Strong Gremlin Wave 2 Models

AgentRock

So I'm in the process of writing a series of articles taking a look at each faction from a general standpoint coming out of the Wave 2 Beta. The Gremlins are probably the faction I payed the least amount of attention too during this, not really having any context to compare them to. This is where you folks come in. Point me at the minions and enforcers (no henchmen or masters, please, they deserve full length posts rather than small blurbs) that you think are particularly strong, potentially underpowered, or which just you'd like to see some analysis on. 

I know how rabid the Gremlin fan base is, so I don't imagine I'll have any shortage of response, so thank you in advance for the assist. 

So I'm in the process of writing a series of articles taking a look at each faction from a general standpoint coming out of the Wave 2 Beta. The Gremlins are probably the faction I payed the least amount of attention too during this, not really having any context to compare them to. This is where you folks come in. Point me at the minions and enforcers (no henchmen or masters, please, they deserve full length posts rather than small blurbs) that you think are particularly strong, potentially underpowered, or which just you'd like to see some analysis on. 

I know how rabid the Gremlin fan base is, so I don't imagine I'll have any shortage of response, so thank you in advance for the assist. 

Personally I think that the Rooster Rider and Wild Boar are potentially underrated models because they seemed to get little on-table-testing during beta BatReps, but they seem solid on paper.  I also think the Taxidermist is likely to be underestimated because he doesn't do exactly what people wanted him to do, but what he does do he appears he will do quite well.

I also think the Glowin' Varmint is likely to be quite strong as a utility minion that can make it into a variety of crews due to its low cost.

The Bushwhacker I feel may be a touch underpowered for 6ss, I'll have to see how she feels on the table with a few more attempts.  I played with some of them twice in beta and was not really impressed.  Not bad, but not great.

Really, if you're looking for some minion- and enforcer-level analysis there is no dearth of material in Gremlins.  We've got a slew of nearly all new models to look at.  It will take a good bit of time for the dust to settle on what's good and what's not, even after the 10th.

Merris is solid gold IMO. She's the Silurid for Gremlins, especially once you give her Teamwork to escape melee. 

Lucky Effigy is solid little bodyguard for your Master. It's general actions help to heal and potentially redirect attacks away from your Leader, plus it's very resiliant, with armour, hard to kill and Df 6.  

Bayou Gator is a Glass Cannon. With Ambush it can push around corners to charge things, then gets three attacks thanks to Melee Expert. It'll probably die to any retaliation attacks from a half-decent melee fighter but it doesn't matter - the mobility and damage output makes up for it.

The main one you need to look at is the Rooster Rider. Combine its innate speed with the Gremlin movement tricks, you have a great objective grabber. They're our Sillurids. 

They look awesome and stupidly fast (I'll admit I haven't tried them), but they're no Silurid. Unlike Silurid, Rooster Riders can't easily get out of melee. ;)

Semantics. The role is the same.

SImilar roles, but I'd argue that the Rooster Rider isn't quite as good as a Silurid (or Merris) for scheme marker placement, simply because it doesn't have an answer for getting caught in melee.

That, and Rampage could make a horrible mess of the Rider's scheme marker plans.

Not to say the Rooster Rider is bad, just that I'd usually prefer Merris for that partciular role. 

The rider's solution to getting caught in melee is to beat the crap out of anything its in melee with. Rampage actually makes getting to it and failing to kill it a very dangerous proposition.

Anyway, if there's a faction that doesn't have a particular need or want for a slurid type it would be us.

I'm really fond of the Taxidermist, and it's hard for me not to include him in a list.  The amount of exploding pigs that he usually ends up bringing to a game is pretty impressive, and he actually does a pretty good in combat, too.  Combine him with Sammy LaCroix in a scheme-heavy game and you can have Stuffed Pigs as far as the eye can see.  He's become one of my favorite gremlin models (alongside the exploding pigs).

If we're talking about master specific interactions piglets might as well be slurids under Ulix.

Heck, out of Ulix they are probably faster, can drop Schemes cheaper, and are just as escapable as Silurids.  And for nearly half the price, excluding summoning.  Ulix's crews are ridiculously fast.