Update on Releases?

Vorschlag

Sorry to bother you guys as I know you probably have enough on your plate with everything presently going on but I was hoping the release page at Malifaux.com might be updated some time soon so we can see what boxes are coming out in the next few months.

The page is presently 4 months behind and I am planning and scheming for tournaments etc in the next few months.

Well the remaining Wave 1 masters without plastics are;

Nicodem

Zoraida

Von Schill

So'mer

Ophelia

Brewmaster

If they keep to their "2 masters each month" schedule we can expect the rest of these to be out by the end of April. Otherwise they should all be finished by Gencon at the latest (ie. 6 months, 1 Master per month).

IIRC Nicodem was part of the Black Friday sale but isn't on the release list, so I'm guessing he'll be one of the February releases.

In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing what's coming up too. I've got the bits for a proxy Brewmaster crew on standby but if the real deal is coming out soon, I'll gladly wait. :)

Well the remaining Wave 1 masters without plastics are;

Nicodem

Zoraida

Von Schill

So'mer

Ophelia

Brewmaster

[....]

IIRC Nicodem was part of the Black Friday sale but isn't on the release list, so I'm guessing he'll be one of the February releases.

Possibly - I imagine (and I must stress - I really have no inside knowledge on this kind of stuff whatsoever) that they'll focus on getting the "proper" Wave 1 stuff out first but if there's a gap in the release schedule or they just want more time to finish off a given set, they might just slip Levi in anyway.

Mind you, there's no way he'll be released before his rules are finalised. ;)

Well, the unreleased non-starters (or part thereof) would be...

Governor's Proxy

Executioner

Austringer

Guild Guard (note: might wind up part of Lucius's Box)

Peacekeeper

Graveyard Spirit

Bete Noire

Canine Remains (I assume we'll get more than just Mcmourning's sculpt)

Crooked Man

Mindless Zombie

Necropunk

Hanged

Essence of Power

December Acolyte

Electrical Creation

Hoarcat Pride

Moleman

Primordial Magic

Teddy

Doppelganger

Waldgeist

Malifaux Child

Bishop

Convict Gunslinger

Desperate Merc

Hans

Johan

Killjoy

Whiskey Golem (or Fingers, but I suspect Fingers will be in Brewey's box)

Hog Whisperer

Pigapult

Piglet

Slop Hauler

Warpig

Dawn Serpent

Monk of Low River

Samurai

So unless I'm mistaken we're looking at another 37 Wave 1 releases, not including the starters and parts thereof. It's possible they'll package some of the models together, like the Hog Whisperer with some pigs or Killjoy with the Malifaux Child (PLEASE do that! ;) ). Others might be released as story encounter sets, like the Uni of Transmortis. Either way though, that's alot of releases.

There's another 7 months between now and the post-Gencon releases and honestly, I don't see them getting 37 additional box sets AND the remaining starters out before then. So unless I'm seriously underestimating their ability to churn out releases, I'd expect a backlog of Wave 1 models even after Wave 2 starts showing up.

The positive is that the metals for most of these are still available. So hopefully they'll prioritise the characters without a model which from the looks January's releases, is exactly what they're doing. ;)

For my part I'm mainly waiting on the gremlins and Zoraida but I would like to see the new guard for my Lucius crew and will require atleast 2 more flesh constructs so I'm hoping they come in pairs.

Then of course there are all the additions Warpig, Austringer, Waldgeist, Lenny, proxy, Canine remains (again hoping they get their own box).

Then I'm waiting on alternatives (mainly Ramos as I hate Joss and already have Miss-Step so Don't want to buy the crew box).

Damn this game, it has successfully killed off all my other table-top gaming and urinated all over my budget to mark it's territory.

Possibly - I imagine (and I must stress - I really have no inside knowledge on this kind of stuff whatsoever) that they'll focus on getting the "proper" Wave 1 stuff out first but if there's a gap in the release schedule or they just want more time to finish off a given set, they might just slip Levi in anyway.

Mind you, there's no way he'll be released before his rules are finalised. ;)

Personally I do think they would release Leveticus has soon has his cards are done, I suspect they may even have all the plastic sprues and boxes ready and waiting.

Given the size of Gremlins, I would be too surprised if the Tri-Chi box had Brewmaster, Wesley, 3 Shinobi, Fingers and the Whiskey Golem. Maybe wishful thinking, but that would put the box closer to M&SU, or Guild Marshals. Of course, it could mirror Raspy's box and have the Whiskey Golem instead of Fingers, which also seems reasonable. I would, however, be kind of surprised not to see the Golem in Brewy's box.

Given the size of Gremlins, I would be too surprised if the Tri-Chi box had Brewmaster, Wesley, 3 Shinobi, Fingers and the Whiskey Golem. Maybe wishful thinking, but that would put the box closer to M&SU, or Guild Marshals. Of course, it could mirror Raspy's box and have the Whiskey Golem instead of Fingers, which also seems reasonable. I would, however, be kind of surprised not to see the Golem in Brewy's box.

I hope the golem is included in the box.