Lilith Tactics and List Building Ideas

onslaught

Hey all,

I am brand new to Malifaux and decided to start playing recently because I loved how the new models look. I chose to pick up the Nephilim box as well as the Terror Tots box and Liliths new box. So with all that assembled I tried out a few games and I loved her play style of fast and aggressive tactics. The only games I have played were 40 Soul Stones worth since at my local store most of the people are getting back into it and preferred to start small. The list I ran was Lilith as the Master, Barbaros, Cherum, 2 Young Nephilims and a Mature Nephilim. The upgrades were the Lure ability, and the Forests Summons on Lilith and the Def 14 tank upgrade on Barbaros.

Recently I have decided to switch things up by making it more aggressive by getting rid of the forest summons and the lure on lilith (I know both are such great upgrades) to the Living Weapon on her to use her in a different way.

What experiences do you guys have with her and what list builds/ upgrades were your favorite? Lets get some brainstorming in here.

given what you listed as the crew you took, I cant help but say do NOT underestimate the terror tot.... they are fantastic little models that can win you games.... not in sheer killing power but by being underestimated.... they are quick, deceptively so at first glance to their card, and are great at a rather large variety of schemes....

As to Lilith's upgrades, its always rough...all of her upgrades are really nice! Living Blade is great, and while i use it often, Beckon Malifaux lets you do some amazing things...

Ultimately its gonna fall to personal playstyle, and indeed I encourage everyone to play around with things till you find something comfortable, even if you lose a few games( in my case most games =P)

All of that said..I am by no means an expert at this game or Lilith, and I'm sure other here could be much more detailed about the in and outs of Lilith and her crew.

--Woe

given what you listed as the crew you took, I cant help but say do NOT underestimate the terror tot.... they are fantastic little models that can win you games.... not in sheer killing power but by being underestimated.... they are quick, deceptively so at first glance to their card, and are great at a rather large variety of schemes....

As to Lilith's upgrades, its always rough...all of her upgrades are really nice! Living Blade is great, and while i use it often, Beckon Malifaux lets you do some amazing things...

Ultimately its gonna fall to personal playstyle, and indeed I encourage everyone to play around with things till you find something comfortable, even if you lose a few games( in my case most games =P)

All of that said..I am by no means an expert at this game or Lilith, and I'm sure other here could be much more detailed about the in and outs of Lilith and her crew.

--Woe

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I am just playing different builds through out my games. Its not about me winning so I just wanted to play the big things. I do know that the Terror Tots are great. One of my friends plays 5 of them in a 40 SS list a lot. I am not one of those gamers who play the same thing as someone else intentionally. I like to create my own and play with that. I was curious on how others played her and so on and so forth. Since she's new and the rules are new too I thought it would be interesting to ask and get ideas. Seems like the Terror Tots spam and Grow is popular right now.

As i don't like my Master being killed i like to use Nexus of Power (on Barbaros) and Aether Connection (on Lilith). She can dish out a lot of dmg without the use of SS, with the Living Blade, so i just use them for prevention.

That way she goes from hard to hit, to hard to hurt as well, making risky plays possible.

I'm only just starting with Lilith, but I've been running her with just Rapid Growth, and having her hang back and use Tangle Shadows to toss Barbaros forward and pull enemies back to feed Tots. It's nothing too complicated, but it's fun and has been working out pretty well so far.

• 2 weeks later...

They're not quite finished yet (and I have idea when the plastic versions are coming out), but Lilith has some nice stuff in Wave 2. You should head over to the Beta section and check out Nekima, Blackblood Shaman, Lelu, Lilitu, and Tuco which are all Nephilim.

Where does one find the Beta section?

Where does one find the Beta section?

Here are the last updates to Wave 2. This Monday will see Wave 2 finalised stats. They will also be tournament legal.

On the subject of Lilith for the OP, I've also just stayed with the starter and the Neph box set and I've not included other Neverborn (although there are some great fits for Lil in the faction). 

My preferred play style with her is mainly a pounce/grow list, with 3 terror tots and the blade upgrade for Lil's pounce at the core. This is mainly to try and maximise her AP and utilise the abundance of push in the crew. To increase the pushes available I take the cyclone crash upgrade for Barboros (which in my opinion is awesome) and the Cherub, who's companion and push in any direction is really useful for this list. 

Not optimal but good fun... ;)

• Like 1