Baby Kade an Accomplice

Falconrider

Baby Kade hasn't made a lot of appearances in my lists and from what i have read on the forums many others feel the same way about him.  Apart from his Df of 7 he's squishy and for the cost there are better options.  He works best when combined with Teddy but still doesn't usually see use even when Teddy's included.  

If Accomplice was added as an ability would it solve the perceived underpowered feelings about the model or i am trying to fix something that isn't broken?

Some uses come to mind the most obvious being able to activate Teddy after a where's Teddy.    

My Baby Kade, in a 35ss game, almost took out Lady J in TWO TURNS. Some better flips, and I would have worn her head as a hat.

His Ml of 7 and Df of 7 make him VERY nasty in melee on his own (he is an Enforcer, for the love of toast!), and I know there would be other nasty upgrades or synergies to make more of him than I did. I'm still getting used to playing the game, and I have all the tactical and strategic sense that God gave a common garden slug... So when I can suss out a good synergy of tricks for him, he'll definitely be my go-to-guy for melee in Pandora's crew, I think. 

At 35ss, I didn't have enough to bring my buddy Tedford. I wanted to bring more Sorrows, though I realized way too late that they are REALLY slow... :( Now I can't wait to start playing 50ss and having an 8-ft walking teddy bear with breathtaking anger management issues!!  :D

• Like 1

to OP: kade isn't underpowered - he's fine where he is, but you have to get used to how he works.  He really, really, can't take a hit, so has to make sure of a kill before he goes in.  depression upgrade on him goes a long way with this, automatically turning sweetbreads on.

kade should never be wandering around on his own either - he's a team player.

• Like 1

sorrows? slow?!?  check out their (1) Misery Loves Company action!

Yeah, I was REALLY surprised at how fast they can be.  If they are your first model to activate your turn... sure.... wk 3 is slow......

but if you move a model up to 8" away...... and then can chain to another...... those guys COOK!  Was nicely surprised.

Also, I will need to add the depression upgrade to him next time.  That looks pretty sweet!

Enforcer means can Take an upgrade.

He is a Woe. He Loves the upgrade Depression.

First glance depression does not seem ok. Then you read the (0) Action.

discard a low crow card.

So now you have a Df 7, Ml 7,  CG 8 Model with a damage track of 3/4/6 and slow

Now if the model is engaged you have a Track of 5/6/8 and slow. For 8 soul stones.

Kade does work, is he fragile can be sure. but he is just a baby so come on now.

yep super not good the worst will never kill nor accomplish anything. /end sarcasm.

I've used him a few times with Teddy and depression, great pair of melee threats that I use to distract the other crew while Pandora gets set up.

Sling shooting into and pushing teddy into position for a charge then following up next turn finishing off an engaged model with +4 dmg (engaged and depression) which frees up teddy to rampage again

I love Kade and teddy together even in 35 ss games

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I was REALLY surprised at how fast they can be.  If they are your first model to activate your turn... sure.... wk 3 is slow......

but if you move a model up to 8" away...... and then can chain to another...... those guys COOK!  Was nicely surprised.

Also, I will need to add the depression upgrade to him next time.  That looks pretty sweet!

But I thought "Misery Loves Company" is specifically to move the Sorrow into an ENEMY model  up to 8" away... I don't particulary want to get them into Ml combat range, do I? Even with Incorporeal, they will go down like a sack of potatoes pretty quickly.

I don't have the RB handy, so I don't know the exact wording of "Misery Loves Company".

It can be any model. And honestly, moving them into the enemy is okay too. They might not be planning on having to deal with the sorrow, and a lot of models can't just kill them out of hand anyway. And while the sorrow is there it's locking down at least one enemy model, possibly several, being in the way, preventing interact actions, spreading it's misery aura over the enemy and generally just being a pain. It might get it killed, but if I can force my opponent to invest a decent amount of resources into killing the sorrow instead of doing something that will help him score VP and win the game then that's often worth the trade all in itself. Let alone any damage or other annoyance the sorrow spreads. If the sorrow being in melee is somehow going to help you win, but the downside being that it will die this turn, then stick it in melee. It doesn't matter if it lives or dies, all that matters are the VP.