Crew Creator Error?

Zoraidas "Tarot Reading" upgrade:

Bayou Servants lets you hire swampfiend models regardless of faction, but in the crew creator these swampfiends appear as mercenaries including the mercenaries tax. I think thats wrong because there are other masters with very closely wirtten rules (Marcus for example) who do not have to pay that +1 SS tax.

Bayou Servants lets you hire swampfiend models regardless of faction, but in the crew creator these swampfiends appear as mercenaries including the mercenaries tax. I think thats wrong because there are other masters with very closely wirtten rules (Marcus for example) who do not have to pay that +1 SS tax.

If you choose Tarot Reading as an Upgrade, non-faction Swamp Fiends (Gators, McTavish, Wild Boar) appear under the "Models" drop down at their usual price.

Some (like Bayou Gators) also appear in the mercenarys drop down (as Zoraida can hire them via her Enhtrall ability)  with a note to indicate they are available cheaper by other means.

I'm fairly certain the models you are talking about are either Mercenaries or they qualify for Zoriada's Enthrall hiring ability. These models should be in both the regular model hiring list as well as the Mercenaries list with a note that says you can hire this model cheaper than the full Merc cost.

I can give Cpt. Dashel the Lead Lined Coat when playing him in a Guild crew. He can't take it because he already has Armor +1.

There is no rule that says a model with Armor can not take Lead Lined Coat. The only restriction on Lead Lined Coat is "Living, Rare 3". Yes, you would be correct in saying that Lead Lined Coat gives him no benefit, until he somehow loses his built in Armor +1.

Sammy LaCroix may purchase one non-Avatar Upgrade with a restriction of the Master's name, in the Crew Creator you can take more then one.

You're absolutly right. I'll get on fixing that tonight.

I am trying out the crew creator for McCabe and can't seem to see any of the Guild Hounds or Guild Riflemen. I'm not sure if this stuff is still being added but I just thought maybe best to bring it up.

Yup, thats part of the McCabe not being able to hire Guardsmen models. That has been fixed, it's just waiting to be rolled out.

I. There is no rule that says a model with Armor can not take Lead Lined Coat. The only restriction on Lead Lined Coat is "Living, Rare 3". you would be correct in saying that Lead Lined Coat gives him no benefit, until he somehow loses his built in Armor +1.

I've totally been mis-reding that it adds +1 Armor if they don't have armor already. For some reason I've been parsing that as a restriction. Thanks Moose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a small thing I noticed... When using Pandora as a Master, the option for Candy to be a Henchman is not available. And how does it work to create a small SS crew with just a henchman as the leader? Seems that I have to choose a Master to lead the crew, regardless of SS total.

Maybe I'm just thick and haven't figured it out. That's highly possible! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to print off a Crew once created?  Other than plain text?

I can do a screen capture and edit out the selection drop downs for unused slots, but it woud be great to be able to print off a list that you can take with you. 

I was going to attach a pic of before and after, but the forum appears not to support simple images, it just links to external URL's.

I think you're looking at the Malifaux 1.5 Crew Creator.  I just did the same thing and noticed that there is no Gremlins faction and it defaults to 35 stones.  Make sure you're going to http://www.malifaux.com/M2eCrew.php and not http://www.malifaux.com/Crew.php.

Ah, you're right. Thanks!

Also, is it not rules legal to use the cache of SS that the Leader brings in order to chose more Minions or Upgrades? Or does that cache have to remain as a SS pool?