Justin Gibbs, Mack Martin, and Wyrd LE Prizes at Nova Open

valhallan42nd

Now there is a neat idea! 

Oh don't get me wrong: I definitively consider them a real faction

For me they just don't appeal to any of my interests or well liked Troupes and themes. 

I see them do very well in tournaments in personal experience. They seem to have a lot of ways to burn themselves down for bonuses and in a setting where you don't get the full 5 rounds in that becomes very effective. 

Also looking forward to meeting Justin and Mack! Is there a separate seminar or something I need to sign up for to say hello? 

I'm there myself. Theme matters a great deal to me; Kirai was interesting to me because of her story, and because of that she drew me in to the game. The gremlins don't do that for me, but I can see where they appeal to others.

Finishing games is a concern of mine as well. I tend to avoid Bodyguard as a scheme during tournaments due to its round 4 and on requirements. I just don't think we've all practiced as much for tournaments as well as the UK has due to being so spread out. It's my hope that with practice, we'll all get to where we need to be, timing wise.

There are several ways to meet Justin and Mack.

Justin is leading a seminar on Sunday that will go in depth into the process of game design, his thoughts on M2E and the design process behind it, his thoughts on EBO, Showdown, etc. He'll also have a Q&A session there.

Justin and Mack (in his capacity as Wyrd freelancer) will also be in our charity lounge. By going to the lounge, you can meet and greet with game designers, tournament winners and top players, and have cocktails, with all the proceeds going to charity.

And, I've heard it on good authority that Justin and Mack might be found wandering the con, and might be near the Wyrd area more than once or twice. :) I've never met Justin, but I know that Mack is quite loquacious and gregarious from personal experience (though I doubt he remembers grinding me into a fine paste during a combat patrol game at Adepticon).

• Like 1

It's my pleasure.

On another side note, I've begun getting requests for approved proxies. You can either PM them to me or Eshadie, or email them to me at MalifauxMatt@gmail.com

Approved proxies so far (as long as the opponent is informed prior to play):

Wyrd Twisted Imps are approved proxies for Alps
Evil Baby Orphanage's Eric the Red as a proxy for the Malifaux Child.

• Like 1

Urban Laser craft has come on as a sponsor for Malifaux at the Nova Open.

See below:

Thanks to Will Urban, every Malifaux attendee at the NOVA Open is going to get some INCREDIBLY AWESOME custom mahogany scheme markers, as well as an assortment of other radical lasercut items. Photos pending! It also looks like we'll have staff-signed copies of Crossroads as swag. It also looks like there might be some special stuff headed our way that you otherwise can only find at GenCon or waiting for online sales to go up in the Oct-Jan timeframe, though I cannot confirm or deny this at present. Why aren't you coming to http://novaopen.com again?

Your Malifaux General Admission ticket gets you into all the Malifaux events, but you'll need to check in for them when you go to the NOVA Registration desk. If you have any questions or concerns, look for a lady named Marti. She's our Registrar, a member of the Executive Board, and head of all things "where am I supposed to be and am I properly paid up."

Just wanted to drop in and thank everyone who attended this (players, TOs,NOVA Staff, and Wyrd Staff). This was my first convention and I had so much fun. The players were fantastic (more proof that Malifaux has the greatest community), the events were great (good job, Matt and Maht!), and it was fantastic to see so much that I don't have in my local Meta. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did and I look forward to seeing you all again next year and hope to track you all down before that for some friendly matches!

~Necroon/ Michael/ The guy with too many draws

• Like 5

I second everything Mike said! I had a great time at my first Malifaux event, learned a lot, met some GREAT people, and had a great time (yeah, I said it twice cuz it was double plus good!). I managed to not quite lose all my games even!

My only regret is that I didn't write down anyone's name/forum-handle!

Thanks to Mike for causing the Nova...it's his fault! Thanks to Matt and Maht for putting on a great Malifaux event! Thanks to Justin and Mack for being so awesome! And thanks to all the guys playing that made it a fantastic weekend! 

• Like 3

I had a blast at Nova.  I played in the doubles tournament and each team was friendly, played hard but fair, and was very helpful.  I definitely plan on coming back.  Thanks to Matt and Maht for running a great event.  

I also have to give a shout out to Matt from Desperate Mercs and Ed from up north.  Both guys were awesome opponents who spent a good deal of time chatting with me about Malifaux.  Everyone I interacted with made the event a great experience.    

I'm finally caught up on my sleep and work enough to give a hearty thanks to everyone I met or played at Nova. I have thanked Matt and Maht profusely on Facebook (thanks again, guys!) but my great opponents deserve to be recognized too.

Michael, you had exactly enough draws, the rest of us were sadly lacking, haha. Your malevolent glee at using Collodi along with Bob's Dreamer crew was awesome and hilarious and has inspired me to write a story I call "Tannen and the Teddy factory". You both were gentlemen despite your broken team combo, haha.

Brad, thanks for showing me the poison bomb in the making and for you and your partner being two cool dudes in smooth moods. Once my brain can wrap itself around Vassal, we're getting some games in.

Lastly, Kevin and his good natured trouncing of us complete with finishing off Lady J with Collette. We foolishly focused on Rasputina and her frightening crew (except Murder Protege...doh) but she ( and Matt) successfully gave us a beating we couldn't ignore. Well played, gentlemen.

• Like 2