius and the Widow, can bring some extra summoning options if desired.

I feel Coppellius is on that dangerous line where you can start thinking of really good combos for him, but end of the day you're thinking of combos for him and other models, not your master. The things that he brings to the table work much better in a Dreamer crew IMO, as opposed to Widow, who's benefits to Collodi are right up front.

By all means take him if you want, Myth points out some really great tactics for him above, but Collodi doesnt really gain any particular benefit from him that benefits him more than anyone else.

Are Alps essential to get if one is running Coppelius in the crew? I don't have models for them yet although I just might invest into them too at some point as I already own Weaver and Stiched so it would be relatively easy to expand into Dreamer eventually (I realize this question isn't really related to Collodi as such but no harm done I think :3). Also are three Alps enough or would a second blister be even more optimal?

I don't they are essential, since Coppelius does have other good uses for Eyeballs, including a very solid (0) action heal. If you are running him with Dreamer or Pandora, you probably want to make sure to have Alp summoning as an option on the table. But as a friend for Collodi, I think it would depend on how you are running him. If he is there to be an isolated objective grabber, he probably doesn't need Alps. If you instead are running a crew heavy on giving out Slow and gaining AP advantage, Alps are important.

A blister of 3 Alps is probably plenty if you are summoning them entirely via Collodi. If you are starting with a couple of them on the table, on the other hand, they may end up multiplying beyond that if they get into the right position.

That can depend on several factors. I almost always have an Effigy go near the top of the round to hand out an Effigy buff (and usually then Accomplice into someone else). But for the rest of the crew, here are the elements that usually have an impact on things for me:

1) Condition Spread: Notably, if you have the Fated upgrade, Collodi can share a Condition he gives himself with his minions. Whether to go early or late depends on what condition he wants to give out. If you give out Focus or Armor (an option from one of his other upgrades), you usually want to go early in the round, since that fades at end of turn. But if you are giving out Defensive, that lasts until the model's next activation. So I've found that an alternating approach can work well. Turn 1, get your guys in position, and at the end of the round, have Collodi go and hand out Defensive. Then, next turn, have him go early and hand out Focus or Armor, and now your guys basically have a full turn of being double buffed! Alternatively, if Collodi has the Bag of Props upgrade, he can take buffs from his friends. In that case, just reverse things. If he plans to use Focus, have them go first. If he plans to use Defensive, maybe have some go first, some go later, so you can always have it available.

2) AP Control: Collodi likes to take away his opponent's AP. He can hand out Slow quite easily. He can also potentially steal an enemy's first AP on its activation. (Which can potentially cost them two AP if, say, you spend their first action moving somewhere useless, forcing them to spend their next action just getting back in position.) Both those conditions last until the enemy's next activation. So you can wait until later in the round, after your opponent's key models have activated - and then throw out some debuffs on them to ensure that they will be kinda useless for the following turn. Or, if your opponent clearly has one model about to go that is the key to the rest of their plans, going after it early can ruin the rest of the opponent's turn. I don't tend to use Collodi for finishing off models. Instead, he can focus on keeping a lot of the elite enemy models in check, while your other guys finish off less important pieces (or the elite guys after they've been somewhat neutralized by Collodi's conditions.)

3) Positioning: If you are relying on Collodi having his bubble of minions, this is an important element of how he works. I usually don't make it a priority, but more of something to just generally remain aware of. Are your minions close enough to buff, or be used with his abilities? If not, maybe they should go first and get into position. Or, if you are planning to advance Collodi himself, maybe you want to make sure they go first so they can head towards his destination and await his arrival. Also worth noting - Marionnettes have a very minor ability to move a friend around. While not something to spam, it can be a key move late in a round - getting a model just in range to go somewhere important, or pushing a model out of engagement so it can drop scheme markers. So saving one or two Marionnettes for late in a round can yield some nice dividends.

There are certainly other elements that will come into play. Do you have a Personal Puppet alive to protect Collodi? If not, you might want to make sure he goes and gets that Condition back online. (Or creates some new puppets for it, if needed.) Of your other models, Vasilisa seems like someone who will want to go early in the round, in order to help move other models into position, and to potentially debuff enemies with her -1 Wp Aura. Effigies and Marionnettes often can simply go when needed, eating up activations and chipping away at the enemy - or simply getting in the way by engaging enemies or blocking pathways. That lets you save until later in the round any heavy hitters you have brought along, rather than have to commit them early and potentially put them at risk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Myth, played my first game of Collodi tonight, and felt like my noodle is baked after it was done. Turf war - Take Prisoner (Leveticus) - Distract (my schemes chosen), vs a Levi crew. Game ended 8-7 Collodi, but felt like I was fighting uphill the entire time as the Levi Player was able to one shot + turn my minions into abominations through the game (would have gotten a desolation engine at turn 5 but I sunk everything into Collodi controlling a Stitched to blast the crap out of the Aboms with Gamble Your Life to stop it). 

Was a very fun, if very close game, but was the first time I think I nearly had an aneurysm trying to keep all the activations for a game in order. *Chuckles*

Crew I took was: Collodi (Fated, Threads of Fate, Breathe Life), Widow Weaver (Hand Bag...useful, but meh overall for the game), 4 Marionettes, Arcane, Brutal, & Hodgepodge Effigy, Stitched, Coryphee (died fast and early). He had Levi, Alyce, Lazarus, Ashes, Waifs, and Aboms. It felt like a perfect counter to Collodi to me, but then again I'm a noob. 

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the bright side: if you won against your perfect counter, you and Collodi were made for each other.

Haven't touched him since, but plan to after I get some more Zoraida games in (I tend to play Vassal games with the master I'm currently painting so that when I finally take it to the LGS I have a basic understanding of how it's played....in Collodi and later Dreamer's case, I just wanted to get a overall first hand feel for them in a game).

...And doing Zoraida as my crew for A Wyrd Place monthly challenge. :)

I actually did string his, but mainly to keep making it walk out of LoS during his turn (we played Turf War and I had 2 to 3+ aboms in the Turf along with all my guys every turn so couldn't afford to decimate the bulk of my crew just to clear the chaff of his, otherwise I'd of lit him up with it.

I had a Collodi game the other day, actually. I was running a Fated list with puppets, vasalisa, and a widow weaver. (arcane and brutal).

I got tied up really early and had to fight my way through gators that forward deployed, and then Bad Juju after I had killed my first gator... I was able to kill or control his offensive force on my side of the table, but he had tied me up for the first 2 1/2 turns. I was able to swing around with Collodi and Vasalisa to make up some time and score Deliver the message and Plant evidence, and get my last three rounds of strat. I think it was 9-7? Getting gummed up early was pretty rough...

ENinja

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a decent time using Nexus of Power on Vasalisa with the Hodgepode effigy buff. 

Take two on Collodi to gain fast (within 6 of Vasalias)m Pulls strings (Stone for Crow or Mask), Deal damage, Discard a card for a stone, Heal 1. Pull strings (Stone for Mask or Crow), Deal Damage, Discard a card for a stone, Heal 1. Gets a LOT of threat on Vassy but has otherwise gotten me some interesting looks at the very least.