Well, Im hoping to get a game or two with Weaver in this week and I could probably do the other minion-level guys whenever, but I really want to do Weaver next because Im excited to try that stuff out!

Looking forward to reading about it! 

One more thing to consider if going Vasilisa + Widow Weaver, is the combination of Vasilisa´s Obey, Widow Weaver´s Terrifying combined with Vasilisa´s Sweet Nothings and the X number of Web Markers in the area. As icing on the top Widow Weavers Inhale Terror could reward you with an extra card. 

just to say played a collodi crew with widow weaver without handbag against a summoning dreamer crew also with widow weaver without handbag and both of them performed amazingly. 

Once those web markers where down, all my high cards where being forced into passing terror checks (he had widow weaver, coppelius, teddy and LCB) or be paralysed. Whilst with my markers down Collodi was pulling strings with impunity. We also found out that her card states that inhale terror seems to work even when your own models fail wp duels which was quite handy with all that terror about. Turn 4 I had to slam the hooded rider into his widow weaver just to make sure she died and got rid of those pesky web counters. Neither of us used the seize prey action simply because the web counters themselves where just so much more useful and damaging then hurting 1 model. 

got to say using Collodi with no marionnetes was perfectly sound (with Props upgrade) 

• Like 1

cheers on the update, got to agree with with seize prey being a total trap (used it once the first time I played her then never again!) if you chuck in a sorrow the -wp markers and her own exhale terror (And collodi's abilities) become even more sorts of nasty. 

but that is going the route of faux pandora (not a bad route if your using a props build.) She is definitely a support piece and lacks any real defensive capabilities so is quite squishy. 

Yeah, I've been trying to find more ways to make use of Widow with the Wp, but the WP attacks generally are so much less damaging I find its best just to think of it as a Collodi bonus and ocassionally you'll be pleasantly surprised that Vasilisa or Teddy can make use of it too.

I still don't think you should build towards a Horror list as an offesnive tactic (when you have a single lynchpin in Widow) but its something to consider in crew selection if you have models that can make use of it. I'll probably mention it again in my Illuminated section along with the Illuminated generating corpses for Teddies

I still don't think you should build towards a Horror list as an offesnive tactic (when you have a single lynchpin in Widow) but its something to consider in crew selection if you have models that can make use of it. I'll probably mention it again in my Illuminated section along with the Illuminated generating corpses for Teddies

Why not? Personally think Collodi could possibly do a better WP based list then Pandora, it would mean taking props and probably not a lot of puppets. 

re-reading through the collodi part of the tactica don't see mention of using "Run away home" as a means of getting the man up the table. (effigy/marrionette uses 1AP to try and hit collodi, cheat so they miss give the big man a 3" push, repeat as neccessary.) I don't think my Collodi ever does his own walking these days between run away home and all the push triggers/abilities. Again this may be more relevant in a props build that i tend to favour. 

also possibly worth mentioning that his ability to walk/push through his own puppets is gold dust allowing him to walk/push through a defensive line of puppets to cast some spells and then push/walk back behind them thus stopping would be melee assassins dead in their tracks (may require some scenary to get the most out of this but have used it to great effect at stopping several nasty beatsticks at getting hold of him.) Again maybe more relevant in a probs build where you want to hang back some more? 

I try to avoid as much as possible just listing model's abilities. I assume most people have looked at the cards and although its a useful ability, its useful in a very basic way I didn't really feel the need to expand on.  You CAN try to use the defensive line, but I find I typically just have range anyway? My ranged attacks arent ranged attacks so you dont benefit from cover.

I will add in the Run Away Home trick though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to try out Collodi yesterday - and, specifically, to run him with some Mannequins. They were definitely the MVPs of the match - the power to fling Scheme Markers all over the place was amazing, and their attack can do a great job of shutting down elite enemies.

I also made use of Lazarus, who turned out to go very well with Collodi. See, he can use Assimilate, as a (0), to copy an action on a nearby Construct - which Collodi is. Now, the Assimilated action can't declare triggers, which would seem to take Collodi's main attack off the board. It also can't copy anything which mentions a model by name, such as Extra Thread.

But what it can copy is My Will, which lets you tell a nearby friendly Minion, Peon or Puppet to take a (1) Action with a +Flip to any duels made during it.

And guess what? Collodi is also a Puppet. So Lazarus can use Assimilate to basically give Collodi a bonus AP with a +Flip to the action.

Now, Lazarus himself doesn't really get any of the benefits of being in Collodi's crew. But he is on his own a big, tough, self-sufficient model, which does fill a bit of a hole. So I found him to be a pretty good option in the crew. (Even if, in my game, he got blown out of his shoes by the Red Joker on turn 2.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although not a minion I had a lot of fun last night using Mr Graves in a Collodi crew. 

"Show 'ya the Door" had Graves swinging him around on his fence post across decent distances (6 inches plus 3 for run away home) without hurting the wooden master and allowed him to take a 2nd move and Keep the Peace without falling behind. 

I do find myself having trouble getting things done with his crew, though, as I seem to burn myself way to fast with Strum the Threads. I'll have to work on that. 

Only strum when you have things to hit and are fairly sure you CAN hit them. I usually prefer to strum Collodi and Coryphee for that reason. Only burning it on Marionettes when its a full on death pile.

Lucky may be more to your tastes if you're against opponents that are harder to hit.

Also obviously this applies to Fated and if youre taking Props, well, thats the downside to props.

• Like 1

Whoah. Wait a second. On the trick Myth offered  at first interpreted it that:

Lazarus assimilates My Will, then targets Collodi with it. I guess that's legal. Collodi can't target himself with My Will because it targets "other" models but Lazarus can target Collodi with an assimilated version of My Will.

Regardless, if Collodi needed to transfer one more AP with plus flip  to any other model on the board, Lazarus can help.

"Lazarus, we think you're going to work excellently with our little wagon of fun. However, you don't quite look puppet-y enough. Could you please carry this brightly-colored felt banjo and wear this party hat while you battle?"

"CLARIFY. IS THIS AN ORDER?"

"Yes. Hold the banjo, wear the party hat."

".... AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT THE GUILD. INSTRUCTION ACCEPTED."

• Like 7

Hi I am curious about the timing on Collodi's Fated: The Fate of us All upgrade. When does the buff actually get spread around the crew?

In example: Collodi is buffed with "Fear not the Sword" when does the models within 6" start to benefit from the buff?

When Collodi received the buff.

Or

When Collodi activates after receiving the buff.

Hi I am curious about the timing on Collodi's Fated: The Fate of us All upgrade. When does the buff actually get spread around the crew?

In example: Collodi is buffed with "Fear not the Sword" when does the models within 6" start to benefit from the buff?

When Collodi received the buff.

Or

When Collodi activates after receiving the buff.

The upgrade description mention that it is on receiving the Condition....so option A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I seen some models and some neat tricks with collodi but how does a normal collidi setup look like. I seen that marionets seem to be popular but how many do people bring ? (How many i should order) at the moment i got lazarus widow weaver. 1 of each effigy that have a model. Beckoner and a blister of coryphee is ordered.

Got a collidi box to ofc

I usually take 3 or 4. They are a very solid and cheap unit. And significant minions, so you can get a lot accomplished with them. I usually take something along the lines of this:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Collodi -- 5 Pool
+Fated [1]
+Strum the Threads [1]

• Marionette X 4 [12]
  • Arcane Effigy [4]
  • Beckoner [7]
  • Brutal Effigy [4]
  • Coryphee [7]
  • Lucky Effigy [4]
  • Widow Weaver [8]