59 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

So how do you use envy? Give focus to a trapper. Then have the trapper shoot with my will? Then go around shooting stuff with envy?

@Sybarite even better....Envy uses his zero and has Collodi take the Focus action (which is why this works) and than that hands out Focus to more or less the entire crew (including the trapper). So it's like giving Collodi one more free AP cause it frees him from focusing on his own turn. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

Yeah but they could do that without envy. do you double focus?

Correct, one possible order of operations is:

• Envy activates Envy tells Collodi to Focus, handing out Focus to (almost everyone), and does whatever else he needs/wants
  • Arcane Effigy goes and gives radiance to Collodi who in turn gives it out to just about everyone (can than accomplice if want to Collodi)
  • Collodi activates and gains fast and My Wills 3-4 models (changelings, trapper, whatever) or moves and attacks. whatever is necessary
  • Changelings activate and focuses (if necessary for range) and than takes a shot again (than reposition with their zero if necessary)
  • Doppleganger focuses, takes her zero (hopefully with a tome in hand), gets free focus shot and then does something else with her other 1AP
  • Trapper activates and focuses (if necessary for range) and than takes a shot again

All of this is done with radiance causing card drain or burning on your opponent when hitting from 24" away. Positioning matters, so there may be some changes to get shots lined up but this is the general idea.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2017 at 3:21 PM, Sybarite said:

Heh, nah. I'm not planning a Neverborn gunline, honest. I'm generally more of an up close and personal player, and I haven't painted Envy. Nice to know of though :)

Yeah, this very much goes in that "Write this down - it might be useful someday, and it's just cool" file. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, catbat07 said:

Does anyone else find that they take more models in a bag of props list? I always find that those lists focus more on taking lots of effigies.

I used to and got all excited by the various buffs I could put out. Later on I whittled it down to either just the Brutal or the Brutal and Arcane Effigies (if I wanted condition removal).

• 3 weeks later...

Tried out Collodi for the first time today. Fun and definitely challenging to wrap my head around placement and activation order.

One thing I really noticed was the nasty power of My Will with a Stitched. That combo alone easily dealt out 70+% of the damage I put out across 3 games. Once something was in range of the Stitched (helped out by the Beckoner), it was basically dead from up to 4 Gambles with a + twist. I wasn't somehow playing that wrong was I?

@ObliterationPopsicle

Nope, nothing wrong there. Collodi is one of the stronger masters in the game. The thing thqt balances the stitched is that if you don't have a high card in hand and your opponent beats your flip you do that high damage to yourself so they are risky to use and have diminishing returns from taking more of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Since no store seems to have a dreamer crew + extra's such as Widow Weaver, ..., I've decided to look at my second-liked master in Neverborn: Collodi.

Models I have right now:

• Stitched Together
  • Beckoners
  • Jakob Lynch box
  • Brutal Effigy

What would you say I need to get more for a decend working crew at 50SS?

I have noted the following

• Collodi box (obviously)
  • Arcane Effigy
  • Coryphee

Anything else?

Perhaps a Bunraku? Not sure when you would take a Bunraku over Coryphee though

Either a brutal or lucky effigy to counter the damage from strum.

I find the mysterious emissary to be amazing with collodi and bring it almost every time I field him.

I personally prefer illuminated to coryphee unless I also field mannequin and/or performer. (I feel like I'm only using half a card othervise). That said mannequin is an awesome addition to collodi.

The bunraku is a great personal puppet and a solid counter to a lot of scheme runners. Being able to take 1 damage to snatch whatever is hitting collodi away is really nice and if you have to sacrifice it to avoid damage it can send pp on and sacrificing 6ss doesn't hurt too bad.

Another solid model is the doppelganger, but that goes for every neverborn master.