Gracie- Final rules

Ikvar

I must say that I am immensley disappointed with Gracie, she was my favorit 1.5 model, but it seems like the guys at Wyrd did not want to listen to all the people complaining about her... I simply wont take her for the cost of 10SS, I mean for crying out loud she even has a trigger where she ends her own activation. But as I have said so many times, I know she is not bad per say... but she is just sooo "meeh" for 10SS :/

- I am a very sad panda :/

I must say that I am immensley disappointed with Gracie, she was my favorit 1.5 model, but it seems like the guys at Wyrd did not want to listen to all the people complaining about her... I simply wont take her for the cost of 10SS, I mean for crying out loud she even has a trigger where she ends her own activation. But as I have said so many times, I know she is not bad per say... but she is just sooo "meeh" for 10SS :/

- I am a very sad panda :/

She's a bit bland but I like her.  I think the Lay Down and Nap penalty is a bit over-hyped.  At worst you're losing 1 AP, and she can give herself Reactivate to mitigate that.  Most of the time I see myself using Take a Bite more often than not anyway.  The ability to just slowly wear down models while tying them up in engagement seems really attractive for things like Turf War and Reconnoiter, etc.

Personally I like that they added her to the restrictions on Saddle.  11ss is highly expensive, but you can now ride around on your own personal tank.  I like that :)

• Like 1

I like to think the changes to Burt are what made Gracie more desirable.

But truth be told it was probably the addition of the saddle that really made her make sense to me.

Darguth put it nicely, why wouldn't a Burt or Som'er ride Gracie into battle?

She may be slow, she may be old, but dern it, she's still got it!

Her reactivate makes her really great for activation/AP.

Her damage profile is nothing to sneeze at.

But it is her survivability that impresses me most.

Gremlins are usually easily replaced or do something incredible before they vanish (like Franc).

But Gracie is a truck that just keeps on keeping on.

Gracie carring Lenny around is pretty scary. Armor 3 and a 4/6/8 damage track on a Reactivating model? Have Wong make her a Magic pig, and watch the enemy crew evaporate wherever she hits it.

Puts a huge bulls-eye on Lenny, but with the 10 Wd, HtW, self-healing, other Gremlin-based healing, and being able to hide behind Gracie easily because he's 40mm to her 50mm and Saddle is a place effect, he should be relatively well protected.

• 1 month later...

I used Gracie for the first time recently against a Brewmaster crew and she was by far the best model in the crew. She killed 3 Moonshinobi, Apprentice Wesley as well as the Brewmaster himself in the final turn of the game (was reckoning).

Yes, she's expensive. I'm using Ulix as my master and between, "shot in the rear" Gracie's activation and her reactivate you potentially have 6 AP for her in a turn. The "lie down and nap' tigger is less than ideal but you have to have manage that and like Darguth said, you're losing one AP anyway so its not a huge issue. Oppoenets will have to deal with her.

Ikvar, I'm not sure what build you're running but I've found Old Major to be a very solid investment. Old Major's (1) Nudge em on can give Gracie that ram so she has it built in when you do get her stuck in. Old Major is another pricey investment but if you're running an all pig crew then he's worth every SS IMO.

Cheers,

Pip.