Shades' stuff

Shades

From a compositional standpoint, I see what you were going for, but those lanterns aren't generally in the middle of a path, and, combined with how the OSL doesn't affect the dragon (which is just normally lit), I feel like it messes up an otherwise really nice piece.

Thanks for the feedback.  The practical point-of-view is certainly one I can remember for a future project!  As for this project (and most of my projects, actually), I just consider it an opportunity to practice skillz and experiment with new techniques.  It's just a gaming piece that I knocked out in 4 sessions or so, so as long as it looks cool on the tabletop, I'm cool with it!

If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have started playing Malifaux, so it's always exciting to see new stuff you've painted for it!

Thanks, Aaron!  I'm really excited for you and your new gig.  Talk about a dream come true, dude! 

Whenever you guys are ready to develop a fantasy/historical mass-combat game, I can dust off Mini Mayhem.  ;) Amazingly enough, there still remain a few  fresh ideas there that really haven't hit the market yet.

Yeah, 2E brought me back in.  The rules are cleaner, and the complexity is layered/modular.  That, and finding an accessible gaming group that sticks with a game.  We're all heading up to Battle for Salvation this weekend to play in the Malifaux tournament.

Let me know next time you revisit D.C., so's we can get a beer.  Think about NOVA Open for next year.

Shades,

Taking another look at your models, and I can't get the thought of just shaving Cojo's arm spikes off and making the arms look natural out of my mind. I wonder....

Nighthater

I like that idea, Night'.  I wish I had thought of it when I started!  Maybe I'll do that for the Slate Ridge Mauler.

You have terrific painting skills, but I think that my favourite must be the Cojo - something about the hair really changes the look of the whole piece.  I love the painting on the Dawn Serpent, but somehow it looks like the Dawn Serpent itself isn't the main focus of the piece, wrapped around the scenery as it is.