Leveticus, final version.

Adanedhel

Strangly, Dust Storm is now valued at 6 SS but Ashen Core is not...  So Waifs can use DS but not Core... not the "half" of A&D I would have picked as a qualifier, but still works....

Desolate going up to 2ss was a must. 

But Rusty gaining Tomes of the Seeker is huge!  I makes Desolate Soul very tempting on her.  Matter of fact, I am not sure how much my opponents will enjoy a double, at range, tap of Desolate Soul.  But the rate which the Crew will now go through Stones is scary....

I think Rusty is now one of my two favorite models in the game.  Hannah and Rusty... wow.  So good.

Given what we went through to get here I don't think it is that bad.

Unnatural Wasting is a lot of faff for limited benefit. It would have been simpler to just have the half damage on the rams trigger without needing the half damage. Given that Levi is likely to have a positive flip on most damage flips anyway it won't be that unusual to have at least a straight flip once defence is considered for a good change of naturally getting a 6+ and the option to cheat when required. In most cases you are only gaining a point or two of damage if that, and plenty of targets are worse off facing a normal Unmaking than Unnatural Wasting. It is cheap, but also niche and still only really an option if you aren't planning to take a Pariah upgrade.

Other than that there is nothing that stands out as odd.

How does Blessings of the Unmade work? It's attached to a shooting action, and provides a melee action if the trigger is succesful. However, Leve cannot shoot out from melee, so that trigger seems unusable in the first place, from a practical standpoint. What gives? :P Can somebody explain this to me?

~Lil Kalki

I'm excited to play Levi, which is saying a lot.

Beta testing him for a year has taken its toll on my local group.

But he looks in a solid place where I can have fun with his core group.

His ability to directly summon has been curtailed.

But summoning off of death seems much more interesting from a fluff perspective anyway.

I appreciate his abilities again and find it about as streamlined as any other master while still providing the shenanigans I love.

(e.g. The fifth turn waif in enemy deployment/sac A&D to pop Levi for Entourage)

• 2 weeks later...

What do people consider as Leve's core crew, and what Lists do you usually use?

In terms of the more expensive models I've been running with some combination of AnD, Rusty, Lazarus, and Joss. For Stake a Claim, I might consider bringing Bishop. Have anyone been starting with the DE?

With the cheaper model I have tried The Drowned and Necropunks. The Drowned can really take a beating, and can be hang around the Waifs in order for Leve to pop out. Necropunks are my no.1 scheme runners, I don't know if there is any better option then them.

I see that might be interesting to hire Vanessa in Leve Crew, "Intiuition" may help a lot and "Command Construct" is nice with the classic miniatures from the crew (....Desolation Enginge, Ashes&Dust,Lazarus). She can give a decent range support too.

Thanks to the upgrades we can use undead and construct models so there are a bunch of henchman avaible for us.

I play several games starting with a DE, but i dont have a judgment about that yet.

The thing that bother me is that Ashes&Dust seems a must incluide...and i don´t want that (or not until the release of a fine miniature)

What do you thing about upgrades?

I see that "From Ash" is too expensive, i won´t pay 2ss for summon just 4ss models needing also a scrap marker and a 9crow

"To the earth return" is nice, since leve has a good casting and you will just need a ram for the trigger, 1ss and i cand do more dagame on certain models....fine

"Pariah of Bone/Iron" are really usefull for just 1ss we can hire troops like mercenaries but just 1ss and we can pick a group of models, so if you are interest in hire at least 2 o 3 undeads/constructs out of outcast faction you take that. I just must know what are the better to hire, since i just pick Belles,Hangeds and Necropunks.

I see "From the Aether" like a improved version of From Ash, since Aetheric Creation will be great when the Abominations began to die.

Finally, "Desolate Soul"... combined with "To the Earth Return"...yep, the new way of summoning and you dont have to worry about the enemy stealing that counters or some masters that eliminate them.

• 2 weeks later...

I faced Luke Cocksledge's Leveticus crew with the Mechnical Rider and Howard Langston recently.  Taking Howard in Levi's crew allows you to put "Scramble" on him, giving him an unimpeded walk of 6 to use with his nimble, which is pretty excellent/unpleasant!

The same crew featured a soulstone miner, which is a 6SS minion that can appear anywhere at the end of a turn.  That's basically an extra life for Levi, as you can put a Waif anywhere you like on the board, then pop the miner up next to her a the close of a turn, followed by Levi.

Hope I'm not giving away too many of Luke's tricks! ;)

EDIT:  I also think putting the general outcast upgrade that give you a card for killing a model (forget the name right now) on Rusty is a good idea, as she's quite likely to take a model off each turn, and I find Leveticus to be a bit card-hungry. (At least in my fumbling hands).

A bit curious about the wording on Levi's Channel ability.

What does "exactly" two damage mean?

If I take Survivalist on Levi he now has Hard to Kill.

I abuse Levi's Chanenling at two wounds, he suffers the two wounds, which is then prevented by Hard to Kill.

He has technically suffered the two damage, but not the wounds.

Does Channel still go off in this instance?

A bit curious about the wording on Levi's Channel ability.

What does "exactly" two damage mean?

If I take Survivalist on Levi he now has Hard to Kill.

I abuse Levi's Chanenling at two wounds, he suffers the two wounds, which is then prevented by Hard to Kill.

He has technically suffered the two damage, but not the wounds.

Does Channel still go off in this instance?

I reckon that the Channel goes through. I think the "exactly" were put there to hinder any confusion about that the ability can only be used once per action. That hinders any interpretation that suggests that Leve could take, for instance, four damage for an additional flip.

The same crew featured a soulstone miner, which is a 6SS minion that can appear anywhere at the end of a turn.  That's basically an extra life for Levi, as you can put a Waif anywhere you like on the board, then pop the miner up next to her a the close of a turn, followed by Levi.

So did he leave the Miner buried until he needed the re-summon? Seems like an interesting thing. 

So did he leave the Miner buried until he needed the re-summon? Seems like an interesting thing.

Yep. You can hold it back until a later turn without sacraficing much, and then you have either a get out of jail free card or an option to reposition well away from wherever the rest of your crew is, for those final turn VP. Smart work on Luke's behalf.