So many spiders!

LupusFerreus

The spiders are kinda of small, I don't really know that you get any real life benefit out of having 9 sculpts over 3. They're still close to identical robot spiders, its not like humans or even gamin where the poses really make that much of a difference. 

It does, in that models which are visually distinct make it easier to keep track of conditions/wounds/etc when there are more than 2 of them on the field; to wit, it's easier to remember that the spider with right leg up had 2 wounds, while the spider with4 legs on the ground had burning, especially since the art on the cards no longer represents individual sculpts.

It is not especially elegant, but I have a small blue D6 that I place next to every spider to keep track of wounds. Cards don't work for me because despite having unique bases on them it would not work. Even if I had enough cards (8-9), and even if they had the correct picture (still use my metals), they are often criss-crossing eachother 's positions and exploding into scrap at a rate that just makes the counters more reliable for me.

It does, in that models which are visually distinct make it easier to keep track of conditions/wounds/etc when there are more than 2 of them on the field; to wit, it's easier to remember that the spider with right leg up had 2 wounds, while the spider with4 legs on the ground had burning, especially since the art on the cards no longer represents individual sculpts.

Right, but when you're dealing with tiny things with 4 legs you quickly run out of unique poses. If I can't remember which spider has 2 wounds left and which has 3, saying that the one with his right leg up versus the one with his right leg up SLIGHTLY DIFFERENTLY isn't going to help. 

• 1 year later...

I... I did not realize this was a one and a half year old thread. It came up when I was searching for something, and because I'm not very good at the Internet I thought I was participating in an active conversation. Sorry, mates, for not checking the date - but I'll make a gallery for you when they get painted up.