What happens with Wong/Burt/Gracie models

docbungle

Wasnt sure the best place to put this, but will ask anyway :)

As Burt, Wong and Gracie came out as plastics anyway what will happen with their current models?

Will Wong get a crew box as you would expect with a master OR will he get a seperate booster box including totem etc?

As I already own him and Burt not sure I like the idea of ending up with idenitical duplicates if I want what is in a crew box :S

Anyone know or have an idea of what Wyrd will do?

Cheers

I'd get the Wong now, don't know the timescale but Gremlins didn't do too well on the Wave 1 release schedule and I'd hate to wait. If it's not a new sculpt when the box comes out I'll be using the spare Wong to convert to Avatar Wong. Doesn't help with Burt or Gracie but we don't know if they'll be in Wongs box or not. (Although maybe you could do an Old Major conversion from your spare Gracie?)

Hopefully they release the Glowin Varmits/Lovelty Assistant all in a box. If there's not a new sculpt, it would be annoying to buy them again, particularly since they are great as is. They are solo sprues, so they could just package them all together. But it they're going to be resculpting plastics so soon, I'd nominate the Hungering Darkness :P

Just based on the releases so far, I'm guessing they're going to do a Wong crew box only and then you'll just have to deal with the extra model(s).  Almost guaranteed if you have Wong now you're not going to be able to simply buy his totem or a new henchman, similar to Lilith and Pandora's releases.  So if you don't have him yet, I'd honestly wait for the box unless you don't mind the extra fig.  Granted as some have said, you might be waiting a bit.

The only thing I'd be curious about is whether Burt or Gracie would be included in a crew box with him.  At this point I'm not expecting that to happen.  While they obviously fit the BTiLC theme, there were enough new Wong specific or themed models in Wave 2 that I could see them keeping Burt and Gracie as separate boxes.

• Like 1

The only thing I'd be curious about is whether Burt or Gracie would be included in a crew box with him.  At this point I'm not expecting that to happen.  While they obviously fit the BTiLC theme, there were enough new Wong specific or themed models in Wave 2 that I could see them keeping Burt and Gracie as separate boxes.

Yeah, it's a real toss-up.  However I don't see his crew box just being Wong, 3-4x Lightning Bugs, and the Lovely Assistant.  So I think the question becomes will the box include Burt, Gracie, or both?  I feel it could really be any of those 3, though my guess is that it will be either both of them or just Burt.  Gracie doesn't really "work" that well with the crew without Burt.

I'd get the Wong now, don't know the timescale but Gremlins didn't do too well on the Wave 1 release schedule and I'd hate to wait. If it's not a new sculpt when the box comes out I'll be using the spare Wong to convert to Avatar Wong. Doesn't help with Burt or Gracie but we don't know if they'll be in Wongs box or not. (Although maybe you could do an Old Major conversion from your spare Gracie?)

I'm going to play wong as soon as we see models and I can figure out how to use him well. I picked up the original model today. Its $11 or so, and looks awesome. 

The best move would be a wong box with 2 sprues - The current wong sprue, and a new sprue with minions, totem etc. However, I can see them sculpting a new wong and making it a 1 sprue box. Which would leave us with a spare wong model. For me, this is no great trouble, he'll be painted so that saves me time when the models are out, and the spare wong model can easily be converted to the avatar, as in the quote above. 

Being in the UK, I would rather not see a "Wong upgrade pack" offering just the minions and totems. Shipping from wyrd would never be worth it. I'd rather see a bits pack with all sorts of magic weapons and kit for upgrading normal gremlins into stage performing magicians. 

• Like 1