ToadPainters painting projects

ToadPainter

• 5 months later...

Nice looking minis. The freehand on the waif and the runny mascare was a nice touch.

is the strongarmsuit magnetized at the waist? since hes crouching in one pic and stadning in the others or did you paint two?

the transition on the skin to tentacles also impresses. Really nice blend.

Toadpainter,

This is extremely impressive work. The amount of detail is beyond most models I encounter. I'm definitely interested in some of your models so I have questions.

The Hallow Waif I can't figure out. I don't know anything about them story wise or crew card wise. Why are her hands so bloody? Are those parasitic worms on the ground?

Were they inside her? Did they come out of her hands, causing the damage?

On your Outcast commission work why did you go with grass and leaves on gravel as opposed to grass and leaves on dirt?

Dmeeps question (good eye) Is the strongarmsuit magnetized at the waist? since hes crouching in one pic and standing in the others or did you paint two?

Is your commission going to have you just eventually paint a whole Friekorps crew? Matching others peoples work for uniforms is almost impossible.

Nighthater

Yeah the Freikorps Strongarm is magnetized. I've already done a friekorps crew for he client, just that i don't have any pictures of them, since it was a long time ago.  The Hallow waif is like a zombie with a really bad melee attack so I figured if she ever attacked someone the ends of her fingers would be ground off, getting blood everywhere. When i place leaves it just how i feel at the time, what feels right etc. no real logic to it :P .