50 SS Viks upgrade choices?

Buddhanutz

Hello Everyone

i have played the Viks in 1rst edition and a few games during the beta, and now i am playing them as part of my standard rotation. I find them to be fun and effective, with more tactical depth than their 1rst edition counter parts.

However, I am having a hard time deciding the upgrade load out for the master Vik. Currently I am going with Hard to kill, Sisters in spirit (the place in base contact spell), and the +2 damage spell (sorry I don't have my cards in front of me).

With this setup I don't have accomplice on Master Vik so I can't do the tag team super face punch. I don't know what upgrade to replace. Any thoughts?

Hello Everyone

i have played the Viks in 1rst edition and a few games during the beta, and now i am playing them as part of my standard rotation. I find them to be fun and effective, with more tactical depth than their 1rst edition counter parts.

However, I am having a hard time deciding the upgrade load out for the master Vik. Currently I am going with Hard to kill, Sisters in spirit (the place in base contact spell), and the +2 damage spell (sorry I don't have my cards in front of me).

With this setup I don't have accomplice on Master Vik so I can't do the tag team super face punch. I don't know what upgrade to replace. Any thoughts?

I tend to put scramble and the ignore defenses upgrades on henchman Vic. I use the student of conflict and she huddles around the Viks for fast. I usually give the once per game fast to Taylor since she holds a flank. I have tried the sister in spirit upgrade To Vanessa but she is usually out of position. Ill give it another try though.

Any other thoughts?

I tend to put scramble and the ignore defenses upgrades on henchman Vic. I use the student of conflict and she huddles around the Viks for fast. I usually give the once per game fast to Taylor since she holds a flank. I have tried the sister in spirit upgrade To Vanessa but she is usually out of position. Ill give it another try though.

Any other thoughts?

Well, a lot depends on what you are trying to achieve and who you hire into your crew.

For instance, if you have Assassinate and Bodyguard in the Scheme Pool you might be more interested in Survivalist and Sister in Spirit, especially if you are taking a Friekorps Librarian, because a smart opponent will take Assassinate against the Viks and Bodyguard can help keep your Vik of Blood out of trouble.

But if you are doing Reckoning as a Strat you may want to do Mark of (ignore everything) and the the +2 damage spell upgrades because you want to be able to kill the heavy hitters you are likely to face, especially if Make Them Suffer isn't a choice.

Likewise, if you are using Vanessa in the crew she frees up an upgrade slot for Vik of Ash, so the options can change.

So it's very hard to tell someone what to take on regular basis.

That said. You can't go wrong with Mark and Oathkeeper on Blood. This basically insures she will kill what she wants during the game.

I do enjoy the Accomplice upgrade on Ash, but if Vanessa is in play you can consider it on her and take the +2 dmg upgrade on Ash, this frees up Ash to take Sister in Spirit and then either an Oathkeeper or Survivalist, depending on what you want to do.

It's very hard to go wrong with Sister Upgrades, as long as you are taking them. Its when you leave them behind that you're making a mistake. They all have their uses.