Lenny q

cengler

Hey, everyone. I'm just getting back in to Malifaux. I played my second game of 2E tonight and got my butt handed to me by a Lady Justice crew. No complaints; my opponent definitely knew his crew waaaay better than my hodge-podge. That being said, I want to get better at the Gremlins and I've read hear and been told in person that Lenny is great.

My local scene seems to use masters with "Obey" a lot. From what I can tell (and please correct me if I'm mistaken) Lenny works well by having lots of people around him to benefit from his aura. I'm concerned, though, about his WP1 making him Obey bait and he'll tee off on the other Gremlins.

Thoughts on this by those more experienced than I?

Hi wapcaplets,

Not very experienced but... if you are concerned about Lennys low will power one option would be to take 'liquid bravery' leader upgrade on somer/orphelia which give you a 0 action to increase nearby (8") by +2Wp

With Lady Justice or any other hard hitting melee master or henchman you need to lay down the fire power and kill them at range...

try Rami (with Ram aura from Lenny) using focus (try Student of Conflict to give him fast) and cheat in high card. Alternatively Orphelia with soulstones can lay down some serious firepower, especially if you companion her with Francois to have two bites at the cherry.

You can also try using pere ravage and/or bayou gremlins with lenny (with show off) throwing them like a hand grenade at the enemy and then using them to blow up.

If you want a reliable speed bump, Raphael with Dirty Cheater, can take a beating, so you can send him ahead to slow down a melee team whilst your ranged guys can pick off the danger models with 'Shoot High' and Rami.

Consider having bayous or young lacroix arranged in front of orphelia and rami as 'meat shield' skirmish line in front of you main shooters, this will block any melee attackers and you can still 'shoot high boys' above their heads.

Hope some of this helps!

Edited by BaronGreenback

Hey welcome back to Malifaux (and the obviously correct faction to boot ;).

The big thing you'll want to look at for Lenny if you're worried about him being obeyed is 2 1/2 inches. Lenny's Toss ability is 1, his melee engagement range is 2, and the aura benefits he provides are 3. So if Lenny's at 2 and change from the people you want gaining the benefits, the model obeying will have to spend 2 actions to get Lenny to do something other than walk a tiny bit.

Thing #2 to note: Lenny's Toss action is a push. Now, this technically was something stated for the previous version, but I don't see why it would change: (paraphrasing a rules guy) "You can't push to where you can't move." Models and impassible terrain block pushes.

Thing #3 to note: Generally speaking, there's only one model with Obey in a given crew. If you learn those models, you can handle them if they show up on the board better.

Not very experienced but... if you are concerned about Lennys low will power one option would be to take 'liquid bravery' leader upgrade on somer/orphelia which give you a 0 action to increase nearby (8") by +2Wp

Bravery buff only works on minions. Also keep in mind that obeying an attack is once per turn and that his buff auras exceed his melee range. Meaning that you don't have to leave peeps in easy thwacking range, and even if you do they're taking a point less incoming damage.

That aside, Lenny is easily one of the best model's in the game. He increases offense, durability, and mobility, and does most of that just by standing in the right place. He's a resilient, self-repairing, condition proof toolbox. Don't feel too pressured to cram every available gubbin into his auras. I usually just run him as Ophelia's purse and I've always felt like I'm getting my points worth and more.

And to bust out some high level play here: Lenny is immume to ALL conditions. Make sure that you keep track of that. There's a surprising number of things listed as conditions in the game. This is also key if Lenny has to fight someone terrifying. Yes you have to flip a card for the test, but if you fail you gain the Paralysed CONDITION.

Bravery buff only works on minions. Also keep in mind that obeying an attack is once per turn and that his buff auras exceed his melee range. Meaning that you don't have to leave peeps in easy thwacking range, and even if you do they're taking a point less incoming damage.

That aside, Lenny is easily one of the best model's in the game. He increases offense, durability, and mobility, and does most of that just by standing in the right place. He's a resilient, self-repairing, condition proof toolbox. Don't feel too pressured to cram every available gubbin into his auras. I usually just run him as Ophelia's purse and I've always felt like I'm getting my points worth and more.

arrrr.. good point. well made.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

And to bust out some high level play here: Lenny is immume to ALL conditions. Make sure that you keep track of that. There's a surprising number of things listed as conditions in the game. This is also key if Lenny has to fight someone terrifying. Yes you have to flip a card for the test, but if you fail you gain the Paralysed CONDITION.

hadn't realised that, this is excellent, thanks for that ill keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

To sort of piggy back off of this thread I had a similar question (I am also new to the game). Lenny's numbskull rule states that he is immune to all conditions. Can someone clarify on this. Does this mean that on top of not being able to be burned, poisoned, paralyzed, and slowed he can also not be granted positive conditions like fast, focused, or take defensive stance? I believe all of these are considered conditions, no?

To sort of piggy back off of this thread I had a similar question (I am also new to the game). Lenny's numbskull rule states that he is immune to all conditions. Can someone clarify on this. Does this mean that on top of not being able to be burned, poisoned, paralyzed, and slowed he can also not be granted positive conditions like fast, focused, or take defensive stance? I believe all of these are considered conditions, no?