"Copying" once per turn actions

Fireuser

Question

Let's say that Seamus is buried, and Tara uses Whispers from Darkness to Shoot his gun. If Seamus becomes unburied, can he shoot his gun that turn?

Basically does copying an action treat it as if it were printed on the copying model's card, thus limiting them from doing it twice, but allowing the original model to still use the ability?

11 answers to this question

Pulled from the Jan 2nd FAQ document:

Q: Some Actions say they can only be taken once per Turn. If a model takes an Action which states it

can only be taken once per Turn and fails, can it take the Action again? What if another model uses an

Action such as Obey on the model, can it take the Action again? If a Trigger allows the model to take

the Action, can it be used to take the Action a second time?

A: No. A model which has an Action with the “once per Turn” restriction may only take that Action once

per Turn. Same answer for Actions which are “once per Activation.”

So Obey stops it, vey definitely.

I'm less certain of the Tara case though, as she's not making Seamus use the gun, she's using it for him. If it counts as her using the ability, not her making him do it, then it probably comes under the 'Once per turn per model' clause (one for tara, one for seamus) and can work. If it counts as him having fired it, then that's his one for the turn. Not sure which it would come under, honestly, as I've not got my book to hand.

(Also, for clarity - I managed to accidentally post while trying to type the second half of this, so Joel's post below was made to the first half (the quote) while I typed the second half that actually pondered the question...)

Do you have a source for that?

Yes.

http://www.malifaux.com/Downloads/M2e-FAQ-Errata-01-01-14.pdf

Q: Some Actions say they can only be taken once per Turn. If a model takes an Action which states it

can only be taken once per Turn and fails, can it take the Action again? What if another model uses an

Action such as Obey on the model, can it take the Action again? If a Trigger allows the model to take

the Action, can it be used to take the Action a second time?

A: No. A model which has an Action with the “once per Turn” restriction may only take that Action once

per Turn. Same answer for Actions which are “once per Activation.”

per model makes the most sense and would be how I would rule it. Otherwise mirror matches or ablities on multiple troops result in really odd gimmicky situations. If your obeying a model to do it, or taking there activation then that model is the one doing it. If your playing mimic and copying an ability I would say the model your copying it from would still get to use it.