Lady Justice List at 50ss

knghtpiper

Probably would, but it starts to ask the question of why you're not just running Sonnia at that point.

I disagree with that. As pointed out before, Witchlings should go very well with Justice (haven't tried it, but I very much will once they are painted). They mesh well with the Judge's upgrade, too. Samael meshes well with Witchlings and he and Justice nicely compliment each other.

That Wichtlings and Samael are great with Sonnia is out of the question, but the playstyle will be quite different. Sonnia uses Witchlings to set up her own spells and splashes her damage around. Justice, on the other hand, will spike damage strong models and buff the Witchlings to deal with minor threats. It's as different as such similar crews can get, I imagine.

• Like 1

I disagree with that. As pointed out before, Witchlings should go very well with Justice (haven't tried it, but I very much will once they are painted). They mesh well with the Judge's upgrade, too. Samael meshes well with Witchlings and he and Justice nicely compliment each other.

That Wichtlings and Samael are great with Sonnia is out of the question, but the playstyle will be quite different. Sonnia uses Witchlings to set up her own spells and splashes her damage around. Justice, on the other hand, will spike damage strong models and buff the Witchlings to deal with minor threats. It's as different as such similar crews can get, I imagine.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, though I'd be a little concerned with setting Justice on fire.  I am really looking forward to Guild Hounds for this kind of thing though.  I just envision her hunting down ressers with a pack of attack dogs.

In part for not using the Judge is that I like Sidir's model better and now that I have the Santana model and I like her model better, how a model looks will always be a major factor in how I choose what models I play.  I will look in Francisco when I have money for models again.  I like the Judge and how he should play and I will use him in other lists, but in part right now I want to try out Sidir and Santana right now.

In part for not using the Judge is that I like Sidir's model better and now that I have the Santana model and I like her model better, how a model looks will always be a major factor in how I choose what models I play. 

Can't argue with that.........although the new plastic Judge model........wow that model is bad-ass......ymmv.

• Like 1

I got the opportunity the other day to try out a Lady J list with a stalker or 2 and Samael vs a Seamus crew, and it worked beautifully. The Stalkers did a great job of removing all the Slows he kept handing out with the Rotten Belles; and one of them even managed to put a point of Burning on Seamus, which allowed Samael to unload on him with Rapid Fire (Visions of Flame against Seamus can be so awesome, screw your Back Alley shenanigans). Didn't kill him, but definitely made Lady J's Assassination run against Seamus an absolute walk-over

I got the opportunity the other day to try out a Lady J list with a stalker or 2 and Samael vs a Seamus crew, and it worked beautifully. The Stalkers did a great job of removing all the Slows he kept handing out with the Rotten Belles; and one of them even managed to put a point of Burning on Seamus, which allowed Samael to unload on him with Rapid Fire (Visions of Flame against Seamus can be so awesome, screw your Back Alley shenanigans). Didn't kill him, but definitely made Lady J's Assassination run against Seamus an absolute walk-over

That sounds good. Thanks for sharing! 

If you took Lady J with her "Vendetta Style" upgrade, along with Sadir, she would get double positive flips on attack and a single positive on damage (if she isn't charging). Also, "Vendetta Style" gives her unimpeded, which is amazing on a model that doesn't need LOS for charges.

I don't know how you get to that if I'm honest. Vendetta doesn't give her Unimpeded, Last Stand does. (It great, nevertheless!) Also, why would she get double positive fate modifiers with Sidir? If he has Promises, she gets one. Vendetta gives her a trigger for a positive modifier for damage. If she doesn't charge, this can amount to two postive modfiers for damage. So, I think you got that mixed up.

On this regard: Of those of you who take Vendetta (I have on occasion), do you often use the Vengeance trigger? I only consider it if the Red Joker is in my hand. Crit Strike seems just better to me since one has to flip severe for Vengeance to deal one more damage.

Vendetta is still worth it for Onslaught, I think. Hard to kill models, beware.

Yeah, I was referencing the beta cards (thanks zfiend). At work right now, so I don't have my cards on me :P Apologies for the inaccurate suggestion! I do take vendetta all the time though for onslaught. The possibility for an extra attack with Lady J's sword is just too good to pass on. I've had Lady J kill a full hit point Teddy in one activation thanks to onslaught.

• 1 month later...

New update!

Finally got another game in, between working on thesis and traveling to see the girlfriend not a lot of time to play.   Yesterday I played against the following list:

Marcus

Trait of the gods (upgrade if remeber the title correctly)

Slate Ridge Mauler

Stabbertooth Cerberus

Jackalope

Hoarcat Pride

Moleman x3

Cojo

Razorspine Rattler

My opponent said she had 4 soulstones left.

My list

Lady Justice

Sidir

By your side

Santana Ortega

Hair Trigger

Death Marshal x3

Guild Riflemen x2

According to the crew builder I had 7 soulstone in pool even though for some reason when building it with out the crew builder I though I only had 4 soulstones, oh well.

The strategy:  Reconnoiter

The schemes:  Framed for murder (on Myranda), Line in the Sand (we both took it), Protect Territory (me) 

Next time I will try to do a proper battle report, but in lack of that here are my thoughts about this list.

Lady J continues to impress, we only played to turn five as my opponent was need for another game, so at the end of turn five, Lady J was holding off Marcus (with 1 wound left), Cojo, and the Razorspine on her own.  I drew poorly on my attacks with her, but thanks to her high number of wounds and me doing well on the defense (but no masks and I kept forgetting to use the soulstones for that) I had no risposte.  Still I like her and she killed the sabertooth.

Sidir, I need to draw better on him.  He brought the sabertooth to half health with the machine gun, but after that I could no win a duel with him, poor guy.  But he did absorb the sabertooth's attacks for two turns and credit to my opponent, she got the tomes she needed for its trigger, to chain kill him with minor damage.  I am thinking a leadlined coat might be a good investment for him.

Santana, she was boss, hair trigger put myranda to have wounds which let a rifleman kill her later in that turn, she also helped to kill the slate ridge monster and proved to more durable than I thought she might be.  Still I think she was a little to stationary this game and I need to work on moving her around more.  

Death Marshals, did okay, dropped their markers being able to ignore terrain was good  but I was not sure if i was aggressive enough with them.  Next game I will drop one and run only two.  

Riflemen, stars of the game, I focused them early and often, kept them out of melee, and when my opponent charged, I use stand a fire to pink wounds away.  Also being focused gives them the extra ram for critical strike which helps with shooting.  I was very impressed with them.  I think Captain Dashel might be a good guy to get if i run three of them, but I like how the two helped the crew.  

I won the game by one (final score escapes me), it was thanks to my death marshals dropping markers for protect territory and defending them and because I scored for Reconnoiter pretty much every turn my my opponent rushed for the middle and was to close to the center to claim quarters for the majority of the game.

Thoughts are welcome, thanks for reading.

Don't forget to use the Death Marshall's ability to pine box aggressively. It's a ml attack, so you can use it on the charge. Even if you only box them for a turn, controlling when they get to activate is still beneficial.

There's a good chance that once you do get them in the box, they ain't coming out. Because even if they do pass the wp duel to get out of the box they unbury in base contact, which gives you 2 ap's to stick them right back in there.

For the rule masters out there:

In the Pine Box Wp vs. Wp duel, who is the attacker?

Never thought of Santana being too stationary. Well, I mostly play her with the Enslaved Nephilim....

You could try adding a Warden in place of a Marshal. Meshes well with Riflemen, is survivable and has some cool triggers.

• Like 1

Lady J continues to impress, we only played to turn five as my opponent was need for another game, so at the end of turn five, Lady J was holding off Marcus (with 1 wound left), Cojo, and the Razorspine on her own. 

Keep in mind that the game only has more than 5 turns if you draw the appropriate cards to go on after turn 5.

I know, we had just agreed that turn five would be the last one as my opponent wanted to get some other games in and was needed for another game that was starting close to when we where ending.  Unless I am being dense and you mean something else Dracomax and I am not getting it, if so sorry and please illuminate me.  (Just not Jacob Lynch style).

I know, we had just agreed that turn five would be the last one as my opponent wanted to get some other games in and was needed for another game that was starting close to when we where ending.  Unless I am being dense and you mean something else Dracomax and I am not getting it, if so sorry and please illuminate me.  (Just not Jacob Lynch style).

He's just saying there's a rather slim chance the game wasn't over regardless at that point.  Playing to win in turn 6 will lose a lot of games. ;)