One note - Strum the Threads is Puppets only, not general minions, so you can't use it to abuse Illuminated or the like. Still, definitely a strong choice in the right list.

Lists I want to try out with him:

1) The Slow brigade: Collodi with a bunch of Marrionettes and Mannequins (who have a built-in trigger to slow on their attack), plus a couple Alps to amp up the effect of Slow. Best part is, all of those models are so cheap that you can have a bunch of them, and still have points left for a couple big hitters or utility models or objective runners.

2) Collodi and the Nephilim: I've been very disappointed by Nephilim in M2E, especially Young Nephilim who always seem to die before they can engage the enemy and really feel like a threat. Collodi can give them Armor and an Effigy healing buff, and can also potentially give them extra movement and extra actions. He can also bring a Black Blood Shaman to gain Black Blood himself - and the Shaman makes a great Personal Puppet, being able to use Black Blood Pustule when Collodi gets damaged. Add in someone like Mr. Graves to carry around Rapid Growth, and I'm hopeful the Nephilim can finally have a chance to shine again.

3) Collodi the Champ: I'm also interested in seeing a list where Collodi himself is the real threat. Especially with his Avatar form, he gets a very potent attack, which becomes really scary when he has lots of free Focus to steal from his companions. This list would probably be Collodi, enough Marrionettes/minions to keep him flush with Focus, Strum the Threads so he can take a lot of potent attacks, probably Brutal Effigy for personal buffing, and then a couple other models that can complement his mobility (Graves, Hooded Rider, Vasilisa).

I'd very much bring Hodgepodge in that third list. Dont give the crew his buff, just Collodi and stack up on SS as you cut through your opponents stuff.

You know, I had actually completely forgotten that Collodi can benefit from multiple Effigy buffs at once. I got so used to Fated only sharing one Effigy buff, and thus assuming that it is usually only worth bringing one Effigy to buff the crew.

But if you are going the Bag of Props + Avatar route, Collodi can definitely bring along several Effigies to really good effect. Brutal + Hodgepodge lets him gain some pretty serious card and/or SS advantage. Brutal + Lucky + Carrion is just an insane amount of raw healing, especially when benefitting from Focus and Defensive to have greater access to Rams. Arcane adds even more damage (or card advantage).

Now, the more you bring, the more time you need to spend pre-buffing. Though you already want to do a bit of that in order to get your Focus and Defensive conditions in place.

Still, I'd probably prioritize Brutal, Hodgepodge and Lucky. They've got some of the most useful attacks of the effigies, and only bringing 3 effigies means you can buff pretty quickly - two sets of chain activations lets you get your buffs in place and lets Collodi get right to it.

Carrion and Arcane are both ones where the opposing crew selection will very heavily influence my choice. If I think I need condition removal, Arcane becomes pretty important. Carrion I'd definitely take if I think I need it to remove immunities - or if I just wanted to eat up corpse counters. The healing can be nice, but I think I prefer the passive (and higher-potential) healing effect of the others. (Though the fun of Collodi is that these guys are cheap enough that including all 3 is plenty easy to do!)

Nicely done tactica!  I did my best to stay away from my favorite masters from 1/1.5, and was honestly feeling a bit disappointed in how Collodi and his themed crew turned out (especially Vasilisa's last minute change), but your article made me feel a little better.

As you mentioned, Props is better than it seems, as used correctly, you are saving your high cards for the important things and can usually summon back anything that dies around Collodi (except when it's mass damage from blasts).   The avatar upgrade in its current form will make this limited a lot better if it remains in its current form.  With Fated and Threads of Fate, I find Coryphee make good Personal Puppets despite the inherent risk with their high cost to low wounds ratio, as they have the high innate Ml attack and the ability to gain Use Soulstones to negate the 1 or 2 damage that gets past their armor (and you have a decent mechanic to keep the soulstones coming).

My biggest problem with the crew is still the blast damage potential (a lot of people in my meta are fond of Rasputina and Sonnia, and I know Wong is soon to be added to the list).  While Hodgepodge helps, most people focus anyway for the chance to cheat/flip moderate and severe damage to get the blast templates, which are devastating to this crew made up of low wound models.

I like the utility the effigies offer, but I have found the crew lacking in hitting power.  Losing access to the Coryphee Duet was a huge hit to a themed puppet crew, but no use crying over spilled milk, right?  More than the ridiculous movement in 1/1.5, which clearly needed to change, I miss the "death by a thousand cuts" output.  I know there's still some extra AP potential, but it doesn't feel like it has sufficient potential.

The crew works best out-activating the opponent and presenting a major threat that hopefully distracts them while a couple little things run around accomplishing VP conditions.  It can work well, but I've found quality opponents tend to avoid the bubble, do something to punish the clustering (Molly's summoning...), and pick off objective runners. 

I go by with what I take, or if enough people are asking for a thing I'll try that out

I simply havent used Weaver Widow enough to have a valid non-theory opinion on her yet. Im starting from a footing of not liking her because she doesnt seem to fit the teddy/doll factory roll I used to use her for as well. (I mean you can, but I dont think Wicked dolls are as great and neither is Teddy specifically in a Collodi crew) but I still want to try her out on her own merits and judge her fairly. She looks to be far more suited for the Dreamer, but I can't deny Webs and string pulling would be useful too. Anyway, need more table time.

I go by with what I take, or if enough people are asking for a thing I'll try that out

I simply havent used Weaver Widow enough to have a valid non-theory opinion on her yet. Im starting from a footing of not liking her because she doesnt seem to fit the teddy/doll factory roll I used to use her for as well. (I mean you can, but I dont think Wicked dolls are as great and neither is Teddy specifically in a Collodi crew) but I still want to try her out on her own merits and judge her fairly. She looks to be far more suited for the Dreamer, but I can't deny Webs and string pulling would be useful too. Anyway, need more table time.

Fair enough.

A few things to keep in mind is the Widow Weavers aura that increases constructs walk by +1, that work very well with the doll party (and especially with Vasilisa). Also her web markers work really nice with Collodi/Vasilisa/Stitched Together and his WP attacks. 

I have used her with the handbag upgrade but it had no impact in the game, so I am probably going to use her without it a few times. 

Eh, I dont think I could afford to take her AND vasilisa, nor does it really benefit my playstyle as I tend to bring enemy models to me. Not trying to knock the +1wk too hard, but its not a big selling point to me.

Wp on Stitched isnt going to be as great as it once was, since Gamble your Life is on Df now. Could be fun in a Nephilim King list making Barbaros's challenges tough as nails. But that starts getting into beyond Collodi territory. I mean, you can use Weaver, Kade and Teddy quite effectively, but it doesnt really matter WHICH nephilim crew youre in at that point.

In theory its going to be a showdown of seeing if The -1Wp markers can beat out her higher cost and lower attack (compared to Young Neph or Illuminated I might use in the same role)

got to say have used her only once and got off seize prey to paralyse the strongarm suit and give him +5 poison, then next turn laid into him with my needle filled mouth which ignores armour (something possibly lacking in a collodi crew that is not as good at a death of a thousand cuts as perhaps it used to be.) The webs where nice and want to try to optimise that some more, heck she even made me a free teddy which was dandy considering his points cost is higher then hers. 

I would say she has a place in a collodi crew as he is more likely to supply her with scrap counters from his dead dolls, especially if corpse counters are in short supply. She can also turn corpse counters into walking scrap counters (wicked dolls) denying resser players a resource and making it easier to get a teddy. 

Will have to run her some more, and without the handbag upgrade she still seems solid. 

She can also turn corpse counters into walking scrap counters (wicked dolls) denying resser players a resource and making it easier to get a teddy. 

Sadly she needs scrap markers for wicked dolls. The only thing she can use corps markers for is Teddy.

I have been quite happy with her so far, but would love to see how other players use her? With or without the handbag or other upgrades.

Any way, a very good Tactica and I am looking forward to reading anything else that is added. It is interesting reading how you see Collodi and his different playstyles.