Ranked or Not Ranked

Clousseau

As there are lots of discussions about rankings in the UK scene, I thought I'd share some thoughts I've had for some time.

1) To rank or not to rank

Generally the events I run are ranked as it supports the rankings system and also pulls in a few extra players. However, for the 'starter box'/newbie tournaments I've been running at the start of the last 2 years these have been specifically unranked to encourage (or maybe not discourage) new players, or at least new M2E tournament players. This approach seems to have been well received.

2) Minimum recommended standards for Ranking

Based on 3 years experience as a player and a TO;

open to anyone (i.e. not closed to club)

min 8 players

min 3 rounds

min 40SS

fundamentally in line with Gaining Grounds

promoted on this forum at least 1 month in advance

3) Outside of scope

hardcore events

knockout events

I'd welcome any comments.

• Like 2

Completly agree. Altough it seems with more and more events the un ranked events might suffer from lack of people as the veterans will only go to ranked ones. I was worried about lost love but glad we got a good number of players at the end. But I am sure if it was ranked it would attract more.

I would also say 8 for a minimum number of players for ranked seems low. I would probably raise it or at least penalize more with such a low number. With that number you could still organize a torunament within your player group and get good points for the rankings.

I would also say 8 for a minimum number of players for ranked seems low. I would probably raise it or at least penalize more with such a low number. With that number you could still organize a torunament within your player group and get good points for the rankings.

Shhh! You'll give Jimmy ideas ;)