Need abit advice before upcoming Tourny this weekend.

Dinesen

Hey.

We're having a local 5 game tournament. 50SS with 15 min. listbuilding before each game - ONLY WAVE 1.There are 4 Neverborn players and the rest are scattered about equally over the rest of the Factions to a number of 12 players.

I'm looking for advice on how to handle Nicodem since I'm having trouble taking him on when he is fielded in his bunker build for Strats like Turf War. I've tried with Z and Lillith.

Another problem is Rasputina and her "20+" blast spam. I find it hard to get to her before I'm blasted of the table.

And lastly, how to avoid or counter McMornings poison spam without running in circles.

I got Z, Pandora, and Lillith and pretty much all Neverborn models from the new rulebook - No grimlins.

Help, hints and ideas are most appriciated - Remember I don't know which one I will be dealing with, now we can build or crews before each game.

Edited by Dinesen

I'm not the greatest player out there, but vs anything but Rasputina try Pandora's and lots of terrifying, it I'll at least force your opponent to burn resources. Doppleganger for initiative. The twins are a solid choice if you are playing with wave 2 stuff, weaver widow could be fun too. Vs Raspi, try Z and the swampfiends. Take juju's upgrade and run him in front, if he dies he comes back. Keep the silurids in cover and just run around grabbing objectives. Waldegeists are pretty resilient, too bad their forests don't block LoS. I don't remember what swampfiends come in the gremlin faction.

Pandora does indeed rock against Rezzers. Wave one they are generally slow-ish, low-ish Wp, and :melee based. Easy pickin's

If you're anticipating Raspy, or your opponent declares Arcanist, you will be better served by Lilith. She can take advantage of terrain to block all of Raspy's LOS and still sling some support spells. Tangle Shadows can yank an Ice Mirrors over and engage them, whilst shooting a model up towards Raspy herself. Careful not to rely on charge or flurry models to take out Raspy as the Sub Zero trigger will end their activation if they hit her with a Ml action, and throwing down illusionary forests can help to dodge her ridiculous Ca ranges.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of using Lynch against Raspy as well: send Huggy at Raspy as his Tendrils is a Ca, getting around Sub Zero. Make sure to bring Rising Sun so that if Huggy eats it you can bring him back by shooting an Ice Gamin down. Her Ca actions blow past his Incorporeal, but ghosting through walls can keep him safe until he's ready to pounce (depending on terrain available). Meanwhile him tagging her golem and gamins with brilliance lets the Illuminated eat them alive pretty easily.

I'll apologize as I don't know the names of all of Pandora's abilities, nor do I have the rulebook or cards to check them, so I'll do my best to help you as a Raspy player.

First up, use cover. The core Raspy crew only has the December Acolyte that can bring you out of position - use that to your advantage as best you can.

If Sub-Zero is in play, remember it's only against Df Ml attacks. Anything with the trigger can't shut you down on a Wp duel.

Your best bet is to engage any Frozen Heart models (that are within 10" and LOS of Raspy) as quickly as possible - if you've got 'em, anything with a :melee range of 2 or better as Ice Gamin only have :melee of 1, and thus, can't be used as mirrors (though, can be targeted by Raspy, if she decides she wants to trade the gamin for your Sorrow). Raspy's :melee attack is weak as all heck, and if she doesn't have Armor of December, you've got her caught in a bad spot.

Against Raspy and the Ice Golem, you want to try and strip them of their immunity to horror duels with Pandora. I think this is from a trigger from an ability, but I am not sure - sorry. I know it exists, since it was used to great effect on me!

Fear Given Form is a decent upgrade too, but keep in mind that it affects your own models too. Against the core Frozen Heart models, you're looking at Df of 4, 3, and 2. That's means a 10+ to avoid 3 damage just for activating in Pandora's engagement range. Pretty decent, if you ask me.

Also, with Pandora, remember, you can control when your opponent activates when you hit the incite chain. Make Raspy's crew activate when she DOESN'T want to.

Thanks alot for the feedback guys.

I've had a couple of games ws Nicodem. one with Zoraida, and one with Lillith. The one with zoraida was a close call since i lost 6-5. Lillith and her crew couldn't dish out enough damage to make an impact on the Nicodem bunkerbuild, so they where back as fast as I got em down, with me endning loosing my models instead.

I've tried pandora against Rasputina, but only one time, and she godt insta-gibbed due to Rasputina + red joker. I'm not sure if she would work against Rasputina that well, since she first has to get over the table and lock models down, but then again it depends on strat as well and I also have this idea that she is a pretty okay choice against Rasputina, so we will see what i choose...

Thanks again. More input is ofcourse welcome. :)

Raspy is a tough matchup for Pandora, no doubt about it - but you do have tricks you can use to win the game.

You've identified the #1 priority though - select good schemes and focus on the strat/schemes. Maybe find a way to try and make her play into your game.

You've identified the #1 priority though - select good schemes and focus on the strat/schemes. Maybe find a way to try and make her play into your game.

Yeah that's what it comes down to at the end.

I had a nice game with Lilith against Mcmourning today. I had decided to try a grow build so i knew how the models were working with her. But I played the grow upgrade on Barbaros to see if that would work.

I played the game very offensive, and I called it at turn 4, when it was 5 to 5, and he would get one or two points more and i couldn't - Although a nice game. I didn't get the Grow to work as intended, but that was due to my agressive approach with Lillith, a few mishaps here and there.

Honestly I've found it to be a lot about just trying out different crew 'looks' and finding what works and what doesn't for how you like to play, and for what you're worried might come out.

For instance, Armor of December is going to be a hard upgrade for me to turn down now that I've seen how beneficial it is - giving me the ability to push out of melee, armor, etc. Unless I'm playing a crew that I know absolutely hates getting into melee, I think that's a nearly auto-take for me now on Raspy.

So ultimately, make sure you have fun. The more you play, the more you learn.