Undead models and Flash Construct doubt

AndyP.

I was reading better the card of my FC and I didn't understand very weel his immunity to horror duels and manipulative.

What is meant with Manipulative?

Only the ability with this name or a sort of group of ability that need a test to be performed?

Other question more general:

how is possible that my models are undead and can be influenced by horror duels?

In my opinion if you're dead you don't take care about monsters :)

I'm doing something wrong or is correct way to play?

Thanks in advance.

Immunity to "Manipulative" only means the ability with this name, which says that you have to succeed in a TN=x Willpower duel or you can`t target the model, if it has not yet activated this turn.

And even undead creatures maybe have some kind of a need for self preservation, nevertheless, they aren`t immune to horror duels because the rules say it so, you played it right :)

Kind regards

Because teddies that eat people are normal.

I think that in Malifaux horror and fears are so deep and strong that even construct and undead could be victim.

And again, undead were humans (or similar), and constructs are alimented by souls, so I think it's believable that they get scared!

I think that in Malifaux horror and fears are so deep and strong that even construct and undead could be victim.

And again, undead were humans (or similar), and constructs are alimented by souls, so I think it's believable that they get scared!

Animated by souls, ok. But they are f*****g walking dead. the eat brains! How can a creature like this be afraid from a boogieman or a teddy bear? They're terrifying for humans but not for dead that just saw them or try how dead mean in reality.

Instead of that I thank everybody for answers. Now I understood that i played correctly and I have to improve my strategy -.-

I'll open a more detailed thread about every other questions that are not strictly connected to this thread.

Cheers guys!

Terrifying is a rules terminology thing, not necessarily a fluff thing. Maybe in fluff terms, the "terrifying" model has some method of disrupting the reanimation process of the dead guy. If the master is controlling the zombies, maybe the "terrifying" model is disrupting the link between master and zombie.

Animated by souls, ok. But they are f*****g walking dead. the eat brains! How can a creature like this be afraid from a boogieman or a teddy bear? They're terrifying for humans but not for dead that just saw them or try how dead mean in reality.

That's the common perception of Undead. Molly is Undead, as is Tara but I bet your ass they would run scared if they saw Lady Justice and 20 Death Marshalls coming after them. Not ALL undead are mindless idiots. Mindless Zombies are obviously however other memebers of the Rezer faction may very well wish to linger in Undeath for a little longer. Who's to say?

That's the common perception of Undead. Molly is Undead, as is Tara but I bet your ass they would run scared if they saw Lady Justice and 20 Death Marshalls coming after them. Not ALL undead are mindless idiots. Mindless Zombies are obviously however other memebers of the Rezer faction may very well wish to linger in Undeath for a little longer. Who's to say?

Don't want to be polemic, was just a "joke".

I can imagine that undead should be afraid from ladyJ :)

She scary more or less everybody :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Undead are only subject to standard horror duels from models that are Terrifying (all) or Terrifying (undead). When you consider how many models actually specifically scare undead you will find that on average undead are more resilient to horror than their living counterparts.

Same with constructs. Assume that Terrifying (all) models are so ugly even the living dead and machines have second thoughts. 

Non standard horror duels break the rules because ... welp this is Malifaux. 

Wow, way to be insensitive. Look, you may have those petty steriotypes perpetuated by those other insensitive modeling companies but I can assure you that I have never seen a Living-Challenged Person (aka "Zombie") IRL that was as heartless and immune to fear as they portray. I think you should stop perpetuating hurtful steriotypes and accept zombies for who they are, and that includes that they get a little scared sometimes. As Seamus so expertly proves, that also includes that they can love a little sometimes too.

• Like 1