• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This was a great read.  I first saw the tactica on the PMF wikia in August after acquiring my first model, Collodi, online for about a dollar.  Seems like they're (eBay, Amazon) practically trying to give away the 1st edition metal.  Fast-forward to today... where I'll say the following after seeing that Sorrows (Woellodi!) haven't been mentioned:

Sorrows are minions. As such, Breathe Life can give them a 5" incorporeal walk each turn. Threads of Fate > Wrapped in Wooden Claws | Fated > Follow My Lead, can give a pair or trio of Sorrows all armor +1 until end of turn.  Breathe Life > Stitched Back Up can keep Sorrows from dying.

Pull the Strings is resisted off WP and on triggers can tarpit a model surrounded by Sorrows. Use My Will and Personal Puppet to cause more WP duels. Performers and Mannequins LOVE WP duels. Coryphee gets + to WP duels; My Will gives them ++. Collodi and Wicked Dolls chain activate all day long... and Dolls' All Sewed Up heals Sorrows, or heals Coryphee to make their WP duels +++.

Other options/enhancements include (but they've been mentioned here by others): Iggy to cause more havoc in the Sorrow bubble... which is also a Collodi/Coryphee bubble, while something like Lazarus causes havoc outside the bubble. Lure models into the bubble? Last but not least, Widow Weaver's middle name is Penelope... she's basically the W.P. Weaver.

Feel free to take Primordial Magic (or Student of Conflict!) as you realize Marionnettes are for children and four of them cost almost as much as three Sorrows.

Edited by GOTH
(removed unnecessary line breaks and forgot to mention INSIDIOUS MADNESS!)

Puppet friends! We have a problem: this thread is 9 pages and no-one has mentioned the Bunraku. Why? They are at least on paper super awesome with Collodi. Why ponder whether to take a non-Puppet PP when you can have these guys Snatch whatever melee threat is trying to get Collodi? Yeah,not so much dmg but still.

• Like 1

I've run Bunraku a few times with Colllodi and my general idea is that I usually wish they were Coryphee instead. However, in Turf War or Extraction they can be absolutely brutal if activated late in the turn as they are fantastic at pulling models out of reach. Very good to disrupt Inspection as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i like this list. it's enough quick, has different kind of damage and 9 activation and a lot of control. 

Collodi -- 3ss
 +Breathe Life - 1ss
 +Fated - 1ss
 +Strum The Threads - 1ss

Marionette x 3 - 9ss

Arcane Effigy - 4ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Teddy - 11ss

Vasilisa - 9ss
 +A Friend To Talk To - 2ss

Widow Weaver - 8ss

What do u think? 

This looks like a Bag of Props list, not a Fated. The only models that Collodi can buff/Vasilisa can tow about are the Effigies and Marionettes, which are far from powerhouses. If you want to use Fated, Vasilisa and A Friend to Talk To, I'd recommend getting a Coryphee or two in there.

If you switched to Bag, your marionettes would then be focusing often and Collodi would use his triggers to dismantle the opponents crew.

Teddy is teddy.

Widow weaver is nice, her web markers make both Collodi and Teddy scarier, plus you can get some mileage out of the extra walk for constructs. I assume she'll hide behind Teddy to live.

On 3/6/2016 at 3:48 PM, Tayne said:

This looks like a Bag of Props list, not a Fated. The only models that Collodi can buff/Vasilisa can tow about are the Effigies and Marionettes, which are far from powerhouses. If you want to use Fated, Vasilisa and A Friend to Talk To, I'd recommend getting a Coryphee or two in there.

If you switched to Bag, your marionettes would then be focusing often and Collodi would use his triggers to dismantle the opponents crew.

I think Collodi doesn't need a focus cuz he has + on dmg, and doesn't suffer "-" for attack flip for cover. Marionettes and effigies can make dmg with burning or get heal. Vasillisa is a good tank for Collodi and she need heal.

i tried to use a Lazarus but his shooting is terrible on a board with enough terrain.

Also i think alps should be a good choice, for spamig with Collodi triger. 

I think you should drop two Marionettes, Weaver, and slap in a Stitched and two more effigies. Hodgepodge and Carrion would be my suggestion for their other abilities (cover and immunity denial). If you want more marionettes consider summoning them.

While losing the webs hurts a little, you get a much better damage spread (if you use radiance like it sounds, effectively a 4/5/8) and someone for Vasilisa to speed around. You also keep your activation count.

If you love marionettes, then upgrade just one and turn the WW into a Coryphee/Doppleganger. This mostly frees Vasilisa up to do other stuff since she doesn't have to skate a bag around.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. I am new to m2e. I want to collect and paint my collidi crew before i start playing and i read the rules and forums as well to chech what models to gathet. Dont misunderstand me. I want to play competitive but i also want to collect and paint them.

I will tell you what i have so you can tell me if i need anything else. 

Collodi

Vasilissa

4x marionettes 

4x wicked dolls

All 7 effigies

Widow weaver

Lazarus

2 x mannequin 

2x coryphee

2x performers

I am about to buy and paint teddy and stitched together when available.

I will also buy bunraku wheeeeeen available.  

Are these ok to play the puppet master at his full potential? 

19 hours ago, Dimitri said:

Hi guys. I am new to m2e. I want to collect and paint my collidi crew before i start playing and i read the rules and forums as well to chech what models to gathet. Dont misunderstand me. I want to play competitive but i also want to collect and paint them.

Are these ok to play the puppet master at his full potential? 

Welcome. 

That list of models should allow you to play Collodi in many different ways, and compete in all the games. But there are times when other models may just fit the strats and schemes better, or your play style better. They may not, it does depend on how you play. 

I would advice you to play with what you have, and try it all out to find what you can get to work, and fits your play style, rather than get every single thing he can have, its normally a lot better to play with the models you know best, rather than use the models which are best but you don't know. 

But if you are looking for new purchases, then Friekorps trappers seem to pop up in several of his lists, and I've seen some people play without Marionettes and with the Primordial magic. I could probably come up with a good reason to buy all the models he could hire, but its not required to play him well. 

Other good models for neverborn in general include Silurids, Illuminated, Waldgiests, terror tots, Gupps, but you can cover their role in the game with things you already have. 

Also remember that a model can only be targeted with Obey once if its an attack action, and you are spending multiple cards to basically do the same thing you could do if you just copied the ability you are obeying them for directly anyway. Though I could see where it could come in handy.

• 3 weeks later...