Reasons to take Zoraida as a gremlin?

Ikvar

I am having a hard time seeing why I would ever take Zoraida as a master with my Gremlins, it just seems like she works better in a Neverborn crew?

There is also the fact that Bad Juju can only take his upgrade "Eternal Fiend" if he is in a Neverborn crew- and although I will be the first to admit that I have VERY little experience with any Neverborn models, that upgrade just seems way to good to pass on just to play with some Gremlins... but then again I am most likely only seeing it like that because of my aformentioned very limited experience with these models, and the possibilities that might come with her joining a Gremlin crew ^^

So are there anyone out there that can help a Zoraida noob? :)

• Like 1

Zoraida is good with anything. You want to play her with gremlins because she can take Sammy LaCroix and McTavish.

On the top of my head there are a few combos I want to try out with her that are only possible with gremlins:
- Nurse with Moon Shinobi.

- Swamp Mother with both Dirty Cheater + Hexed Among You + some waldegeists for more sneaking options + Mactavish and his upgrades and gremlin swampfiends.
- If I'm getting it right Sammy Lacroix can take limited upgrade with a masters name and the master can take the other limited upgrade. So I would take Crystal Ball upgrade with Sammy and Zoraida can use Animal Shape to do mischief around the board (or maybe vice versa).

Also if I'm taking nurse because of Moon Shinobi I also want to take Ototo and from the painting position he would go well with a green goblin-like mask.

If you play Zoraida in neverborn you also don't have to theme with swampfiends because she works with all neverborn subtypes and you can mix her with anything. Unfortunately she has lost her puppeteer abilities, but her avatar might mitigate that...

• Like 1

Why would a nurse be good with a Moon Shinobi?

- I can see that the action "Take your meds" can give minus on all duels if you get a tome... but thats a lot of AP and SS to use just on that?

Im not sure I understand the "Hexed Among you" upgrade- can you place Swampfiend models like that every turn, or only when you begin the game?

Im not sure I see why Sammy would be good with Zoraida, I dont really think she have any upgrades thats worth to take a 7ss model to get- you always need to see what other options there are, and I honestly think that there are many better ways to use 7SS. Sammy in a Brewmaster crew however is pure awesomeness ^^

- and yes, Sammy can take all the named upgrades the master have, so you are indeed able to take two limited upgrades in this way.

Why would Dirty Cheater be good with Spawn Mother? 

Its always a good upgrade ofc, but what makes it speciel for Spawn Mother?

There are three models that would be awsome with Zoraida from the Gremlin faction- Mctavish, Wild Boar and Bayou Gators, but seeing as they are all Swampfiend models, you can just as easily use them in a Neverborn crew with the "Tarot Reading" upgrade...

• Like 1

Zoraida brings some neat things to the Gremlin faction especially when you consider the upgrades that are available to her in either faction. Probably one of the best (aside from what has already been mentioned by Linus Mcmold) are the Waldgeists. Having a durable model that can deploy way up field and do its thing without a ton of support is a great thing in a faction that strugles in that department. When coupled with a large amount of low cost, mobile and significant models that can achieve objectives she shines a bit more. Though Bad Juju with his upgrade is a neat thing, the big mud man is probably best left at home when Zoraida is sluming it.

Another model worth considering when Zoraida is slumining it is Papa Loco, the :+fate on damage is a nice method of increasing gremlin accuracy.

• Like 2

I would always prefer to take Animal Shape to get Zoraida close to enemy in time so I can start spamming her spells earlier in the game and so I can run away, run around messing up markers with another upgrade and such.
But if I take that upgrade, I can't have a great passive one which gives me cards and pays itself off on a high defense henchman which can also seriously mess someone up.

Spawn Mother struggles to stay alive long enough to create a lot of Gupps and this upgrade can help her a lot.
A horde of Gupps (4 if you're lucky) can help you towards winning most of schemes.

If I take nurse with Zoraida, I will definitely take Ototo and it's nice to have another model which works good with nurse.

The options and combos won't go well together, but can be taken in different crews for some interesting tactics.

I missed mentioning Papa Loco, as Omen said he helps little people significantly.

McTavish should work great with Waldegeists and in-faction swampfiends...

I haven't played a lot of games yet, but I'm giddy to try out all of these combinations.

• Like 1

As a guy who has Zoraida for one of his core 3 Masters, Let's see if I can shed some light on the subject:

Zoraida is the Reconnoiter/ Squatters Rights master. You pick her (or Brewmaster dependant on your playstyle) because you need to get models to THAT point on the board for control. For 2 points (Raven Form), you have a near guarenteed Entourage. You place a Rooster Rider or 2 with her because if you can get that sweet spot where the Rider will rooster rampage, you have Zoraida Obey them to 'Walk', getting around the 'Only attack once' clause on the Obey.

The Nurse is a solid choice if only for the fact that the Nurse and Lenny are a powerful combo. For those of us playing at home, Paralyzed is a condition and Bodyguard or "I need THIS piece alive" is PERFECT for Lenny with the Nurse.

Hexed Among You is beginning of the game, and it's SERIOUS bread and butter. Going back to the beginning, You pick Zoraida because you want to set up "These models are on this part of the board." and Hexed gives you a jump start. Waldegeists and Bayou Gators are always solid go-to's, and I've been toying with a full Swampfiend list instead of the mix I've been doing.

Hopefully this helps ^_^

• Like 2

Obey + pig charge + stick em in the @$$ makes very nasty Warpigs, especially if you've just paralyzed the main threat to piggy with a hemmed vodoo doll and a nurse's take your meds.

didn't think about using the Nurses via Sewn Fate... would the target of Sewn Fate also get the full health if you use the paralyze thing?

#12 icon_share.png

Vorschlag, on 03 Feb 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:snapback.png

didn't think about using the Nurses via Sewn Fate... would the target of Sewn Fate also get the full health if you use the paralyze thing?

Yes so it's not something for every situation.

This is the order I have had it work in, obviously this is the turn after the doll was summoned and hemmed onto someone else to have some damage done.

You hem onto the new target with the vodoo doll.

next activate the nurse to paralyze the doll and target, healing all wounds. (hopefully you haven't wasted activations by targeting it earlier)

Then release the pigs + obeys + stick em in the @$$

It is a bit of a set up but it is just one of the nasty little options the old hag in the woods has.

You're off Vorschlag. Sewn fate only copies damage an conditions. The Paralysed is the only thing that would happen.

And I'm looking at Ototototototototo and nurse, and I'm not really seeing that can't be taken advantage of in clan for cheaper... Could be missing something though

So you are in the boat with me, not seeing the whole fuss about nurse+Ototo? :)

Can anyone explain it to me then, because I feel like I am missing something glaringly obvious ^^

So you are in the boat with me, not seeing the whole fuss about nurse+Ototo? :)

Can anyone explain it to me then, because I feel like I am missing something glaringly obvious ^^

I believe that people like Ototo in Zoraida when running her as a Neverborn because of the Nexus of Power upgrade that allows you to heal 2 damage after the current Action resolves if he spends a Soulstone for something.  This can be abusive with his Hard to Kill.

I don't think there is a similar combo when ran as a Gremlin, so that's why we don't see it :)

I believe that people like Ototo in Zoraida when running her as a Neverborn because of the Nexus of Power upgrade that allows you to heal 2 damage after the current Action resolves if he spends a Soulstone for something.  This can be abusive with his Hard to Kill.

I don't think there is a similar combo when ran as a Gremlin, so that's why we don't see it :)

The Nurse+Ototo combo was mentioned in context with running Zoraida as a Gremlin master though... and Nexus of Power have been cuddled btw, it only heals 1dmg now :/

- Can someone who have talked positive about the whole Nurse+Ototo explain their reasoning for it? ^^

I thought Ototo with Flurry and Take Your Meds's - Uppers trigger would be a beast, also in event that Zoraida gets him into striking range of two or more models. It requires a setup and for Ototo to survive one enemies activation and Zoraida can Walk him 3 times with Obey for him to get him into a good position and he does have a 3' melee range.
Well that's mostly good in events where you have a strategy or scheme where you either need to kill or remove enemies from something quickly. I guess there are gremlins who can do that too, but I like the big guy...

I thought Ototo with Flurry and Take Your Meds's - Uppers trigger would be a beast, also in event that Zoraida gets him into striking range of two or more models. It requires a setup and for Ototo to survive one enemies activation and Zoraida can Walk him 3 times with Obey for him to get him into a good position and he does have a 3' melee range.

Well that's mostly good in events where you have a strategy or scheme where you either need to kill or remove enemies from something quickly. I guess there are gremlins who can do that too, but I like the big guy...

Well if Ototo is on Hallucinogens, or uppers, he cannot use Flurry.  You can only declare melee attacks when you are on Hallucinogens, so you cannot delcare any other action, not even (0) actions unless they are a melee.  He cannot even charge in that state.  Worse if Zoraida cast Obey on him he can only use melee actions if under the effect of the trigger.

So you would have to Obey him into position first, drug him up, and then activate him at which point he gets his two swings.  The nurse often better at drugging your opponent's models and controlling what sort of actions they can do.