Smoke and Shadows upgrade - ker-whut, now?

Kintaro

Title got ya in? Good.

On the Smoke and Shadows upgrade, specifically Smoke Bombs, the stat line looks like this :

(Ca 5 / TN: 13 / Rg: 3)

You drop the two markers in base contact with "this model" (ie the caster).

so what the heck is the Rg: 3 for?!?

Is it something I'm just not seeing?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...

So wait, your saying the base contact is 3" from the base of the model? Much confusion. This reminds me of the charging archer discussion.... Please all mighty wyrd help us.... Haha.

If anyone can help figure this out it would take a great load of weirdness out of the ability. I've been playing for about 2 months, started 10t and plenty of these "hands in the air" situations have come up.

LOL!

Nah man, the 50s are only about 2" across, and everything that gives a range allows you to essentially toss whatever you're casting that far away (IE the closest edge would be 3").

Thanks anyway though!

Cheers!

Not sure why this thread was resurrected, but this post strikes me as being completely wrong.

Just so anyone reading in the future thinks this was right.

It's not.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why this thread was resurrected, but this post strikes me as being completely wrong.

Just so anyone reading in the future thinks this was right.

It's not.

How is this wrong?

He is correct on the template size. He is correct on how a range 3 action would work if it used a template of that size. The upgrade still has contradicting rules on it, and as far as I know there has been no official errata saying whether it truly is useable at range or if ithe templates do have to be placed in base contact.

How is this wrong?

He is correct on the template size. He is correct on how a range 3 action would work if it used a template of that size. The upgrade still has contradicting rules on it, and as far as I know there has been no official errata saying whether it truly is useable at range or if ithe templates do have to be placed in base contact.

The spell specifically states base contact. I don't see how something can be 3"away, and in base contact.