Collodi+Vasillisa can hit reva from  22”, and also be safe from her attacks on turn 1, cuz u will have about 10 activations.  U will make 4 attacks 7ca vs 7wp but u will get focus from ur puppets, or even 3 attacks and “my will” for runnig back. Also u can kill one other enemy key model and try to give slow to Reva.

Also u can take stitched together and vasillisa and make 4+ attacks against reva (this combination also good vs niko with his 4 df)

u can combines this.

list is like:

collod+3ss upgrades

vasilisa+3ss upgrades

stitched

4 marionets 

2 effigy 

already 9 models and 10ss left for whatever u want. Take Aeslin for lure protection or widow for more wp threat or even our emmysary for more df damage and summon or barbaros for high survival. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, f1amius said:

Collodi+Vasillisa can hit reva from  22”, and also be safe from her attacks on turn 1, cuz u will have about 10 activations.  U will make 4 attacks 7ca vs 7wp but u will get focus from ur puppets, or even 3 attacks and “my will” for runnig back. Also u can kill one other enemy key model and try to give slow to Reva.

Also u can take stitched together and vasillisa and make 4+ attacks against reva (this combination also good vs niko with his 4 df)

u can combines this.

list is like:

collod+3ss upgrades

vasilisa+3ss upgrades

stitched

4 marionets 

2 effigy 

already 9 models and 10ss left for whatever u want. Take Aeslin for lure protection or widow for more wp threat or even our emmysary for more df damage and summon or barbaros for high survival. 

I like much your suggestion,  i just never thought about Collodi used in this way..probably could be work; even if Reva now can easily have 10 activations.

I don't know very well uses and tricks of Collodi, i used him a long time ago :P and in my meta just a player use him, but occasionally.

How can you do 4 or plus with stitched and vasilisa? 

When you say "3 Attacks" with Collodi and one "my will" for running back.. you mean one use of my will for walk again Vasilisa back?

Thank you! 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, TeddyBear said:

I like much your suggestion,  i just never thought about Collodi used in this way..probably could be work; even if Reva now can easily have 10 activations.

I don't know very well uses and tricks of Collodi, i used him a long time ago :P and in my meta just a player use him, but occasionally.

How can you do 4 or plus with stitched and vasilisa? 

When you say "3 Attacks" with Collodi and one "my will" for running back.. you mean one use of my will for walk again Vasilisa back?

Thank you! 

1) "How can you do 4 or plus with stitched and vasilisa?"

There are a lot of ways for that 😃 1. vasilisa's 0 cation on stitched + 3 action from stitched (take fast from upgrade) 2. use fast on vasilisa 0 cation+obey+ 2/3 action from stitched. 3. two ways before + lose 1 duel with stitched and get reactivate....  

2) "When you say "3 Attacks" with Collodi and one "my will" for running back.. you mean one use of my will for walk again Vasilisa back?" 

3 action + my will on vasilisa for run back. also u can try to make vasilisa's 0 cation on ur puppet for  shame marker and push a little bit back so u can take away collodi for 10".  good luck ;)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

How many Marionettes do folks run?

I've had Collodi for a while, finally getting him to the table, but 12ss on Totems seems like a lot.

Can I get away with three? Two?

I'm not a big alpha-striker, and my local meta doesn't have too many push players,  so I was anticipating summoning at least one first turn.

I have seen two general approaches to Marionettes for the most part;

The first is take all 4 because they are pretty solid cheap significant minions.  Taking four of them for 12ss gives you 4 activations *5 counting Collodi* before you add anything else.

The second is take none of them.  Instead take the Primordial Magic and two Effigies instead.  So for 10ss you get 3 activations *4 w/Collodi*.  You get the Rush of Magic from the totem and both Effigies are significant minions and fairly durable for 4ss.

Most don't go the route of taking marionettes and not four unless it is to make room for fitting something else in.

I tend to run 2 Marrionettes and 2 Effigies, the 2' push is surprisingly good as you aren't always guaranteed to get tied down, and pushing out of combat to drop a scheme marker for dig, or to interact with a recover evidence marker is great. 

Effigies are durable, especially at 4ss, with schemes like Punish The Weak, if the opponent is Min 3 without ignores armour or something like that, 2 AP isn't enough to sink into them. 

I can't really see myself never taking a Marrionette (or maybe I just don't experiment enough with Collodi as much as other masters) significant, Wk 5, 3ss totems that have HtK. Going fast if needed, pushing out of combat and proceeding to walk, drop a scheme marker and walk can be compared to a Silurid.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using Vasilisa to deliver a Fast-able Hinamatsu (with FIVE attacks) into the enemy crew Turn 1?

It seems like potentially great fun, but also dropping half your stones on a relatively fragile two model gimmick is probably terrible.
It also probably denies Strum to the rest of your crew, as Vasilisa is probably left hanging in the breeze.

Vasilisa (9ss) + A Friend To Talk To (2ss) + Strum the Threads (1ss)
Hinamatsu (9ss) + A Thousand Faces (1ss) + Something else maybe, I don't know.

I ask here rather than in the Hinamatsu thread because public opinion seems to be that you'd never play Vasilisa outside of Collodi.

18 minutes ago, DuBlanck said:

Has anyone tried using Vasilisa to deliver a Fast-able Hinamatsu (with FIVE attacks) into the enemy crew Turn 1?

It seems like potentially great fun, but also dropping half your stones on a relatively fragile two model gimmick is probably terrible.
It also probably denies Strum to the rest of your crew, as Vasilisa is probably left hanging in the breeze.

Vasilisa (9ss) + A Friend To Talk To (2ss) + Strum the Threads (1ss)
Hinamatsu (9ss) + A Thousand Faces (1ss) + Something else maybe, I don't know.

I ask here rather than in the Hinamatsu thread because public opinion seems to be that you'd never play Vasilisa outside of Collodi.

I would never leave Collodi without Strum ;)

I think that 20-21 point are way too much for those 2 models, if you need to murder a thing (not to much sturdy) is probably more efficient point-wise a fast Coryphee + Collodi pushes (I like this for vendetta). Hinamatsu is ok and really good in Collodi but will go down if left alone inside enemy crew.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ceodoc said:

Can Collodi use Doll Collection to score Public Demo at the end of a turn?

Both say 'end of turn' so not sure which comes first.

Cheers in advance.

Doll collection will occur in step 1 of end of turn, vp are scored in step 2. See page 32 of the rules manual for the end of turn rules

• Like 1

• mattc unpinned this topic