Brass Arachnid!

Mazin1

A friend of mine who goes to our local club got his on the base, he struggled with Shang more, infact he got so wound up with Shang his is on a 40mm lol

See his crews here, Ramos + B.Arachnid are about the 3rd or 4th crew on the thread http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/98765-dam13ns-malifaux-crews/?hl=dam13n

I think Cojo got upped to a 50mm base and got an errata because he couldn't comfortably fit on his base either.  It's likely more problematic in the case of the Brass Arachnid, as he had a 1/1.5 model already.  I still haven't opened my M&SU box, but did wonder when I saw the render on the back of the box.  

Cojo was always on a 50mm base. It was a typo that was introduced early in the Beta and was missed is all.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't started building my one yet ( I only started Malifaux with M2E really)  I think I might buy the old metal one as it seems much more appropriate, then using the new awesome plastic one as a Large Arachnid - it doesn't sound like there will be a new model for that anytime soon right? ) and it looks like it's about the right size...

just need to find a sawblade to mount on it

• 1 month later...
Yea, that's exactly my plan as well. :)

Find any good substitute saw blades?

This is my plan as well.  I'm just starting out and picked up the small rule book, a box of spiders, and the old brass arachnid.  I'm planning on ordering the Ramos set soon, but when I was looking at it I realized I didn't need to buy the BA.  Luckily I got it on clearnace so it was only like $5.  After looking at the plastic BA it looks close enough to the large spider so I was planning on converting.

For the saw blade i was thinking about using a brass gear, something in the vein of this.  It would add to the steampunk vibe while also doubling as a saw like weapon.  Planned on just sticking it right into the mandibles of the BA.