thinking on getting into resurrectionis, some advice?

grave13

so I have already picked out my girlfriend starter crew , she likes Seamus so that's what she will run with , but I also like to try out some resorts myself, but I honestly don't know what would be a good matchup in going against Seamus. I'm new to the game myself and so out of Nicco, and McMourning who would be a better choice? who hits harder? is it easy to summon zombies?

Keep in mind that on the 10th, you will have 3 more resser masters to choose from, so keep that in mind. These would be Kirai, Molly, and Yan Lo (dual faction 10 thunders). Also remember the Tara from Outcasts is resser as well (I always forget). Yan Los models are even already plastic, so we are just waiting on the cards.

for a third box set on my tax return shopping spree, I'm going to pick Mcmourning 2.0. I'm hearing good things about his poison ability and I always did like doing poison damage in games, how well is the flesh golem? is there anything that just does wonders for his crew, I don't know much about him besides the fact he sounds fun to play.

for a third box set on my tax return shopping spree, I'm going to pick Mcmourning 2.0. I'm hearing good things about his poison ability and I always did like doing poison damage in games, how well is the flesh golem? is there anything that just does wonders for his crew, I don't know much about him besides the fact he sounds fun to play.

McMourning is quite fun to play, and Flesh Constructs work pretty well with him.  They're basically just stupid walls of meat, but when you need a stupid wall of meat, they're pretty good at it.  They're tarpits with decent damage output, good targets for McMourning's Injection, and they're especially great if you summon them for free via McMourning's Moonlightning upgrade. 

As far as what works well with McMourning, just about anything with an Infect trigger will do well, and Sebastian is really pretty great if you intend on fooling around with poison at all.  Other people have had pretty good success with Rafkin (wave 2), but he's just never clicked for me.  Nurses are good support pieces, too.  I'm sort of warming up to Crooked Men in his crew, but I absolutely understand if some people don't care for them. 

• Like 1

As much or more than the other rezzer masters, Nico will benefit from a wide range of models to choose from.  This is because he is a combination support and summoning master, so he doesnt' generally do much work himself, but makes everybody else in the crew do their work much better.  When I play Nico, I tend to take a fairly varied crew, and only rarely focus on a single minion type, and then only if that's what my strats/schemes require.  I also tend to start with utility models over combat models, as it's rare to hit combat in the first turn or two.

A good solid core to an all around list to start the game with (IMO):

Nico

Morty

Canine Remains

Rotten Belle

Flesh Construct

It's easy enough to pull punk zombies out of the ground if you have both Morty and a CR.  I prefer both in a list, because they have slightly different requirements to dig up bodies, which means you're more likely to be able to dig one up any given turn.  Give Morty My Favorite Shovel and you can Fresh Meat the crew forward on the same turn as the dig.  I generally do this and use the Belle to lure Morty up to keep up with the crew.  One or more canine remains can also be used to dig up bodies in useful places around the board, though in general when I summon, I try to keep it reasonably close to Nico so that the new body will benefit from Death's Whip.  Without that, you're just trading your master's action for a minions action, because of slow.

Anyway, the overall (long-winded) point is that Nicodem, more than any other master at this time, can bring whatever the situation requires to the table, when it needs to be there.  To take proper advantage, though, you'll need a selection of models to do this.  I'd recommend Belle's over more punks, at the very least.  Necropunks or CR to hit the sides of the table, as Nico generally moves his minions in a block.  A flesh construct to take the hits- punk's dish it out, but can't take it.  Fleshies tank like champs.

Guess I'll shut up now, this turned out to be way more gusty than I originally intended.

Mindshred, what can you say about Nicodem 2.0? he looks pretty cool as well, If I chose to get him for my personal Rezzor would it be size to get an additional pack of his zombie punks? to fill out his starter, or is his started good enough to begin with?

As Barghest7 mentioned, NIcodem is a master who really improves with the more models you have in your collection, because it gives him more options as the game progresses.  I think that the Punk Zombies that come in his starter are probably all you really need, but having more certainly wouldn't hurt; Punk Zombies are sort of the gold standard of "I'm going to kill that" models for Ressers. 

For a starting Nicodem player, I would recommend the starter box (Nicodem, Vulture, Mortimer, 3x Punk Zombies), and then a pack of Necropunks (awesome objective runners) or Canine Remains (to start digging up the corpses he wants right away, and later for objective running). 

Other versatile models are Rotten Belles (for luring models around the board), Flesh Constructs (stupid meat walls that slowly heal themselves), and the various Students from the University of Transmortis box (which provide Nicodem with some great meta-specific summoning options).  I've picked up two of the Transmortis boxes, and they really give Nicodem a nice zombie toolbox to deal with problems. 

The Hanged are also good if you face a fair amount of large, scary models, or lots of healing, as they can shut both down pretty quickly.  They're a good early-game summon, though I probably wouldn't purchase them in a crew's starting list (as 9ss is a bit spendy). 

Ashigaru are also pretty solid, as they're fairly cheap and durable, and have some very nice anti-charge capabilities, but you'll only find them in the Yan Lo starter box at the moment, so unless you're planning on picking up Yan Lo as well, I wouldn't worry about them until they get their own blister. 

Of course, there are plenty of other Undead that fit into various roles and mesh better with individual playstyles, but those are what I prefer for a Nicodem core.  One of the great things about Nicodem is that he'll work well with just about any undead models, so if there's a certain model that looks awesome or has interesting rules, he'll make it better. 

• Like 1

is that the 10th this month?

Yep. And the rules for the models will be available for free download in some fashion (they will go into print later this year after gencon).

As to additional models to get, Toshiro I feel is pretty good for most resser masters (and 10T masters as well). He makes all your nearby minions better, and gives you a another summoner on the table (if you buy his upgrade).

Izamu is really good (especially for ressers), as he can take alot of punishment and dish it out in return. He also (as of the end of beta) has melee expert and a (1) heal. Meaning he can heal himself twice in one turn, and still make an attack.

Drowned are pretty good as well.

Jaakuna Ubume is a very solid support piece (and her and the drowned work together with each other very well).

As to additional models to get, Toshiro I feel is pretty good for most resser masters (and 10T masters as well). He makes all your nearby minions better, and gives you a another summoner on the table (if you buy his upgrade).

Izamu is really good (especially for ressers), as he can take alot of punishment and dish it out in return. He also (as of the end of beta) has melee expert and a (1) heal. Meaning he can heal himself twice in one turn, and still make an attack.

Quick off-topic question about that:

Where in the betarules do i find those two. I cant find them with the ressurectionists. ... as i'm writing this, 10 Thunders maybe? ... okay  :rolleyes:

Ressurectionists is one of the easier factions to get in to, because our models play so well with a variety of Masters. You can't go wrong by getting the different box sets and a blister of Necropunks for objective running. From there you can fill out to taste. For your first Master against Seamus,, I'd like to echo going McMourning. For purchase order I'd go McMourning Box --> Necropunks or Canine Remains --> Nicodem Box --> Necropunks if you haven't gotten them yet --> Seamus Box.

• Like 1