@Angelshard

My bad, I see how it is done now, reading is hard.

Yes to the second part query, it is way too expensive, I read over and over the most important resource in Malifaux is AP.

Is it efficient to buy WW + handbag, use 3 of Collodi's & 2 of WW's AP + a 3SS model to summon a teddy? When you must also consider not using Collodi's whole AP as a single strategy could leave his remaining 1/2 (fast) not useless, but sub par.

Collodi is the key in a Collodi team, his AP is absolutely golden, yes WW is not rubbish, but the wasted marionette & handbag is 5SS, drop another marionette and handbag and you nearly have your Teddy & WW and can upgrade him as well. Saving 5 early game AP?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Strangedane said:

But when it works😎

Oh yeah I forgot, cheating that 11+ as well, there is another resource.

Teddy is wonderful, God I wish he had Puppet characteristic, but I think it is better value to just straight up buy him then all this runaround with resources to hope to get him. WW cannot receive Fast from Collodi, so summoning 2x Wicked Dolls or more marionette's I suppose if you can't get the card for your Teddy.

yes its nice when build-a-bear works, and yes its alot of resources for it to do its thing. but on the other hand, the things that make it go off are also useful for other things. granted its usually a first/last turn thing for either the free teddy or strat/scheme scoring

Not the most competitive of lists, but I guess if you want to make a teddy list you could do something like this:

Declared Faction: Neverborn 
Crew Name:  50ss 
Leader: Collodi - Cache:(3)
   Doll Collection 1ss 
   On Wings of Darkness 1ss 
   Bag of Props 1ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Widow Weaver 8ss 
   Handbag 2ss 
Vasilisa 8ss 
   Strum the Threads 1ss 
Mr. Tannen 6ss 
Will O' The Wisp 3ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 

Personally I think that you should go zoraida or dreamer (not very good for dedicated teddy summoning either) if you want to summon teddies, as the resources investment here is huge, but I guess this could be fun to try in a non competitive game.

I was just watching a batrep of Collodi from GMG, the Collodi player made the error of handing out Fast from Collodi to all puppets in the bubble from Strum.

But what I was shocked to learn/watch was that Collodi can have more than one effigy buff?

Is that right?

12 minutes ago, Ceodoc said:

I was just watching a batrep of Collodi from GMG, the Collodi player made the error of handing out Fast from Collodi to all puppets in the bubble from Strum.

But what I was shocked to learn/watch was that Collodi can have more than one effigy buff?

Is that right?

Collodi can have all Effigy buffs at thesame time. They apply a condition on him and they work as long as they don't specifically get overwritten by other effects.

HOWEVER he can only pass around 1 buff and that is at the time he gets it. No saving up, getting in position and then distributing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ceodoc said:

Is that right?

your first statement is correct. collodi cannot hand out fast to all puppets in bubble as it is gained from an ability and not an action.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clement said:

Every Collodi master?  Aside from Collodi and I guess Leveticus, no master can get access to more than one Effigy.

Correct. There is no limit linked to the conditions itselfs. So if you can get multiple effigys by whatever means (multiplayer games/crossfaction hiring/copying of zero actions/Control of enemy models), you can stack as many as you wish.

14 hours ago, Clement said:

Every Collodi master?  Aside from Collodi and I guess Leveticus, no master can get access to more than one Effigy.

Just for completeness, Marcus could also have 2 effigy buffs on him, thanks to Alpha, assuming his opponent also hires an effigy. 

If Collodi successfully triggers on Pull the Strings an enemy to attack a Terrifying model and it qualifies (Living) for example, who makes the 'pass a horror flip'?

Where I am going: If Collodi, can he cheat the horror flip to get a fail, therefore making it Paralyzed?

/cackle

You will flip and can cheat to fail it.

However, if the terrifying model is from your opponents crew, I'm uncertain if it triggers the horror duel as I think it's still friendly to the rest of it's crew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Yeah, you need to get it to attack one of your own models if you want to paralyze it. Totally legit otherwise though.

It's the reason why models with Terrifying and Obey type effects (Ama no Zako) have that weird clause to make them friendly to the target during the action.

Which would be ok as you are never going to hurt your own model whilst purposefully getting Paralyzed, come to think of it you can add to that, proccing a def trigger if your model has one, very very naughty.

Ty for answers :)

2 hours ago, Ceodoc said:

Which would be ok as you are never going to hurt your own model whilst purposefully getting Paralyzed, come to think of it you can add to that, proccing a def trigger if your model has one, very very naughty.

Ty for answers :)

Look at wicked. Think wicked thoughts. Have fun. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceodoc said:

Didn't know where to post.

The Carver comes up as a choice in the Malifaux App, but I thought it was a special encounter model only?

Is he a legitimate model I could use at events?

The physical model is now a legal proxy for killjoy. As you say, the Carver with his henchmen status and so forth is only for story encounters involving him. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently picked up Collodi again after a fixed master tournament (somehow managed to come 2nd) so I'm thinking about adding to his crew.
So what are your opinions on Coryphee and Mannequins? I bought some Coryphee after the tournament, and wouldn't mind some Mannequins but I'd like to hear your thoughts beforehand.

I know they have been touched upon somewhere within this large thread, but with new models, new schemes, strats etc do these models find a place for you and why?

A single mannequin is really good. It'll make schemes that you wouldn't normally take, like setup, viable. 

Coryphee aren't my cup of tea, I find them too fragile, but they hit hard and their mask trigger means a model is gonna die. Plus they can be taxied by vasilisa (although I don't like that upgrade).

Also performers are a solid model that is worth hiring as a merc.

• Thanks 1

I'd say Colloddi could take reva on. You'd have to be careful as you can't rely on your df trigger to save you and you can't reduce through personal puppet. 

On the other hand you'll be walking around in a bubble so her advantage in being able to strike the entire table isn't worth that much. Also if he alphas you you should be able to take him down down top of turn two. Activate colloddi and have an illuminated hit her 4 times (3 if you need to walk up to her), then accomplice into the illuminated and she should die.

I'd go fated Colloddi. 

I'd bring a beckoner along as personal puppet and use her to pull colloddi out of danger.

Doppelganger to cheat initiative.

I'd also bring carrion effigy so you can eat any corpse marker.

Bring a beater or two that can take down his emissary and asura. Hinamatsu is good if you can proxy him.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

as you can't rely on your df trigger to save you and you can't reduce through personal puppet. 

in fact that's the problem with her!! you can't reduce dmg via armor, you can't stone, within 4" from her you can't be healed!!

Usually players who use reva in my meta, tend to run foward 2 mindless zombie and positioning well the crew in first turn, hardly used her for Alpha.