Leveticus, final version.

Adanedhel

Definitley Necropunks. They are the hardest to kill (pun gun!), they can become scrapmarkers, and they can get out of melee with leap.

I have been runnin two of them with great success plenty of times.

Crooligans, are a stone cheaper and could earn a spot when your are short on stones.

I would never hire the arachnids, they just don't do enough. Get a mechanical rider and summon a couple instead!

Leveticus

-To the Earth Return

Hollow Waif x2

Abomination x3

Lazarus

Rusty Alyce

-Desolate Soul

Vanessa

-Oathkeeper (or maybe in Lazarus)

7ss

What do you think? I like the crew for killing purposes or control a zone...just not place scheme markers !!

It's not bad. I've run a similar crew several times. Lazarus and the abominations can lead to lots of cards in your hand each turn, which is always nice. You are right about the lack of speed for schemes though. These days, I always try to take at least one Necropunk in my Leveticus crews.

So, here is a 40ss list that I have had a fair bit of success with.

Leve - 6ss cache

- P o Iron

-To the earth return

-From Ash

Alyce

-Desolate Soul

-from the Aether

2 Waifs

2 Aboms

one 4ss minion of choice. I like to take watchers, but whatever you like really.

Large Arachnid

So the aboms will draw cards first, then the arachnid chops them up. you can easily get the 4 aboms between Alyce and Leve. Use some stones as your hand/deck will be thinned out a bit at the end. If you want you can use Vile Reclamation again 4 times on the aboms, but i normally walk them up. 2nd turn you can get a DE in their face if they have moved up enough. Alyce just shoots stuff and summons more aboms when the chance arrives, and Leve can start blasting from turn 2 or 3 and help the DE out. I usually will charge the Lrg Spider into a Abom turn to and chop it up, so there will be five of them after summons. 

I play Leveticus yesterday and today with basically the same crews.

I dont pick the "way" of playing well but i want to keep triying. Necropunks are great and they combo really well with Rusty ability to reactivate constructs. In the past Leve was like a ranged caster assasin but today her damage is lower so i dont know how to play with him. I like Rusty Alice too, great damage and 6 move is nice.

Levi is still 100% a ranged assassin. 

While requiring upgrades that then require non "baked-in" suits, i.e. requires Stones most of the time, he can effectively kill any model in the game with one single activation.  Most models in 2 AP.

He has a zero action that allows him to get into position.

He has an ability which allows him to gain a positive flip to *all* duels for an action, effectively removing cover benefits and needing only to be winning a duel by 1 (note, with a starting 7 stat) in order to Cheat a card for the damage flip.  To tack on to that, his base attack ignores the most common defensive abilities in the game (armor, HtW, HtK).  He can even Trigger a "no prevention" clause, though his damage spread does become less than impressive at that point.

So my contention is that Leveticus is still the one man apocalypse....  its all his moving parts that changed in this edition.

Here are some basic ideas when I play Leveticus.

- Levi activates early to mid-turn.  Some Levi players like to sit on Levi until the end so you can really assure his safe return.  But I find if you wait more than a little the opponent will attack him and either burn your hand in defense or you lose your ability to channel, which makes Levi significantly less effective.  He needs 5+ remaining Wds when he activates.  When he activates he targets an enemy minion that has not activated.  I doesn't have to be their best model, or a model that is key to their game plan.  Anything he can reach and kill in his activation.  And then he kills it and makes it an abomination. 

- Abominations' jobs are in the following order.  1.) tie up the enemy and therefore making use of their Anomaly ability.  2.) draw cards 3.) anything else.

- Rusty is an amazing support piece.  Not as a buffer, but using her AP to do whatever is needed.  She can summon a bit as a (0) action.  She can cause damage with Rapid Fire and her min. 3 damage spread.  She can move and accomplish VP conditions.  She can re-activate key models.  She protects Waifs with her Snares ability. 

- A&D is actually a VP runner clothed in a beatstick's statline.  While he most certainly can attack and cause damage and potential make Abominations, I find his Swift ability and unkillable nature as a perfect objective runner.  He beats everyone else's objective runner and even if he gets ganged up on, he'll almost always come back.

And yes, Rusty is very, very good in any crew, let alone Levi's.  She is my favorite model in the game.

Thanks for the advices Drool Bucket, great post :)

I played a few games with Leveticus this week. I like necropunks since they are great scheme runners, fine in the Lev´s sthetyc and have a great combo with Rusty reactivate construct since they can heal after being at 1wd.

Lazarus seems pretty, can assimilate "Vile Reclamation" of a near abomination and target that abomination to gain cards. I also use Leveticus (0) rebirth to sacrifice a abomintion and have enough cards to trigger  "Face of the Death" in "Death Touch". As you say Drool abominations are for Leve repositioning/more cards and disturb the enemy if the reach the combat.

Since I pick make them suffer scheme i try Taelor with Oathkeeper, i like her...going from charge to charge but 11 ss cost...maybe we can have a better henchman (im thinking in Joss, Ama no Zako and Sybelle if you put at least one Belle)

I was listening to Cheated Fates as they were discussing Leveticus and the opinion was that he wants to run constructs over undead. Having looked through his crew it seems that Leveticus only wants scrap tokens to make abominations and that you could just give Rusty Alyce the upgrade From the Aether to make the scrap tokens. So there is no need to take Pariah of Iron over Pariah of Bone. This seems like a preferable route as I have amassed a substantial number of Resurrectionist zombies. If I am going to stick with Leveticus drawing from the Resurrectionist and Outcast factions is there any combinations that I am missing out on that are worth considering?

Also is four Abominations enough for a Leveticus crew, or should I be making more to wait in the wings for a summon if not field in the starting line up?

That guy that Joe and Adam had on Cheated Fates is an idiot...  saying the Constructs are better than Undead!

No, you are correct, Rusty can generate some scrap for Levi to work with if that's the route you want to go.  My comment was that Constructs, when they die, generate Scrap and that's what Levi and his crew use now, both Levi w/ an upgrade, Rusty with hers and A%D with it's.  I followed up by saying that some of the nice Resser Undead models that work well with Levi, Flesh Constucts (for their 6ss value and overall hard to get rid of) and Necropunks (for their objective running and self-heal after Rusty Re-Activates them) are both Undead and Constructs.  Toss in the University of Transmortis stuff and there are lots of Resser Undead/Constructs but not too many Construct/Undead from other Factions....

but I digress.   If you use a lot of Undead models with Levi you aren't hurting yourself by any means.  Rotten Belles are tremendous in almost all situations, The Hanged are just silly in the right situations and then you have heavy hitters like Bete Noir that can really be useful, especially when your Abominations are dying every turn and Bete just keeps coming back!

I guess my own dislike of Undead comes from the Beta(s) and before when you made great use of Canine Remains to dig up extra corpses (because Levi and Rusty used to be able to use Corpses) not to mention Mortimer and others.  I've just locked in with Constructs like Teddy, Ryle, Joss and the two Riders as amazing options for the (Terrible) Old Man.

I find that four abominations will serve you well in most games, but it's close.  I usually end up with three or four at any one time so that fifth can certain rear it's ugly head, in which you'll want the model for it.  But I only have six painted up and have never said, since the Final Rules Leveticus, "oh, I don't have another Abomination..."  I'm sure it will happen some day, just not yet.  But mind you, I am not a heavy Abomination player in the sense of starting with them.  And when I have them, they die because I chuck them at the opponent with reckless abandonment!

That guy that Joe and Adam had on Cheated Fates is an idiot... saying the Constructs are better than Undead.

/quote]

So your playstyle/thoughts are the only correct way and anyone that days other wise is an idiot? I think not. You are argue that Nevropunks an Flesh Constructs are great undead models! They are still constructs, you are listing models that support his argument. Same with UoTM.

Please, someone is not an idiot for a different point of view!!!

On phone - spelling is retarded

The podcast is great! Thanks for doing it.

Lately, I've definitely been running Leveticus with Hodgepodge every time. Gaining more Soulstones during play is really handy.

I actually have been lately mostly choosing Path of Bone and hiring undead. Crooligans are great objective runners. Necropunks are too, but in a slightly different way and you can take them either way. Belles are always handy, but I especially love Bete Noire. She's amazing for Deliver a Message, great at killing enemy models, and just generally very strong.

I'm still learning how to use Abominations well. I'll have to try out all the ideas from the podcast. Gumming up enemy models is great, and I had neglected the card-drawing uses and will have to pay more attention to them.

It's exciting to know that I still have so much to learn about how to play Leveticus! :)

I love running an Outcast Levi list.

There is so much synergy in house that I am hard pressed to go outside

Levi, Rusty, Lazarus, Ashes and Dust, maybe a Desolation Engine, and then I fill in where I need it.

(0) action pushes/card draw with Ashes is great, giving Fast to Lazarus through the Core though is just good clean fun

what are peoples thoughts on the desolation engine? Is it worth taking? I have used it a couple of times so far and it does pretty well with Alyce reactivating it since it can heal back but is it work the ss these days?

I tend not to hire one from the start but I'll certainly summon one as soon as I can. It has Desolate Warping and a self healing ability. They are really suited to suicide running interference against people and make a decent target for shooting with Unmaking, if you accidentally hit them you can Blessings of the Unmade get a poke out of them. If you kill them, no big deal. 

I love taking Lazarus with Levi just now. You can ping him with Vile Reclamation from your Abominations and (0) to heal the damage and burn him out if you really need to.