Welcome to the new site ..

Nathan Caroland

What are your thoughts on the new site?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

View New Content - upper right hand corner. Click on that and it'll bring up everything since your last visit.

If you look to the left hand side of the screen after you do that, you'll see an area that lets you decide what sort of content (forums, gallery, blogs) you want to look at, or the time frame that you wish to look at.

By time period Other

A bit too large avatars and user bar for my liking. It kinda makes it difficult to see what's actually being written. I mainly like the inclusion of Chatty.

Yep, colors and size give it a bit too much visual relief, over the post content. Maybe they could swap colors. But I like many of the changes.

One question: how do I save pictures from threads? Now right click magnifizes the picture, but cannot interact.... Thanks

I've had a couple of my friends comment over msn that they just can't spend much time on the forums anymore, because white text on black backgrounds hurts their eyes.  It's not a huge concern for myself, but having an alternate black-on-white style would help a lot. 

EDIT:  Also, the Recent Topics sidebar doesn't seem to be updating very often, and seems to be skipping a fair number of posts, at least for me.  I'm not sure what's going on there.

Is there any way to change the display from showing every user's info between each post? Also, in the move, the forums lost my password. did that happen to anyone else?

I don't dislike this(other than the horribly distracting big white divider between every post) but I can't say I like it yet either. I do hope that the "recent posts" tab comes back. it made it easy to determine if there was anything new in any of the various forums I look at here.

Also, Can't help but notice that the Malifaux classic forum is gone... :P  It may not have been the most active forum, but forums that were as active did make the switch, so...

Overall, I'm underwhelmed by the changes, but mostly not actively unhappy. these will probably change as I settle in(having had to wait to do more than glance at them until today)

Also, I miss the thanks button. I know it didn't work consistently, but it was a nice way to tell that people thought I made a point without getting direct responses. I hope it comes back. And facebook likes just aren't the same, and don't really cut it for me.

{edit}

And I really miss the auto compress for double posts. Now I'm going to have to start editing slightly older posts, rather than just typing in another comment. :(

Side note: is there any way to get the fate modifiers/tomes symbols back?

Also, I miss the thanks button. I know it didn't work consistently, but it was a nice way to tell that people thought I made a point without getting direct responses. I hope it comes back. And facebook likes just aren't the same, and don't really cut it for me.

It's still there, it's called 'like this'. 

Has jack all to do with facebook.  :)

Oh and I believe Alex (Ratty) is looking into adding your malifaux specific icons back into the smilies section. They were supposed to come over as it was, but I think something didn't make the switch right.

• Like 1

Looks like a lot more functionality, which is cool. Readability-wise, though, it seems a bit more cluttered, so I do kinda wished there was a more slimmed down alternate view that was a bit easier to navigate.

Agreed. If I could choose the colors and whether or not to see any information other than the poster name/avatar, it would be wonderful, I think. As it is, the big white bars and the dark colors/white type make it difficult for me to read.

It's still there, it's called 'like this'. 

Has jack all to do with facebook.   :)

Oh and I believe Alex (Ratty) is looking into adding your malifaux specific icons back into the smilies section. They were supposed to come over as it was, but I think something didn't make the switch right.

Thanks. didn't notice that. It's on the opposite side of where I expected it.

I am currently travelling in south east Asia (Indonesia currently) so can only access the site on my smart phone but just wanted to post saying it works a dream so far and I like it a lot more than the old site!

First time I have been on since the new site and such a pleasant surprise!

And my quick reply box turns white when I click it unlike the above post so works great for me.

I'm unable to send messages to members that I was having conversations with before the migration. Any ideas?

Their inboxes could be full.   The new forums have much smaller inboxes, and I had to delete a whole bunch of messages to clear up some space for new ones.